2010 Irvine New Home Collection

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Are the models open at Coronado?[/quote]

They are only showing it to people if you have prequalified through them. Right now they are still working on painting and furnishing the place. I don't think it will be officially open to the public until the end of the month.

[quote author="scubasteve"]
[quote author="martymcfry"]Does anyone have the pricing info (including HOA and taxes) for Santa Cruz?

Thanks![/quote]

It's the same as Coronado:

HOA: 134
MR: about 3000/year (if what I'm hearing from the sales agents are
true and that TIC is subsidizing it; if not then i think it's around 4800)[/quote]

Thanks!

Any idea on the actual prices of the homes or has that info not been released yet?

I just got confirmation from AJW that the official grand opening will be on the 30th! I hope those of you who are buying will make it to the get together...

[quote author="scubasteve"]
[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
The Coronado Plan 2 has an option to change the den into a 4th bedroom (adding a shower to the storate area that was in the laundry room beside the powder room).[/quote]

That's correct. The only thing I wish plan 2 had was an upstairs master bedroom, but I can compromise with having the extra bed/bath and street entrance..[/quote]

Wow - I am an idiot! I didn't check the plan 2 options, only the plan 3. My bad.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]So out of the 2010 Collection, is Montecito the only one with the models actually open or are they all open?

(everytime I see 'Montecito', I'm reminded of that 'Las Vegas' tv show)[/quote]

Montecito's models are not open. They are not furnished yet and they are only open on select days for pre-approved buyers. I stopped by Sonoma on Saturday and they aren't officially open, but the models are furnished.

So as far as I know, nothing is opening until Jan. 30

[quote author="IACRenter"]
[quote author="pete423"]After careful consideration we have decided to go with Los Arobles in Portola Springs. We were waiting for the new collections to open for comparison. I like the floor plans of the new collection and the california room. But I have decided I cannot live with the motor court. Woodbury felt packed to me the first time we drove in, the motor court made it even worse.[/quote]

Which plan are you getting?

I liked Plan 2:
http://floorplans.irvinerealtorsite.com/PortolaSprings/LosArboles/LosArbolesB2020.JPG

The homes offer a more traditional SFR feel. You get your own driveway, backyard, and detached living. The big downside to PS is the high MR and some folks don't like the remote location. I like the feel of being closer to the mountains.[/quote]

I liked Plan 2 as well but the wife does not think she can make into the garage so ended up settling on Plan 1.

The traditional SFR feel is what sold us. The lot we picked had a 40'x30' backyard as well as a good size front courtyard. It was the biggest yard out of all the New Irvine Homes we saw in our price range. The high MR bothered us for a while but we realized eventually Irvine Company will have to buy it down for their future phases.

[quote author="ajw522"]
[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]So out of the 2010 Collection, is Montecito the only one with the models actually open or are they all open?

(everytime I see 'Montecito', I'm reminded of that 'Las Vegas' tv show)[/quote]

Montecito's models are not open. They are not furnished yet and they are only open on select days for pre-approved buyers. I stopped by Sonoma on Saturday and they aren't officially open, but the models are furnished.

So as far as I know, nothing is opening until Jan. 30[/quote]

I stopped by the Montecito models today--they were not open to the public yet. Have to wait till Jan 30th for the Grand Opening for the 2010 Collection.

The Montecito Sales Rep seemed friendly and mentioned there were already a number of prequalified customers looking to purchase phase 1.

As I was walking into the office, there was another two car loads of Chinese, Mandarin speaking folks perusing as well.

I have a strong feeling that the JAN 30th Grand Opening will be another successful marketing blitz by TIC--say hi to the TIC/builder operatives posting on this thread. It will be just as crowded as the WE opening last summer and will have lots of freebies if you get there early enough. No need to predict the high % of foot traffic will be FCB/Asian/FOB etc...

[quote author="pete423"]
[quote author="IACRenter"]

Which plan are you getting?

I liked Plan 2:
http://floorplans.irvinerealtorsite.com/PortolaSprings/LosArboles/LosArbolesB2020.JPG

The homes offer a more traditional SFR feel. You get your own driveway, backyard, and detached living. The big downside to PS is the high MR and some folks don't like the remote location. I like the feel of being closer to the mountains.[/quote]

I liked Plan 2 as well but the wife does not think she can make into the garage so ended up settling on Plan 1.

The traditional SFR feel is what sold us. The lot we picked had a 40'x30' backyard as well as a good size front courtyard. It was the biggest yard out of all the New Irvine Homes we saw in our price range. The high MR bothered us for a while but we realized eventually Irvine Company will have to buy it down for their future phases. [/quote]

The PLAN 1 is nice as well, with a better Great Room execution than the Plan 2 (didn't like having those posts in the way). But for me, I need at least 4 bedrooms and one of them needs to be downstairs with a full bath.

Plan 1:
http://floorplans.irvinerealtorsite.com/PortolaSprings/LosArboles/LosArbolesA2003.JPG
Plan 2:
http://floorplans.irvinerealtorsite.com/....rbolesB2020.JPG

Anybody care to share some real photos of the new Woodbury homes?

I'm interested in seeing Sonoma, Montecito, Santa Cruz, and Corando.

