$11.29 for a Carl's Jr. Combo?!

riznick said:
gonna have to rename that six dollar burger soon, if they haven't done so already...

They already did this about a year back.  Originally they slowly transitioned and went from:
Six Dollar Burger > Six Dollar Thickburger
Then 4-5 months later they went from:
Six Dollar Thickburger > Thickburger

Tricky eh.  No more Six Dollar Burger. 

I still remember the original commercial had hidden cameras when some guy went to a fancy restaurant and ordered a burger and they secretly replaced it with Carls Jr. Six Dollar Burger then the Voice Over said "Why would you pay six dollars for a burger at a fancy restaurant when you can the same thing at Carls Jr. for around half the price".... or something like that.

If you're already filling up at the Chevron, is it really worth your time to go fill up again at Costco, just to save maybe $3 or $4?  I'm guilty of doing this too in the past, but I can no longer rationalize spending an additional 15 mins (driving to Costco, waiting in line and filling up) to save a few bucks. 

Irvinecommuter said:
NYT said:
lnc said:
ukuoy said:
And the Chevron next to it is pricey too

That Chevron probably has the most expensive gas in OC. 

TIC must charging them quite a bit of money for the rent.

I used to blindly fill up at that Chevron because it was close to my home. But holy crap. It's almost always at least 25 cents/gallon more than anywhere else. In the past year, I don't think I've filled up at that station. I've read that gas stations that charge more are usually located right off the freeways; not this one!

I just fuel up 1/4 tank just so I have enough gas to get to Costco gas.

paydawg said:
If you're already filling up at the Chevron, is it really worth your time to go fill up again at Costco, just to save maybe $3 or $4?  I'm guilty of doing this too in the past, but I can no longer rationalize spending an additional 15 mins (driving to Costco, waiting in line and filling up) to save a few bucks. 

Irvinecommuter said:
NYT said:
lnc said:
ukuoy said:
And the Chevron next to it is pricey too

That Chevron probably has the most expensive gas in OC. 

TIC must charging them quite a bit of money for the rent.

I used to blindly fill up at that Chevron because it was close to my home. But holy crap. It's almost always at least 25 cents/gallon more than anywhere else. In the past year, I don't think I've filled up at that station. I've read that gas stations that charge more are usually located right off the freeways; not this one!

I just fuel up 1/4 tank just so I have enough gas to get to Costco gas.

I usually go to Costco but if I need some gas to get me through the day, I just get it at Chevron.  I will end up at Costco at some point.

I'm with you paydawg - that Costco line is 10 cars deep. It's nuts to save $3. Which reminds me, this Saturday morning I will leave 1000 single dollar bills at each of the following locations for my fellow TI's can skip a few Costco fill ups:

- Woodbury swimming pool entrance.
- pavilion park greenhouse entrance
- beacon park - silvermist plan 1 front door
- cypress village - elementary school drop off
- orchard hills grove - will leave at Paris' house

Please only take five singles, don't be greedy :)

qwerty said:
I'm with you paydawg - that Costco line is 10 cars deep. It's nuts to save $3. Which reminds me, this Saturday morning I will leave 1000 single dollar bills at each of the following locations for my fellow TI's can skip a few Costco fill ups:

Did those 1000 single dollar bills come from the ones the ladies stuffed in your speedos?

qwerty said:

I think you meant Mexico pesos instead of dollars.

This thread was giving me cravings. I had to go get it. The Carl's I went to calls it "The Original Six Dollar Thickburger". It's available in 1/3 lb. and 1/2 lb. I ordered the half pound. Lettuce wrap and no combo because who the heck can eat that much. All I really wanted was a big piece of meat. The six dollar burger is, indeed six bucks. $6.09 to be exact.

qwerty said:
I'm with you paydawg - that Costco line is 10 cars deep. It's nuts to save $3.
Costco Gas station has early and late hours. If you live in Greenwood you can avoid the line and get cheap gas.  I actually used that statement to try and convince my wife we should buy at Stafford.  It didn't work though.

These girls don't come cheap
texmex4.jpg

Happiness said:
qwerty said:

Did those 1000 single dollar bills come from the ones the ladies stuffed in your speedos?

Don't worry - there stuffed in the front not the back :)

Back