2014 homebuyers turning into sellers

AW said:
It's market forces.  Supply and demand. 
What else is it telling us

i don't think it's a supply and demand. 1) there is not crazy demand right now in orange county for current home price levels and 2) the supply of inventory is still what i consider it to be in a normal range.  for example, look at irvine, it has approx 685 active properties.  Last year on this date it had 754 active properties. approx 10% less than last year. Less active's because there is less demand (my opinion)
it's telling us instability
it's telling us speculation, it's telling us possible buyer's remorse or any other factor
once in a blue moon a family purchases and ends up getting relocated for a job a month later. this is rare.
purchasing a home is the largest decision, mentally and financially, a person often makes. 

You guys are also missing the fact that many of these 1-2 sellers are looking to move up since they did get unexpected gains and/or want to sell the home because they aren't happy with the home or neighborhood. 

These 2014 homebuyers came active this week alone. Mind you I probably can't catch every single listing, so there's probably a couple more out there.  This is more than 1 or 2.....

1438 Montgomerey, Tustin Sold 5/27/14 $674k. Active $725k
2375 Elden, Costa Mesa. Sold 4/29/14 $549k. Active $629k
10707 Lauren, Garden Grove Sold 5/15/14 $583k. Active $629k
42 Chadron, Ladera Ranch Sold 3/2014 $394k. Active $408k
2314 Sandbar, Fullerton Sold 1/14/14 $412k. Active $469k
1561 Sherwood Village, Placentia Sold 4/14 $400k. Active $419k

For example, look at 42 Chadron in LR.  This owner is going to actually dig into their pocket if they chose to sell, even at their list price....Don't forget they have closing costs involved, often as much as 3-5%.  There is 0 unexpected gains from any of these properties.  There is 0 unexpected gains from *almost* any standard sale purchase in 2014.

In my opinion, this is too many coming back to active. It's starting to smell....maybe it goes away? But again, this is all my opinion.

That doesn't seem like that much in all of orange county. People relocate, people get divorced, people's families grow, circumstances change. 

The lending is much stricter than what it was before, so if they can afford to buy it, chances are they'll be afford to keep it unlike the loose lending back then

Bullsback said:
That doesn't seem like that much in all of orange county. People relocate, people get divorced, people's families grow, circumstances change. 

just trying to make the point i'm noticing this much more than any year prior to 2014. Who doesn't get a divorce with a near 50% divorce rate in this country?

Back