114 sabiosa pavilion park

BruinDoc said:
Good friend of mine is having a hard time selling because of the dreaded 114/14 in their address.
I think some builders are circumventing this by having only odd-numbered addresses in their tracts.

But then they would miss the faster moving 8, 18, 88, 118, 188 etc addresses. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
BruinDoc said:
Good friend of mine is having a hard time selling because of the dreaded 114/14 in their address.
I think some builders are circumventing this by having only odd-numbered addresses in their tracts.

But then they would miss the faster moving 8, 18, 88, 118, 188 etc addresses. :)

IHO, did you catch the address on my new place??  8)

irvinehomeowner said:
BruinDoc said:

Good point but in our neighborhood there are only odd-numbered addresses, which I found odd... ;D
Makes sense to keep the myriad of 'good' 8 related numbers at the expense of one 'bad' 114/14 number.

BruinDoc said:
irvinehomeowner said:
BruinDoc said:

Good point but in our neighborhood there are only odd-numbered addresses, which I found odd... ;D
Makes sense to keep the myriad of 'good' 8 related numbers at the expense of one 'bad' 114/14 number.

in my neighborhood, the builder actually skipped from 2 to 6 in the street numbering. But strangely enough, they did keep a 14, and skipped the number 13 on the other side of the street. Go figure...

It's so crazy how much Feng Shui affects Irvine housing (even though most of us think that's ludicrous, it's definitely something we all should think about when purchasing a home in Irvine).
Even in Capella I personally think the Capella Model 1 was very nicely designed and a beautiful home but I was so perplexed when they were having a difficult time selling it while the other 2 models easily sold. Then I realized that the model home is at the end of a T-section with Bridle Path literally running straight into the Model 1 home. And that's a big Feng Shui No-No. So that's probably why it is having difficulty selling.

Paris said:
It's so crazy how much Feng Shui affects Irvine housing (even though most of us think that's ludicrous, it's definitely something we all should think about when purchasing a home in Irvine).
Even in Capella I personally think the Capella Model 1 was very nicely designed and a beautiful home but I was so perplexed when they were having a difficult time selling it while the other 2 models easily sold. Then I realized that the model home is at the end of a T-section with Bridle Path literally running straight into the Model 1 home. And that's a big Feng Shui No-No. So that's probably why it is having difficulty selling.

feng shui definitely affects irvine real estate, however many of the principles of feng shui are rooted in basic desirability of a property.  many people, chinese or not, don't want to buy a 1.7M home at a T intersection.  there's traffic from all seventy homes running past your house every day, no place near the house for your kids to play, headlights beaming into your bedrooms at night, and higher risks of accidents at an intersection. 

i happen to know the agent hired by taylor morrison to sell the model, and she advised there are many viewers, at least half non chinese, including many non feng shui cultures such as koreans and persians, but no takers at least as of last weekend.  perhaps they are also thinking of future resale as well.

interestingly vicenza lot 59, at the corner of clear night and spanish moss, has the exact same problem being on a t intersection.  it was a very early phase home and still has not sold.

Back