[quote author="new2irvine"]
[quote author="ajw522"]

So as far as I know, nothing is opening until Jan. 30[/quote]

The Montecito models were open to the general public on Sunday (1/10) for 1-day only. I think this was to wet appetites and it doesn't seem like they advertised for it so it wasn't that crowded (as compared to what I read for the Ivy at WE). [/quote]

No, they were only open to pre-approved buyers (at least, that is what I was told by the sales representative)

Just got the email blast about the official date being Jan 30:

Within weeks The 2010 New Home Collection neighborhoods are set to debut! Mark your calendar for Saturday, January 30th as 8 new neighborhoods grand open in the Villages of Woodbury & Woodbury East. Tour these 25 new innovative floorplan designs and discover one that is just right for you and your family!

If you haven't yet registered for your favorite neighborhoods, go online today! While you're there, learn more about our Priority Registration Program. Demand is high to purchase one of these new homes, so participating in Priority Registration determines your place on the priority list to purchase. What are you waiting for? There has never been a better time to buy a new home within the Villages of Irvine. Interest Rates are low, the Federal Tax Credit has been extended and there are 25 different floorplans to choose from!
This is going to be an FCB frenzy.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Just got the email blast about the official date being Jan 30:

Within weeks The 2010 New Home Collection neighborhoods are set to debut! Mark your calendar for Saturday, January 30th as 8 new neighborhoods grand open in the Villages of Woodbury & Woodbury East. Tour these 25 new innovative floorplan designs and discover one that is just right for you and your family!

If you haven't yet registered for your favorite neighborhoods, go online today! While you're there, learn more about our Priority Registration Program. Demand is high to purchase one of these new homes, so participating in Priority Registration determines your place on the priority list to purchase. What are you waiting for? There has never been a better time to buy a new home within the Villages of Irvine. Interest Rates are low, the Federal Tax Credit has been extended and there are 25 different floorplans to choose from!
This is going to be an FCB frenzy.[/quote]
Sounds very close to "hurry buy now or be priced out forever." And what the heck are they talking about the Federal Tax Credit when none of these homes will be able to close by June 30th. haha

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Just got the email blast about the official date being Jan 30:

This is going to be an FCB frenzy.[/quote]
Sounds very close to "hurry buy now or be priced out forever." And what the heck are they talking about the Federal Tax Credit when none of these homes will be able to close by June 30th. haha[/quote]

They told us move-in date for phase 1 was in June, so hopefully I'll be able to get the credit. But Phases 1 and 2 will be sold out by the time their public opening occurs on the 30th, which will mean that the other phases are unlikely to be completed by june..

Sheesh. That's the day of our get together and we'll be in the neighborhood! LOL!

I could easily walk there from my place and avoid the car/parking frenzy. But then again, do I want to? If I had a really snazzy camera, I'd do it for the pictures.

Anyone else thinking of going before the GTG?

[quote author="Blueberry East"]
[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
Sounds very close to "hurry buy now or be priced out forever." And what the heck are they talking about the Federal Tax Credit when none of these homes will be able to close by June 30th. haha[/quote]

When they hurry, shouldn't at least phase 1 be possible by Jun 30? It's going to be crazy on opening day. Maybe ten thousands of people. I'm not sure if I can handle this, but the free refreshments are attracting me.

[/quote]

What about my Costco burgers? Come out to the TI Get Together and avoid the crowds!

4270037897_58a105eccb_o.jpg

Checked out the Montecito models over the weekend. Some visitors were pre-qualified and others appeared to be lookie-loos (sp?). The open floorplan with the Cali room was nice. But, the backyard was small and the models had the biggest yards (per the site plan). Most lots appeared to have the Cali room almost right up against the backyard walls. So I don't know if I could call these backyards really backyards. They are more like small patios. I think I would consider these if they had a little bigger yard so it wouldn't feel so closed in.

I also drove over to look at the Sonomas (not as much foot traffic as the Montecito's). The models were fully furnished and very attractive. Pricing for these (for phase 1 release 1) start at $771,700 (cheapests plan 1) and up to $930,000 (the most expensive plan 3 with conservatory in lieu of the calif room).

Thanks kayochan... that's what I thought... that they were open over the weekend.

I wonder if they are open during the week so I can check them out during a lunch break.

Those Sonoma prices seem pretty high... that would mean Carmel is even higher. I guess they are trying to close the gap between those and Villa Rosa... I feel it's ridiculous to pay more than $800k for a house without a 3rd car garage or a 5th bedroom.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Thanks kayochan... that's what I thought... that they were open over the weekend.

I wonder if they are open during the week so I can check them out during a lunch break.

Those Sonoma prices seem pretty high... that would mean Carmel is even higher. I guess they are trying to close the gap between those and Villa Rosa... I feel it's ridiculous to pay more than $800k for a house without a 3rd car garage or a 5th bedroom.[/quote]

what about without a backyard?

[quote author="25inIrvine"]what about without a backyard?[/quote]
That's what pocket parks are for... heh.

I've consigned myself to if you want to buy new in Irvine, you'll have to live without a backyard... and I guess a 3rd car garage too.

I would rather have a 2+tandem or even 2.5 instead of that California Room. They focus group'ed the wrong people. Anyone who has lived in a house with a garage bigger than 2 knows it's infinitely more useful than a covered patio.

Back