Author Topic: Proof of the Conservative's Mythical Sky God  (Read 1724 times)

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 536
  • -Received: 505
Re: Proof of the Conservative's Mythical Sky God
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2021, 06:29:41 PM »
If you want to approach this from a scientific standard you must open your mind to the cogent arguments made by intelligent design proponents. They make a convincing case...

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 176
  • -Received: 277
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2021, 11:53:38 PM »
Kenkoko -  I'm a committed Christian, but... dang... that's a funny line! I'm going to steal it if you don't mind.

Glad you found it funny ;)

Offline Mety

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 211
  • -Received: 268
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2021, 09:04:01 AM »
GenericIrvineResident,

I think the issue you have is that you think of the Bible as some kind of a restriction of humans to not enjoy their lives. It's actually the opposite. God gave you the Bible so you can know what's right and wrong so that you have your free will to choose the right. Also so that you can read of His forgiveness over people's so much mess ups. You are absolutely free to enjoy His creations. God made them for you to enjoy as clearly stated in the Bible. I hope you're not getting confused with people who are abusing the Bible in their own favor like some politicians or scientists or even pastors.

Also even though the Bible was written couple thousand years ago, its moral laws and lessons are still something we can definitely hold value in 2021. Just look at the Ten Commandments for example. Believing the only God, loving others, honoring parents, not stealing, not cheating... do these sounds like old ancient laws that do not apply today anymore?

I do agree with you that some politicians and even pastors are either misinterpreting or intentionally abusing God's Bible to try to achieve their own success, but you can keep ignoring those people since they're not Christian at all. Once you clearly see the Bible, it's actually really easy to understand and not as burdensome as some people mis-represent. In fact, Jesus addressed the exact same issue against religious leaders at the time as well. Very similar to today's.

Offline StarmanMBA

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 94
  • -Received: 41
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2021, 11:55:22 AM »
Kenkoko -  I'm a committed Christian, but... dang... that's a funny line! I'm going to steal it if you don't mind.

No, you're not very committed if you think his smartass mockery of Christians is funny.

The pretense of atheists demanding "proof" is specious, fatuous, disingenuous and ignorant.

1.  Science doesn't do proofs.
2.  "Nothing is known for certain except in pure mathematics." - Carl Sagan
3.  Scores of books have been written providing a dearth of  convincing evidence of Nature's God, named in our Declaration of Independence.
4. "In God We Trust" is America's motto.  Deal with it, godless Leftists.

The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell is the finest book I have read providing 900+ pages of thoroughly documented evidence these charlatans pretend to seek and want.  I took copious notes of it and can forward them to anyone of good will.
"There are only two kinds of people, decent and indecent." - Elie Wiesel

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 01:29:58 pm »
qwerty
Hey StarmanMBA - go fuck yourself :-)

The following members thanked this post;
Burn That Belly, id_rather_be_racing, misme, eyephone, fortune11, spootieho, CompressedVillage

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 176
  • -Received: 277
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2021, 07:07:54 PM »
Just saw this New York Times article

News: Evidence is mounting that a tiny subatomic particle is being influenced by forms of matter and energy that are not yet known to science but which may nevertheless affect the nature and evolution of the universe.

"Experiments with particles known as muons suggest that there are forms of matter and energy vital to the nature and evolution of the cosmos that are not yet known to science."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/07/science/particle-physics-muon-fermilab-brookhaven.html

Maybe The Force has always been with us?  >:D

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal