2010 Irvine New Home Collection

Just one more thing to keep in mind as you check out Woodbury next weekend during the grand opening... take a good hard look at all the empty land still left over all around, I still been meaning to take pictures... and just try to estimate how long before all of Woodbury is build out. My best estimate is somewhere between 2 to 4+ years, so for those of you thinking that once phase 1 is gone you'll be left with no house, there is actually NO rush...!

[quote author="roundcorners"]also went by Sonoma.. yesterday, around 3:30 very brisk traffic, one tid-bit I overheard, was that Sonoma will only have the Woodbury Master HOA, no Sub HOA, which comes out to $105...[/quote]

Subs are only for Condos or Townhomes. Sonoma is SFR.

[quote author="roundcorners"]Just one more thing to keep in mind as you check out Woodbury next weekend during the grand opening... take a good hard look at all the empty land still left over all around, I still been meaning to take pictures... and just try to estimate how long before all of Woodbury is build out. My best estimate is somewhere between 2 to 4+ years, so for those of you thinking that once phase 1 is gone you'll be left with no house, there is actually NO rush...![/quote]

I actually got a schedule of the build-out plan when I signed my papers and can confirm that they are not planning on finishing until 2013ish, if i recall correctly...

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Yeah... I got builder-blocked at Carmel again... the models were open but I think only if you were one of the "chosen". I saw a couple sneak in from the far side and go through... tempted to do that myself but I'm too big to be stealthy.

Drove by Montecito but they had that "Models Closed" sign up and I didn't like the saleslady.

So went back over to Sonoma... why are they the only ones open? Spent more time in Plan 3 since we rushed through it the last time. The ceiling fans are installed in the Cali Rooms now. Despite what BK thinks... I really like the way Sonoma made the Kitchen/Great Room layout. It feels very open and functional. The upstairs is less functional but that's personal preference. I like the Plan 1 master the most as it is huge (as is the laundry in Plan 1). If these things were $100k less... we may be tempted. I did confirm that these are zero lot line on one side (your neighbor's house is one side of your lot).

So we headed over to the WE to see if anything was open, "Models Closed" signs were out for Coronado and whatever the one next to it was but on the other side, Santa Cruz was open. These were surprising to me. I wish I brought my camera because I would do the same thing with Sonoma and detail the plans... maybe next time. These are also motor court products but unlike Montecito, they don't have driveways and are fairly close the court/street. They are wider than long but very spacious. They range from 2000-2450sft and start at $600k and top out at $700k. They also have 9-foot ceilings, Cali Rooms, Great Rooms and upstairs laundries. Their execution of the Master Baths were actually better (in my opinion) than that of Sonoma's.

I think they would have more interest in their Plan 3 if they made that lower Den have a bedroom option and the ability to add a shower to the powder. That would probably be the lowest price 4br/3ba detached product in this whole collection.

However... like Sonoma, still overpriced. These 3BRs should be in the 500s... not 600s... I am still shocked how much these things are selling for. The mix of homes in WE is strange and I wonder how that area will turn out.

I also went to Aliso Viejo for the Grand Opening of the Birch River models. Those houses are nice, over 3000sft, 3-car tandems, 5br options and start at about $890k. But for the area, overpriced still. Even AV has TIC syndrome.[/quote]

If Santa Cruz had a bedroom downstairs (4 bed instead of 3+den) I would definitely consider buying. I need to have a full bath downstairs and a powder won't do it. Also, Santa Cruz has a much smaller lot size than Montecito. Also, Montecito has a full driveway and more of a traditional feel, even though on a motorcourt. That being said, Montecito is about $80K more expensive, so I guess it evens out.

[quote author="scubasteve"]
[quote author="roundcorners"]Just one more thing to keep in mind as you check out Woodbury next weekend during the grand opening... take a good hard look at all the empty land still left over all around, I still been meaning to take pictures... and just try to estimate how long before all of Woodbury is build out. My best estimate is somewhere between 2 to 4+ years, so for those of you thinking that once phase 1 is gone you'll be left with no house, there is actually NO rush...![/quote]

I actually got a schedule of the build-out plan when I signed my papers and can confirm that they are not planning on finishing until 2013ish, if i recall correctly...[/quote]

2013? Wow....that's a long time from now, and that's when they are planning to start OH and LC.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]They range from 2000-2450sft[/quote]

I believe they range from 2027-2283 sqft.

