Guess what! When you idle on the 405 or the 5 because of accidents. Look at the ethnicity of the involved drivers standing next to the tow trucks as you pass them. You can pretty much draw a conclusion.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Guess what! When you idle on the 405 or the 5 because of accidents. Look at the ethnicity of the involved drivers standing next to the tow trucks as you pass them. You can pretty much draw a conclusion.

Been traveling on the 405 pretty much since it was built (albeit, much less these days) and I have no idea where you're going with this.

Soooo... a friend of ours in Fullerton was at a complete stop at a light recently. The lady in front of him threw it in reverse. He saw her reverse lights come on. Smashed his bumper. She got out of the car and was like, "What did YOU DO?!" Our friend said he didn't do anything, that it was she who bumped into him. Her little boy was in the backseat and got out. She told our friend, "I didn't do anything. I NEVER get into accidents." Her little boy said, "Yes, you do. And Dad does ALL THE TIME." She told the kid to "shut the f*ck up!"  :eek: :(

Scammer! Apparently that's how the whole family rolls. We told our friend he should have had a dash cam! That would settle this. Not sure what he's going to do now. After all, due to the damage, it appears as though he rear-ended her, making him at fault... which is why she runs this particular scam, of course.

Anyway, just a warning about the people out there looking for a pay day.

SoCal said:
Soooo... a friend of ours in Fullerton was at a complete stop at a light recently. The lady in front of him threw it in reverse. He saw her reverse lights come on. Smashed his bumper. She got out of the car and was like, "What did YOU DO?!" Our friend said he didn't do anything, that it was she who bumped into him. Her little boy was in the backseat and got out. She told our friend, "I didn't do anything. I NEVER get into accidents." Her little boy said, "Yes, you do. And Dad does ALL THE TIME." She told the kid to "shut the f*ck up!"  :eek: :(

Scammer! Apparently that's how the whole family rolls. We told our friend he should have had a dash cam! That would settle this. Not sure what he's going to do now. After all, due to the damage, it appears as though he rear-ended her, making him at fault... which is why she runs this particular scam, of course.

Anyway, just a warning about the people out there looking for a pay day.
Don't cars nowadays have data recorders that records things like how fast you were going, whether you were going forward or reverse, whether you were applying the brakes or accelerator, at the time of impact?  But I agree if everyone had dash cams it would make life very difficult for lowlifes. 

Back