There's a Navy guy and a Marine both peeing at the same time. They both get done at the same time and as the Navy guy washes his hands the Marine is about to walk out so, the Navy guy says to him, "In the Navy they teach us to wash our hands." so the Marine says, "In the Marines they teach us not to pee on our hands."  :)

MagicJ1zz said:
Don't call bullshit on this one.  This thread is no joke.  I've witnessed over 5 men over the course of 3 careers at 3 top fortune 500 companies that I've worked for.  These white men are also Director level and Manager-level.  Not some punk kid.

Wow, you've seen over FIVE men do this? That's totally enough to generalize about the behavior of white men in corporate America!

I'm a woman and I'll give you the real scoop. It's not because they're white, or because they're bigshots, or because they're men. It's because many/most people are gross and don't really care or think about hygiene. I'm always amazed at the number of women I see leaving restrooms and not washing their hands...of all races and social classes.

They just don't think about it. You know how when you go to a buffet, you always see someone licking their fingers? Or the checker at the grocery store who licks a finger when opening a bag? These things make me shudder because I'm a germaphobe, but normal people just don't worry about the germs they might be getting or spreading to others.

iacrenter said:
There's a Navy guy and a Marine both peeing at the same time. They both get done at the same time and as the Navy guy washes his hands the Marine is about to walk out so, the Navy guy says to him, "In the Navy they teach us to wash our hands." so the Marine says, "In the Marines they teach us not to pee on our hands."  :)

LOL, I'll have to share this one with my husband.

traceimage said:
MagicJ1zz said:
Don't call bullshit on this one.  This thread is no joke.  I've witnessed over 5 men over the course of 3 careers at 3 top fortune 500 companies that I've worked for.  These white men are also Director level and Manager-level.  Not some punk kid.

Wow, you've seen over FIVE men do this? That's totally enough to generalize about the behavior of white men in corporate America!

I'm a woman and I'll give you the real scoop. It's not because they're white, or because they're bigshots, or because they're men. It's because many/most people are gross and don't really care or think about hygiene. I'm always amazed at the number of women I see leaving restrooms and not washing their hands...of all races and social classes.

They just don't think about it. You know how when you go to a buffet, you always see someone licking their fingers? Or the checker at the grocery store who licks a finger when opening a bag? These things make me shudder because I'm a germaphobe, but normal people just don't worry about the germs they might be getting or spreading to others.

True...Germs are everywhere. This is why evolution has armed us with a pretty kick ass immune system along with natural physical and chemical barriers (like an extremely acidic gastric environment, skin, cilia, mucous, tears) all to assist in keeping these organisms out. It's a good thing to expose yourself to germs though because that's how your immune system becomes stronger. I sent my kids to preschool at an early age simply so they get sick and build up their defenses for when it counts. But this is the problem with the 1st world compared to 3rd world.Our environment is actually too clean, we aren't exposed enough hence the rampancy of allergies. If you go to China or India those kids will look at you like "what's an allergy" and in the setting of a super bug pandemic they'll be much better off than us. Just food for thought  :)

God gave us that immune system. People used to live hundreds of years.

Wasn't China the source of the Asian Flu and SARS outbreaks? I think I'll take my immune system, vaccines and ABX prn.

Ready2Downsize said:

Wasn't China the source of the Asian Flu and SARS outbreaks? I think I'll take my immune system, vaccines and ABX prn.

But human didn't used to live this long hundreds of years ago.  Very few live to age of 40 and many children don't even reach to adulthood. 

But on the other hands, bad hygiene may be a way to cure over population.  >:D

lnc said:
Ready2Downsize said:

But human didn't used to live this long hundreds of years ago.  Very few live to age of 40 and many children don't even reach to adulthood. 

But on the other hands, bad hygiene may be a way to cure over population.  >:D

It's the natural process of evolution and the Earth and its species will always try to autocorrect to maintain equilibrium. Humans have been messing with this system for way too long hence the overpopulation, the depletion of Earth's resources. But all it takes is a virus like Ebola to mutate and spread via airborne means and we're screwed. It's not the common germs we need to fear - it's the Ebola type killer viruses that can autocorrect human overpopulation very quickly. Hand washing won't do anything for us then. We'll all be wearing N-95 masks around all day.

Back