General > Health & Fitness

Covid conspiracies

(1/4) > >>

eyephone:
Covid conspiracy theories fuel unrest in Europe

As public backlash to reimposed Covid-19 restrictions in Austria and the Netherlands intensify, so too has the spread of misinformation.

With infection rates rising and government restrictions returning, misinformation and conspiracy theories are flourishing once again across Europe, fuelling protests and political backlash.

The driving fear among anti-vaxxers is generally focused on government abuse of power. New research carried out in Austria indicates that low trust in vaccines is strongly linked with low trust in authority overall.

But that mistrust is increasingly being co-opted by the far-right through an adoption of baseless theories that vaccines are deadly or part of a sinister global plot, which social media has exacerbated by playing to negativity biases around public health messages.

In the face of governments clamping down to curb the virus, thousands have taken to the streets to demonstrate against Covid restrictions in Austria, Netherlands, Italy, Croatia and Switzerland.

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/covid-conspiracy-theories-fuel-unrest-in-europe-52180

Last week, the World Health Organization described the challenge faced by Europe as “very serious,” with almost 4,200 deaths a day recorded compared to 2,100 a day back in September.

CalBears96:
These morons rather die than trust doctors and scientists, listening to conspiracy theories that it's government abuse of power.

eyephone:
Business Insider: Fox News CEO refuses to comment on Tucker Carlson's anti-vaccine rhetoric: 'I am loyal first'

Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott granted a rare interview to The Hollywood Reporter and refused to weigh in on her most-viewed host's anti-vaccine rhetoric.

Scott, who said she's vaccinated, touted Fox PSAs for the vaccine and personal testimony of several anchors who've shared their experience getting the jab.

Yet when it came to whether Carlson's rhetoric alarms her, she drew an iron curtain and presented a united front.

"I have a regular cadence of conversations with a wide variety of talent here, including our primetime talent," she told THR. "I will never discuss those conversations. That's not who I am. I am loyal first. I am loyal to everyone on the team, whether they are someone on the news side or the opinion side. To me, they are all people who work for Fox News Media, and I respect the privacy of those conversations."

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-ceo-suzanne-scott-tucker-carlson-anti-vaccine-comment-2021-10

My comment: I did not know that. The CEO of Fox News is vaccinated. (head scratcher)

morekaos:

--- Quote from: eyephone on December 03, 2021, 12:31:41 PM ---

My comment: I did not know that. The CEO of Fox News is vaccinated. (head scratcher)

--- End quote ---

Because she CHOSE to be.

eyephone:

--- Quote from: morekaos on December 03, 2021, 12:34:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: eyephone on December 03, 2021, 12:31:41 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Because she CHOSE to be.

--- End quote ---

You forgot it is a company requirement of Fox News. (Egg before the chicken)
Gottem

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version