[quote author="ajw522"]
[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]They range from 2000-2450sft[/quote]

I believe they range from 2027-2283 sqft.[/quote]
For that top range, I added the ConsRoom option for Plan 3 instead of the CaliRoom.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
[quote author="ajw522"]

I believe they range from 2027-2283 sqft.[/quote]
For that top range, I added the ConsRoom option for Plan 3 instead of the CaliRoom.[/quote]

Oh I see.

Stopped by the sales office again today and noticed that they had Phase 3 pricing for Coronado. Thought I'd update my fellow TI'ers. There was a modest 3K jump in price from the base price of Phase 1/2 and I noticed that one was sold and the other 5 had "reserved" pins on them.

Plan 1: 593K-595K (Originally 590K-595K)
Plan 2: 622K-625K (Originally 619K-625K)
Plan 3: 643K-645K (Originally 640K-645K)

Speaking of, there was a small raise in Sonoma Release 2 also... like 8k on Plan 1 and more than that on the other two.

TIC is so greedy.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Speaking of, there was a small raise in Sonoma Release 2 also... like 8k on Plan 1 and more than that on the other two.

TIC is so greedy.[/quote]
Well, who the heck would buy the Release 1 if people knew prices were gonna be lower of Releases 2 and so on? Don't you know TIC's new home motto...."Buy now or be priced out forever"

For the people who have gone through the sales process, who is servicing your home warranty? The builder or TIC?

Builders used to have 5 or 10-year structural warranties but nowadays, builders may not be around that long.

[quote author="jumpcut"]
[quote author="scubasteve"]

I actually got a schedule of the build-out plan when I signed my papers and can confirm that they are not planning on finishing until 2013ish, if i recall correctly...[/quote]

Steve, if it's possible for you to summarize that WB build-out plan here (i.e. when specific parcels will be built out) it would be much appreciated.[/quote]

I'll try to dig through all the documents that KB gave me when I get home tonight...

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Speaking of, there was a small raise in Sonoma Release 2 also... like 8k on Plan 1 and more than that on the other two.

TIC is so greedy.[/quote]

Sonoma's prices are trickey since there is a lot of variation between similar plans, based on elevation type, cali-room or conservatory, fireplace and lot size.

Since many of the remaining lots at sonoma are zero-lot lines I believe the price should be pretty stable (though they will probably try to down play this fact).

Actually... I think someone else posted here that Sonoma has lot size variances... depth not width.

Based on the site map, there are some lots that have bigger lots... but you're still right next to your left/right neighbor so it's not that much of a premium (it's the difference between does my CaliRoom almost hit my back wall or not?).

So they will be open to the general public (not just the special people on the pre-reg list) this Friday? Panda will be happy about that.

But you're saying they will be open sooner? Like tomorrow? If so, lunchtime field trip time for me.

BTW: Why is TRIPointe smarter than the rest? By having their models open, I think it gives them an advantage over Montecito and Carmel who will only let the "special sheeple" look at their goods. I guess I'm irritated because I've been to Montecito/Carmel 3 times already and I keep getting the "We'll be open Jan 30" spiel.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]So they will be open to the general public (not just the special people on the pre-reg list) this Friday? Panda will be happy about that.

But you're saying they will be open sooner? Like tomorrow? If so, lunchtime field trip time for me.

BTW: Why is TRIPointe smarter than the rest? By having their models open, I think it gives them an advantage over Montecito and Carmel who will only let the "special sheeple" look at their goods. I guess I'm irritated because I've been to Montecito/Carmel 3 times already and I keep getting the "We'll be open Jan 30" spiel. [/quote]

No, no. Carmel is only open as a private preview night for those on the priority list. You must RSVP.

for what its worth, about three weeks ago, we went to montecito, we are not on the priority list, we just walked into the models by going directly through the motorcourt, we did not go into the sales office. There were people coming out of the sales office onto the motorcourt and into the models, so we walked right in with the rest of them.

[quote author="qwerty"]for what its worth, about three weeks ago, we went to montecito, we are not on the priority list, we just walked into the models by going directly through the motorcourt, we did not go into the sales office. There were people coming out of the sales office onto the motorcourt and into the models, so we walked right in with the rest of them.[/quote]

That was good timing - the motorcourt is now gated off.

Back