Author Topic: Is Netflix going to die in the next year?  (Read 131420 times)

Offline Cares

• Real Estate Broker & Mortgage Loan Originator
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 14
  • -Received: 264
Re: Is Netflix going to die in the next year?
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2018, 10:35:54 AM »
So is Netflix dying or not dying? I need to know so I can afford my next mortgage payment...

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 503
  • -Received: 789
« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2018, 10:39:41 AM »
That’s funny

Offline lnc

• Thanks
  • -Given: 580
  • -Received: 1073
« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2022, 06:21:41 PM »
It’s finally happening.  After 10 years of shorting NFLX, short seller finally win once.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2022, 06:50:43 PM »
Not with squid games series. (Sheeeesh)

* thats what I read in an article (I think)

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 393
  • -Received: 370
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2022, 07:10:36 PM »
Crypto and NFT next?
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2753
  • -Received: 4076
  • 3CWG
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2022, 10:33:32 PM »
They will be out of business in 5-10 years...with companies like Apple, Amazon, and Google (not to mention all the cable companies) they don't have a chance.
A 5-10 year forecast?

So bold. :D

In 5-10 years... we could be getting the Internet beamed to our heads directly.
Well they aren't going out of business this year....good things take time.

It will be 10 years in 4 days.

I don't think Netflix is going anywhere... or $40 pre-split. :)

So who was able to buy a new house with their Netflix stock that they bought in January 2012?
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 651
  • -Received: 574
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2022, 10:52:14 PM »
This is not advice but I have been nibbling at this stock here in the mid $50s

Some of my clients still have it…I traded through it but have owned it on and off over the years. I personally don’t own it right now but if it gets cheap enough I may take an interest.

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 781
  • -Received: 464
« Reply #157 on: January 31, 2022, 01:44:52 PM »
I got Netflix for free from T-Mobile.  They are hogging up a lot of A-list Korean drama titles.  Hard for companies like Viki to compete.

Apple TV is getting the latest Lee Min-Ho drama https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachinko_(TV_series)

I watched "Foundation" on Apple TV and really liked the quality of the show.  Many Netflix produced shows cost more but the quality was meh.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #158 on: January 31, 2022, 01:47:24 PM »
I got Netflix for free from T-Mobile.  They are hogging up a lot of A-list Korean drama titles.  Hard for companies like Viki to compete.

Apple TV is getting the latest Lee Min-Ho drama https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachinko_(TV_series)

I watched "Foundation" on Apple TV and really liked the quality of the show.  Many Netflix produced shows cost more but the quality was meh.

I have a different opinion about apple tv exclusive shows/movies. Tbh I only liked the Tom Hanks war movie. The other shows/movies do not appeal to me.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2022, 03:45:54 PM »
Maybe with Covid or Covid vaccines, we are getting Internet beamed directly to our heads via 5G.

I did like Foundation... and See is actually okay too. Ted Lasso is supposed to be really good.

The more the merrier... but Ozark on Netflix is fantastic.
I recommend:

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 793
  • -Received: 502
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2022, 04:06:15 PM »

What is it about Ozark that you find so appealing?  I watched the first episode... It didn't hook me in.  And I watched the most recent trailer and it still didn't really excite me. 

I guess what I didn't like in the first episode was how implausible a lot of the decision making was.  For me, character motivations have to make sense or it's hard for me to get into the story.

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1115
  • -Received: 1276
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2022, 05:32:55 PM »
+1 for Ozark. If episode 1 isn't a grabber for you just give it time.

Apple+ doesn't have enough original content to keep things going. They have plenty of cash to deploy but do they want to become a film studio? Some good shows so far, but also some real duds. Amazon Prime also has $$$ plus a vast library of content to resell. They should be one of the last few standing as a content provider in the next 5 years. Paramount+ has content, but really only 3 tentpole shows (Yellowstone, 1883, and Star Trek). Disney+ is likely to absorb Hulu into the Mouse's Hive Mind soon, so don't look surprised to hear they've gone by the wayside. Netflix has US and overseas markets cornered, and with a great number of productions going on now, they will have the legs to avoid implosion. Most of the news about Netflix is stock related which is why we hear so much about the service here.

My call to check back on 5 years from now>:

Survivors: The big 3 - Amazon, Disney+, Netflix
Bubbles: Apple+, Paramount+
Life Support: Hulu, AMC+, etc.
Dead on Arrival? - Know anyone willing to pay for CNN+? Anyone... Bueller... Bueller... Anyone....

My .02c

My .02c

SGIP

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2022, 07:31:37 PM »

What is it about Ozark that you find so appealing?  I watched the first episode... It didn't hook me in.  And I watched the most recent trailer and it still didn't really excite me. 

I guess what I didn't like in the first episode was how implausible a lot of the decision making was.  For me, character motivations have to make sense or it's hard for me to get into the story.

Yeah... Ozark isn't for everyone, and sometimes it takes more than one or a few episodes. I think it's the whole "what you would do for family" that hooks me.

Like Game of Thrones, it took me a while and couldn't really get past the first few eps, but once I watched it with other people, it started to click with all the political machinations etc.

Same thing with Breaking Bad... didn't get into it until way after it was over... I actually think Better Call Saul is superior because the storylines have more dimensions.

The Sopranos... never got it.

I think The Expanse is awesome... slow... but really good... but I get why people don't think so.

So it just depends.

I recommend:

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 85
  • -Received: 520
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2022, 08:36:58 AM »
I picked up nflx when it was @ 360.  Lucky so far.
sometimes stuff gets oversold....but I tend to hold too long.

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 793
  • -Received: 502
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2022, 11:31:28 AM »

Yeah... Ozark isn't for everyone, and sometimes it takes more than one or a few episodes. I think it's the whole "what you would do for family" that hooks me.

Like Game of Thrones, it took me a while and couldn't really get past the first few eps, but once I watched it with other people, it started to click with all the political machinations etc.

Same thing with Breaking Bad... didn't get into it until way after it was over... I actually think Better Call Saul is superior because the storylines have more dimensions.

The Sopranos... never got it.

I think The Expanse is awesome... slow... but really good... but I get why people don't think so.

So it just depends.

The first few seasons of Game of Thrones mirrored the novels pretty closely, which is why they took a few episodes to really set the groundwork for the later more exciting episodes.  Each of the novels is about 1,000 pages long and the first 200-300 pages are the same way - kind of slow to start, but then they really pick up.

Better Call Saul started pretty slowly, and the whole brother's electricity allergy I thought was bizarre, but it started to hit its stride in seasons 3-4.  I do like seeing the origin stories for a lot of the Breaking Bad characters and their motivations do totally make sense once you see how they got to where they are.  I don't know if I would classify it as better than Breaking Bad yet, but it has that potential.

The Sopranos gets credit as kicking off this whole high-quality drama on TV trend that has dominated the last 20 years.  Many people feel like television is superior to the movies now, but prior to the early 2000's that was not the case.  I agree that by today's standards the Sopranos isn't quite as amazing, since we've had so many amazing shows since then, but it gets credit as being the Godfather of modern television.  (See what I did there?)

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures by Bullsback
[Yesterday at 09:44:57 PM]

Re: COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures by Bullsback
[Yesterday at 09:44:11 PM]

Where can I find homes with the concept of an ADU in Irvine? by Irvine2020
[Yesterday at 08:35:04 PM]

Re: Dow? by Compressed-Village