Author Topic: Costco  (Read 41144 times)

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 613
Re: Costco
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2019, 05:04:25 PM »
Costco Rebate voucher cash back for credit card.
I was about to cash my rebate voucher and they were going to write me a check. I made a comment, then why didn’t then send me a check in the first place. Then I started to talk to another random customer. Then they gave me cash.

I've gotten my yearly rebate in cash every year that I can remember. You just have to ask for it.

My post was not about the timing of the rebate check. It was about getting the refund in cash. If they were going to give me a check. Why not send it to me in the mail?
Let’s say I accepted the check option instead of getting cash. Then I would have to go to the bank and deposit it. (I saw the worker writing the check freehand on a corporate check to another member.)

I should have pushed the issue further and asked for cash as well. I'm guessing they don't want to deplete their daily cash reserves for customers who have over X amount of cash back. The biggest PITA was waiting for the manager to write me the check (it does require two Costco manager signatures). He told me to go shopping and it would be ready for me when I came back. I just wanted my money since I had places to go. So instead I wasted 10 minutes standing around reading my iPhone.

So it happened to you to also? It’s not a big deal. But it’s a waste of time.

*I didn’t know the checks required two managers. That throws out my statement regarding the blank checks.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:05:06 PM by eyephone »

Offline Cares

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 64
« Reply #166 on: April 03, 2019, 09:08:09 AM »
I have always cashed my rebate checks and never apply it towards purchases. Got to maximize those credit card points!

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2019, 04:36:49 PM »
Video: Massive crowds overwhelm Costco on its opening day in China

In fact, the wholesale giant was reportedly forced to shut the store, its first ever opened in China, early due to overcrowding and traffic jams. “Due to the extremely large crowds at the newly opened supermarket, for the safety of the public, we urge that residents consume in a rational manner and choose to go shopping at an off-peak time,” The Paper, a Chinese media outlet, reported.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dangerous-crowds-and-3-hour-lines-the-chinese-love-costco-more-than-you-do-2019-08-27

Here are the crazy scenes from Costco’s opening day in China

https://qz.com/1695894/here-are-the-crazy-scenes-from-costcos-opening-day-in-china/

My comment: Costco just opened in China! From the pictures it looks like Black Friday.. (Long lines to get in the store, parking issue, people scrambling to get things) Like I previous said people like good deals. They were so crowded they had to close early. (Wow)

Btw: Costco stock jumped like $13ish today.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 06:22:31 PM by eyephone »

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2019, 08:48:51 PM »
FYI - self service checkout lines @ the District

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 168
  • -Received: 686
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2019, 01:00:59 AM »
Up next: Hot Dog vending machine.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2019, 10:35:44 AM »
Up next: Hot Dog vending machine.

@ the district location: they also have a food kiosk to order food

Also, with the Costco app you can show your Costco digital membership. (No need to show your card)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2019, 10:43:36 AM »
Skip the long lines. Order online and pick up at Costco warehouse (BUT only certain items, um okay)

https://www.costco.com/order-online-pickup-warehouse.html

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts