25 Minnesota ~ Practically ON the Freeway

cherry14_IHB

Have you guys seen this one? I get annoyed when I see a house that has a really big flaw but is still listed at a relatively high price. This house is so close to the 5 freeway, it's ridiculous...yet it's still $725,000! Who would pay that much $$$ to live on the 5?

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/25-Minnesota-92606/home/5765656">25 Minnesota</a>

Yeah. That one is right on the freeway wall. Probably one side of the yard IS the freeway wall. I can't imagine the soot that would accumulate. It would be nicer to have a home that has a street in between the house and the wall.

In my opinion it will sell, but probably for around 600K.

I imagine the trees next to the wall filter out all the noise and pollution... not.

If I were to catch a falling knife and be trapped in a property for 15 years, this isn't the one I would choose.

"This home sits at the end of the street and has an oversized yard with only one neighbor next door." Well, yes, that is technically true, because the neighbors on the other side are rather transient, except for 6 - 9am and 3 - 6 pm, when they stay long enough for introductions.

I drove by this place today, since it's in my hood and listings have been rare around here of late, and even at lunchtime on a weekend the noise was unbearable. We didn't even go in and check it out. I'd guess someone will buy it, but for $600-625K if the sellers are smart enough to take that little...

Back