Author Topic: How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...  (Read 720971 times)

Offline Cares

• Real Estate Broker & Mortgage Loan Originator
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 12
  • -Received: 231
Re: How low can we go? 30 yr fixed at 3.75% with no fees...
« Reply #3120 on: September 16, 2021, 08:03:08 AM »
FHFA Suspends Second Home, Investment Loan Limits

This should help improve rates for second and investment homes now. Many lenders didn't apply additional LLPAs already because their portfolio had room to absorb this type of loan mix.

So are you saying you have good rates for investment props, most likely I'd do a cash out too on the refi.

Cash out on investment properties get hit with pretty much all the rate adjustments so they are high. We can talk if you're interested to see what rates I can offer you though. Send me a PM.

Offline test

• Thanks
  • -Given: 8
  • -Received: 406
« Reply #3121 on: September 28, 2021, 05:08:13 PM »

Cash out on investment properties get hit with pretty much all the rate adjustments so they are high. We can talk if you're interested to see what rates I can offer you though. Send me a PM.

Can you give us a ballpark figure?

Offline Cares

• Thanks
« Reply #3122 on: September 28, 2021, 05:40:48 PM »

Can you give us a ballpark figure?

It's not possible to as the range is pretty wide on cash out investment properties. You can get hit anywhere between 3-6 points.

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1051
  • -Received: 1227
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
« Reply #3123 on: October 08, 2021, 10:31:45 AM »
Cash out investment Loan Level Price Adjustment (LLPA) hits aren't as terrible when using a Non-Conforming fixed rate product compared to a Conforming or High Balance Conforming.

Assuming a 70% LTV transaction, Standard Conforming price hits are +2.125 for Non-Owner, .625 for cash out, .25 for LTV to 70% - 3 points total to price - pushing a 3.x rate handle into the mid to upper 3's to reduce the point cost.

The High Balance Conforming LLPA's add 1.0 point to the 3.0 already being charged. This makes it very difficult to structure a zero point rate that is reasonable.

A $1.00 over Standard Conforming jumbo cash out has an LLPA between .875 and 1.25%, however Non-Conforming rules sometimes prevent the self employed or multiple rental property owners refinance due to risk perception. At least you can still get a cash out refinance at a decent rate using something other than a High Balance Conforming loan.

My .02c
My .02c

SGIP

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 217
  • -Received: 275
« Reply #3124 on: October 08, 2021, 10:40:24 AM »
A question. While we have such appreciated high prices for our homes at the moment, would it make sense to do cash out refi? If we can do so while keeping the same or close rate (or even lower?), then why not? I know it reduces the principal amount if we sell the home, but if we're not planning to sell our homes right away and may be thinking of move up in 10 years or so, it might be a good option to enjoy this appreciation. If the home prices ever go down, we at least took the appreciated cash in our pocket. Thoughts?

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 274
« Reply #3125 on: October 08, 2021, 05:14:48 PM »
Depends.

Are the capitals will be use to acquire assets producing income?

Will this offset the additional debts incurs?

Or is it for make me feel good?😀

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1051
  • -Received: 1227
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
« Reply #3126 on: October 08, 2021, 05:23:49 PM »
I wouldn't.

Best to take out a low to -minus margin HELOC as available dry powder. Qualifying is easier, you don't disrupt your 1st TD's amortizing, and you aren't paying interest on money you really aren't using. I'd expect a 2-3 interest rate, but are you guaranteed a 4-7 return? The key word is in bold....
My .02c

SGIP

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline fatduck

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 18
« Reply #3127 on: October 08, 2021, 05:44:07 PM »
A question. While we have such appreciated high prices for our homes at the moment, would it make sense to do cash out refi? If we can do so while keeping the same or close rate (or even lower?), then why not? I know it reduces the principal amount if we sell the home, but if we're not planning to sell our homes right away and may be thinking of move up in 10 years or so, it might be a good option to enjoy this appreciation. If the home prices ever go down, we at least took the appreciated cash in our pocket. Thoughts?
cash out refi is not like selling shares to realize gains.  you're just borrowing money from the bank with your home equity as collateral. 

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 274
« Reply #3128 on: October 08, 2021, 05:49:30 PM »
I wouldn't.

Best to take out a low to -minus margin HELOC as available dry powder. Qualifying is easier, you don't disrupt your 1st TD's amortizing, and you aren't paying interest on money you really aren't using. I'd expect a 2-3 interest rate, but are you guaranteed a 4-7 return? The key word is in bold....

I would follow SLGP here.

Offline Cares

• Thanks
« Reply #3129 on: October 08, 2021, 08:29:04 PM »
I wouldn't.

Like I mentioned before though, a HELOC can cause issues for future refinances unless it is closed or subordinated.

I have had clients who did a large cash out refi and then in 6 months refinanced the loan again to a lower non-cash out rate. Of course we were in a market that had rates decreasing unlike today.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2611
  • -Received: 2104
« Reply #3130 on: October 08, 2021, 08:31:16 PM »
Because of the large loan amount that I'm looking at I'll need to put 25-30% down for my purchase but then I'll just open up a HELOC back up to 80% LTV to have the access to capital.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters