2017 BMW X3 - good deal?

Cornflakes

For a 2017 X3 with 5000 miles on it, what would be a good deal as a % of MSRP?

Car was put in courtesy car pool in Sept last year, and now dealer is selling as used. They are firm on the price. I need to figure out out what % of sticker price is fair deal.

True car says 2017 (two wheel drive) x3s sticker for about 46k and people are actually paying 43k. If you use 100k miles as the life of the car that gets the price down 40,800 and change. From there I would just offer 38K

Dealer has priced it at 81% of sticker price. Seems like a fair price but inside voice tells me that dealer asking price is always inflated a bit.

I usually stay away from courtesy cars. They are usually treated like shit and go through hell.

Plus why x3? I'd go for a GLC at that price range. Much nicer car. Or maybe even the new q5 coming out (or is out).

SoclosetoIrvine said:
Minimum 12-15% off msrp
Shoot me a pm if you are looking for new instead. I know a few auto brokers

Do your brokers do leases? If so, might hit you up in a few months when my lease is up.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
Minimum 12-15% off msrp

Do your brokers do leases? If so, might hit you up in a few months when my lease is up.

Absolutely.  They do everything.  All brands
Gave my coworkers really good deals on a cx5 and also the GLE suv

They get their cut within the deal so you don't need to pay out of pocket.  They even deliver the car to your house if you want that service.  From my experience, I'm a "car guy" so I did all the research first (emailed 5 dealers, played "can you beat that" with lots of emails and lots of my time...called the broker with my best price...and within an hour shaved off another few bucks on my best price)  so he's pretty legit

B2FiNiTY said:
I usually stay away from courtesy cars. They are usually treated like shit and go through hell.

Plus why x3? I'd go for a GLC at that price range. Much nicer car. Or maybe even the new q5 coming out (or is out).

+1... Courtesy cars are really hit and miss.  You might get a car that lasts 10 years or those that break down often.  Courtesy cars are usually those service vehicle cars or employees and they usually get abused.  I would be lying if I didn't try to redline it a few times at stop lights  :p

SoclosetoIrvine said:
best_potsticker_in_town said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
Minimum 12-15% off msrp

Absolutely.  They do everything.  All brands
Gave my coworkers really good deals on a cx5 and also the GLE suv

They get their cut within the deal so you don't need to pay out of pocket.  They even deliver the car to your house if you want that service.  From my experience, I'm a "car guy" so I did all the research first (emailed 5 dealers, played "can you beat that" with lots of emails and lots of my time...called the broker with my best price...and within an hour shaved off another few bucks on my best price)  so he's pretty legit

Perfect. I usually do that but it takes so much time. And half the dealers want you to come in and talk in-person. I'll reach out in a few months, thanks!

SoclosetoIrvine said:
B2FiNiTY said:

+1... Courtesy cars are really hit and miss.  You might get a car that lasts 10 years or those that break down often.  Courtesy cars are usually those service vehicle cars or employees and they usually get abused.  I would be lying if I didn't try to redline it a few times at stop lights  :p

Don't get a loaner. I've put regular gas in the BMW loaners that I've had.

Back