Recent content by irvinehomeshopper

  1. I

    UCI suicide

    The suicides at UCI were each unique and tragic. One involved a pregnant woman who bruised herself before locking herself in her trunk. In another incident, a graduate student back in 2010 entered a native grass field near the observatory, where he died from asphyxiation; his death was...
  2. I

    UCI suicide

    The newer dorms are required to have a 4” stop installed on all tracks. Single-hung and casement windows aren’t permitted. The UC Regents and the State Architect have issued strict specifications to help minimize the risk of self-harm. Even the door height was carefully studied to account for...
  3. I

    UCI suicide

    A Sophomore hung himself in his dorm. UC Regent, take note: no more architectural floating beams in dorm rooms. A beam ceiling is OK if it's attached to the ceiling. IPD, please check the dorm freezer for a frozen Icicle gun.
  4. I

    University of Georgia - Athens, GA

    My childhood friend worked as an admissions officer at USC. The school kept a very close watch on its front door for freshman admissions, and its ranking metrics largely reflect those admissions. At the same time, the door seemed much more open to junior college transfer students from affluent...
  5. I

    BR vs Serrano Summit vs Meadows in LF

    Lake Forest faces an uncertain future without a long-term stewardship plan. The community's land supply is limited and rapidly shrinking as Toll Bros and Shea Homes — pressured by investor demands — struggle to sustain sales in a declining market. Baker Ranch may be forced into fire-sale...
  6. I

    Irvine Crime Wave

    You might be new here, but let me explain: trauma centers often carry a negative reputation among hospitals because they can impact local property values. For example, affluent cities tend to avoid having a trauma center nearby—think of Martin Luther King, Drew Medical Center in South Central...
  7. I

    Irvine Crime Wave

    Increase the population to diminish the FBI crime percentages.
  8. I

    Moving to Irvine for Middle/High School: Feedback requested

    Top private colleges tend to favor slightly blemished applicants from prestigious schools like Phillips Exeter, especially those from HW or East Coast feeder institutions, over flawless candidates from Whitney or Uni. The deciding factor often comes down to wealthy parents from these feeder...
  9. I

    Landfill Smell in Portola Springs or Orchard Hills Summit?

    I don't smell it, so it must not be there. I stuck my head in the sand; I can't see you, so I must be hidden. My trash goes to the Bowerman Landfill. Over the last twenty years, I’ve dumped unused paints, insecticides, old bleach, batteries, and more at the bottom of the trash bins. I’ve never...
  10. I

    motor court garbage

    Good exercise promotes a healthy lifestyle. I roll 3 bins, 250 feet each way, at my OC property. It's much longer for the East Coast property at 325 feet. Irvine residents are spoiled, with everything within less than 30 steps.
  11. I

    Gullivers to close on June 30

    The cost of building a parking structure is $40,000 per stall. No home builder will carry the cost of building the entire parking structure just to sell a few homes in phase one. Unless absorption is through the roof, where a builder could sell 150 units per month, then the podium or a wrap...
  12. I

    BK's Bible of Square Footage

    ADU for in-laws over your kitchen countertop. https://www.facebook.com/reel/2085173172036389/?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V&fs=e&mibextid=wwXIfr&fs=e
  13. I

    BK's Bible of Square Footage

    Lastly, 1CWG
  14. I

    BK's Bible of Square Footage

    Here is the progression: 3CWG extinct Motorcourt No driveway No 5’ sideyard No backyard Patio yard Three story Three story attached Modern flat roof Tandem garage 4 story 4 story attached By-pass tandem Built to rent Concept Major class action flatroof leaks Modern style disappears Needs...
  15. I

    Gullivers to close on June 30

    The areas surrounding SNA MacArthur, from the 405 to Bristol, have been rezoned for medium-density residential development at a rate of 30 units per acre. These properties will be available for sale. However, it's worth noting that podium and wrap-style designs often do not prove to be...
Back
Top