Recent content by cherry14_IHB

  1. cherry14_IHB

    Costa Mesa...good location gone wrong!

    I agree..it's unfortunate that Costa Mesa isn't a better area to raise a family, because the location is so convenient. I initially even thought of buying a house there but was repeatedly warned that the schools weren't very good. I think that for most areas, they basically go downhill without...
  2. cherry14_IHB

    A new escrow thread for a new housing market...

    I wonder if this will cause an increase in inventory? Maybe potential sellers will see that homes are selling fast, so they might decide to list theirs too?
  3. cherry14_IHB

    25 Minnesota ~ Practically ON the Freeway

    Have you guys seen this one? I get annoyed when I see a house that has a really big flaw but is still listed at a relatively high price. This house is so close to the 5 freeway, it's ridiculous...yet it's still $725,000! Who would pay that much $$$ to live on the 5? 25 Minnesota
  4. cherry14_IHB

    Current thoughts on Foothill Ranch

    No, not redneck hillbillies, but the people seem less wealthy.
  5. cherry14_IHB

    Current thoughts on Foothill Ranch

    I also considered FR, but decided against it. It feels much more inland, like it's in the Inland Empire, if that makes sense. Maybe because it's closer to the hills. (I personally don't like that because I worry about wildfires.) It also feels less upscale than Irvine. Just my opinion.
  6. cherry14_IHB

    Frustration with Irvine inventory!

    awgee - I hope he IS right! I just want him to be right sooner rather than later... Like I said, I'm no expert and I don't pretend to be. I'm just remarking on what's going on in the trenches right now. Lots of nutty buyers out there, and not a lot of inventory. I definitely do hope it changes...
  7. cherry14_IHB

    Frustration with Irvine inventory!

    I don't remember the square footage for the houses, but it was probably somewhere around 2000 for each one. I don't think either either one was very upgraded, though. We don't NEED to buy now, we just want to. We do need to move, so theoretically we could rent a house or bigger apt, but I'm...
  8. cherry14_IHB

    Frustration with Irvine inventory!

    I don't think that 2/1 note is accurate for Old Mill. I see that it says 2/1 on Redfin now (weird), but it's a 4/3. It was listed around $719k, I think. Golden Star was listed at about $650k.
  9. cherry14_IHB

    Frustration with Irvine inventory!

    irvine_home_owner, the most recent properties I've seen this happen to are 4042 Old Mill and 23 Golden Star.
  10. cherry14_IHB

    Frustration with Irvine inventory!

    Yes, it would bother me, even though I'm thinking of the house just as a place to live and not as an investment. Nobody likes to feel like they got a lousy deal. But the problem is I feel like I could be waiting forever! Over the past 6 months, I've been reading various things that say prices...
  11. cherry14_IHB

    Frustration with Irvine inventory!

    I'm looking to buy now. I don't know what prices will do, so I'm just going to buy when it's the right time for my family.
  12. cherry14_IHB

    Frustration with Irvine inventory!

    I've been looking for 6 months. During almost that entire time, I have heard people say not to buy because prices are going to drop, and that inventory is going to increase once all the foreclosures hit the market. But here I am 6 months later, and that has still not happened (at least from my...
  13. cherry14_IHB

    Frustration with Irvine inventory!

    I'll believe that when I see it! I hope you're right though.
  14. cherry14_IHB

    Frustration with Irvine inventory!

    We've been looking for months for a home in Irvine, and I just have to say, it's nuts. The good houses seem to disappear as soon as they hit the market! For example, today we were supposed to see two houses that just came on the market on Thursday or Friday (we couldn't go any earlier). And now...
Back
Top