Author Topic: Costco  (Read 70427 times)

Offline HMart

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 262
  • -Received: 85
Re: Costco
« Reply #195 on: September 03, 2021, 11:15:09 AM »
I am not going to risk it, with the covid delta variance. Costco guest no mask policy.
But employees are required to wear a mask. Kind of strange.

As a business owner, it's way easier to enforce mask mandate on your employees than customers. I feel strongly that people should wear masks at this time, but I also feel bad for employees being asked to be mask cop.

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 505
  • -Received: 789
« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2021, 12:07:36 PM »
But masks are required in costco LA stores. (Indoor mask requirement)

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 667
  • -Received: 599
« Reply #197 on: September 03, 2021, 12:10:27 PM »

Another reason to go to the Costco in OC (along with the tax break).

Offline HMart

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #198 on: September 03, 2021, 12:53:32 PM »

For the same reason, I would come to the opposite conclusion.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #199 on: September 03, 2021, 01:14:48 PM »

I already had Covid and I hate paying the 10 1/2% sales tax in the LBC. Besides, Los Al is closer to my house then signal Hill so for us it’s a win-win.

Offline HMart

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2021, 09:50:59 PM »

I already had Covid and I hate paying the 10 1/2% sales tax in the LBC. Besides, Los Al is closer to my house then signal Hill so for us it’s a win-win.

Glad you are okay post-Covid.

I used to live half a mile from you and Signal Hill was faster. I would still go to Los Al to check out their whisky selection though :) Didn't realize LB tax was up to 10.5; keep in mind that Costco is actually in the city of Signal Hill so tax could be different.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2022, 04:56:41 PM »
Good news!…..

Costco CEO’s one-word answer to whether he would raise the price of hot dogs: ‘No’

Costco’s signature hot dogs won’t face a price hike, the club’s CEO, Craig Jelinek, told CNBC.
On CNBC’s “Squawk on the Street,” Jelinek said along with maintaining the price of the signature food court item, the retailer will keep membership fees the same for now.
Costco has continued to put up big sales numbers even as other retailers have spoken of a weakening consumer and struggles with excess inventory.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/11/costco-ceos-one-word-answer-to-whether-he-would-raise-the-price-of-hot-dogs-no.html?

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 407
  • -Received: 392
« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2022, 05:10:59 PM »
the real stable coin. this and Arizona tea.

Good news!…..

Costco CEO’s one-word answer to whether he would raise the price of hot dogs: ‘No’

Costco’s signature hot dogs won’t face a price hike, the club’s CEO, Craig Jelinek, told CNBC.
On CNBC’s “Squawk on the Street,” Jelinek said along with maintaining the price of the signature food court item, the retailer will keep membership fees the same for now.
Costco has continued to put up big sales numbers even as other retailers have spoken of a weakening consumer and struggles with excess inventory.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/11/costco-ceos-one-word-answer-to-whether-he-would-raise-the-price-of-hot-dogs-no.html?
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Online CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 144
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2022, 09:00:58 PM »
I had the Costco hotdog plus a pepperoni slice on Friday. Not the greatest, but worth the money.  ;D

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 794
  • -Received: 471
« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2022, 12:27:11 PM »
Costco pizza used to be better, but they cut back.  Not as much pepperoni and cheese, plus the combo pizza with green peppers is no longer avail.

If you're referring to the one on Los Alamitos Blvd just past the racetrack, that's the Cypress Costco where I shop.  Better stuff than the old Price Club (Norwalk) location.

I grew up in the area and wanted to buy a house in Rossmoor when I was younger, but ended up in Irvine 2 decades ago due to work.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 12:33:04 PM by momopi »

Online OCtoSV

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 89
  • -Received: 84
« Reply #205 on: July 12, 2022, 01:00:15 PM »
Costco pizza used to be better, but they cut back.  Not as much pepperoni and cheese, plus the combo pizza with green peppers is no longer avail.

If you're referring to the one on Los Alamitos Blvd just past the racetrack, that's the Cypress Costco where I shop.  Better stuff than the old Price Club (Norwalk) location.

I grew up in the area and wanted to buy a house in Rossmoor when I was younger, but ended up in Irvine 2 decades ago due to work.
I love Rossmoor - walk to Los Al Fish Co, close to lots of waves, but unfortunately my wife prefers South OC

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 794
  • -Received: 471
« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2022, 10:00:23 AM »
I love Rossmoor - walk to Los Al Fish Co, close to lots of waves, but unfortunately my wife prefers South OC

I still go there to buy New England clam chowder.

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 86
  • -Received: 529
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2022, 11:46:01 AM »
The Costco business center (no clothes or alc) on Beach Boulevard off 22 sells clam chowder in these frozen plastic bricks.
It's really good.

One would not think frozen plastic bricks taste good...but it's loaded with clam meat.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal