San Marino Homes

ak

Does anyone know why the San Marino homes were built without a 2nd bathroom upstairs?  This won't work with many families that have 2 kids and have to share just one bathroom.  For homes priced at over $1MM, this seems to be a big design flaw.  Does anyone agree?

That's the problem....it only has the master bath and just one secondary bath upstairs.  If you have 2 kids (especially a boy and a girl) sharing this one secondary bathroom would be a problem.  Can't see a teenage girl wanting to share a bathroom with her messy brother.  Most all new homes that are at this price point (over $1MM) have at least 3 bathrooms upstairs (master bath and 2 secondary bathrooms). 

DH and I brought this up to the sales rep when we visited a few weeks ago.  She said she is getting this complaint a lot.  She used the word complaint!!!  Also, she said that the team is considering a redesign in future phases.  We also told her we thought there was a lot of wasted space upstairs like huge laundry rooms that a second bathroom made more sense!

shadax said:
test said:
Augusta offers two secondary baths upstairs, and with a 3CWG, and for less than $1MM.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=1173.msg21410#msg21410

So when the heck are the models opening?  and what is the actual base price for each plan? and what is the exact HOA/mello?

According to the press release, mid June.

William Lyon Homes Gearing Up for the Model Grand Opening of Augusta in Tustin

TUSTIN, CA--(Marketwire - May 19, 2011) - William Lyon Homes is putting the finishing touches on the professionally decorated models for Augusta, their brand new neighborhood coming soon to the heart of Orange County with home prices anticipated from the high $600,000s. This highly anticipated event is slated for mid June and now is the best time to register your interest for Augusta, which will debut innovative single-family designs of superb value at Columbus Square within the Villages of Columbus. Do not wait another minute and visit www.LyonAugusta.com to get on the inside track and be among the first to learn about lot-specific pricing, events and phase openings.

"As the beautiful model homes near completion, there is growing excitement surrounding the upcoming unveiling of Augusta within a well established community," said Lesley Pennington, Director of Sales for William Lyon Homes. "Augusta's distinctive floorplans will reveal flexible lofts, gourmet kitchens and convenient first-level master bedrooms in select plans, as well as spacious private courtyards -- open living areas today's homebuyers are looking for. From top to bottom and room to room, buyers are destined to be impressed with the interior elegance and outdoor spaces this new Tustin address will soon unveil."

"Southern Californians who appreciate a great location will also find Augusta the perfect backdrop for convenient, vibrant living within the Villages of Columbus. An abundance of private amenities and parks will let families picnic, swim and play ball within their own community, while close proximity to favorite destinations and access to top Tustin schools make Augusta a great choice for family-oriented buyers who want to plan for their futures with confidence," Pennington added.

Set amidst tree-lined streets and the established backdrop of the Villages of Columbus, Augusta will introduce spacious two-story single-family homes, with three to five bedrooms and 2.5 to 4.5 bathrooms in approximately 2,587 to 3,008 square feet; two to three-car garages will also be included. Private center courtyards will give residents the opportunity to enjoy casual outdoor living in this picturesque setting. Charming Colonial, Georgian, Spanish and French architectural styles will grace the exteriors.

Exclusive recreation will delight every family member at Augusta. The Village Conservatory is a private Georgian-style clubhouse with approximately 5,200 square feet of amenities, including a Junior Olympic saline swimming pool, wading pool, spa, tot lot, Wi-Fi hot spots and more. Four parks situated throughout Columbus Square offer half-court basketball, open play turf, a tot lot, as well as barbecue and picnic areas.

The neighborhood's central Columbus Square location will offer residents easy accessibility to The Market Place and The District, which offer numerous shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Augusta will also be just minutes from the Metrolink station, major freeways and John Wayne Airport.

It matters who your builder is, and William Lyon Homes means it when they say that they put themselves into their homes. They build each and every home as if it were their own and have earned a solid track record for constructing homes throughout the West since 1954. Learn more by visiting the newly launched website at www.lyonhomes.com, where online guests can easily access exciting information on William Lyon Homes' brand new neighborhoods for sale.

Augusta will soon redefine 'living better' for less in a coveted OC community and now is a great time to learn more by visiting www.LyonAugusta.com.

test said:
shadax said:
test said:
Augusta offers two secondary baths upstairs, and with a 3CWG, and for less than $1MM.

So when the heck are the models opening?  and what is the actual base price for each plan? and what is the exact HOA/mello?

According to the press release, mid June.

William Lyon Homes Gearing Up for the Model Grand Opening of Augusta in Tustin

TUSTIN, CA--(Marketwire - May 19, 2011) - William Lyon Homes is putting the finishing touches on the professionally decorated models for Augusta, their brand new neighborhood coming soon to the heart of Orange County with home prices anticipated from the high $600,000s. This highly anticipated event is slated for mid June and now is the best time to register your interest for Augusta, which will debut innovative single-family designs of superb value at Columbus Square within the Villages of Columbus. Do not wait another minute and visit www.LyonAugusta.com to get on the inside track and be among the first to learn about lot-specific pricing, events and phase openings.

"As the beautiful model homes near completion, there is growing excitement surrounding the upcoming unveiling of Augusta within a well established community," said Lesley Pennington, Director of Sales for William Lyon Homes. "Augusta's distinctive floorplans will reveal flexible lofts, gourmet kitchens and convenient first-level master bedrooms in select plans, as well as spacious private courtyards -- open living areas today's homebuyers are looking for. From top to bottom and room to room, buyers are destined to be impressed with the interior elegance and outdoor spaces this new Tustin address will soon unveil."

"Southern Californians who appreciate a great location will also find Augusta the perfect backdrop for convenient, vibrant living within the Villages of Columbus. An abundance of private amenities and parks will let families picnic, swim and play ball within their own community, while close proximity to favorite destinations and access to top Tustin schools make Augusta a great choice for family-oriented buyers who want to plan for their futures with confidence," Pennington added.

Set amidst tree-lined streets and the established backdrop of the Villages of Columbus, Augusta will introduce spacious two-story single-family homes, with three to five bedrooms and 2.5 to 4.5 bathrooms in approximately 2,587 to 3,008 square feet; two to three-car garages will also be included. Private center courtyards will give residents the opportunity to enjoy casual outdoor living in this picturesque setting. Charming Colonial, Georgian, Spanish and French architectural styles will grace the exteriors.

Exclusive recreation will delight every family member at Augusta. The Village Conservatory is a private Georgian-style clubhouse with approximately 5,200 square feet of amenities, including a Junior Olympic saline swimming pool, wading pool, spa, tot lot, Wi-Fi hot spots and more. Four parks situated throughout Columbus Square offer half-court basketball, open play turf, a tot lot, as well as barbecue and picnic areas.

The neighborhood's central Columbus Square location will offer residents easy accessibility to The Market Place and The District, which offer numerous shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Augusta will also be just minutes from the Metrolink station, major freeways and John Wayne Airport.

It matters who your builder is, and William Lyon Homes means it when they say that they put themselves into their homes. They build each and every home as if it were their own and have earned a solid track record for constructing homes throughout the West since 1954. Learn more by visiting the newly launched website at www.lyonhomes.com, where online guests can easily access exciting information on William Lyon Homes' brand new neighborhoods for sale.

Augusta will soon redefine 'living better' for less in a coveted OC community and now is a great time to learn more by visiting www.LyonAugusta.com.

Press release...pshaw.  where's the insider knowledge?

It's called college and dorm prep.  I grew up with a single bathroom for me and my sister, it was competition in the morning to see who got up first.  You deal with it.  Far less of an issue for me once I got to college and had to share a singular bathroom with 4 other roomates, whom were far messier and than I.  At least it wasn't a communal bathroom for the whole floor. 

For 1M+ I do agree that a 2nd bathroom would be nice, but as long as there's another full bathroom (downstairs), then I'm okay with it.  I look it at as one less bathroom to clean.

shokunin said:
It's called college and dorm prep.  I grew up with a single bathroom for me and my sister, it was competition in the morning to see who got up first.  You deal with it.  Far less of an issue for me once I got to college and had to share a singular bathroom with 4 other roomates, whom were far messier and than I.  At least it wasn't a communal bathroom for the whole floor. 

For 1M+ I do agree that a 2nd bathroom would be nice, but as long as there's another full bathroom (downstairs), then I'm okay with it.  I look it at as one less bathroom to clean.

Good point. 

I actually agree that a $1m+ should have at least 2 other upstairs bathrooms (other than the master) and 1.5 downstairs.

While I do think having the upstairs with the double sink and door separated toilet/bath is workable for younger kids and can be used for older kids to do the 3s in isolation... a teen girl needs her own bathroom.

For any home priced above $1MM, 2 secondary bathrooms should be standard.  If you're talking about condos/townhomes or those SFR's priced around $500K to $650K, then 1 secondary bathroom upstairs would be acceptable.  I really can't think of any homes built recently (year 2000 and after) priced at above $1MM that does not have 2 secondary bathrooms upstairs. 

I think this is a design flaw with both the San Marino and the LA homes that needs to be fixed.  This is probably why these homes are not selling as well as the Carmel I/II homes which sold like hotcakes.  I've personally polled a lot of friends and co-workers on this and none of them would consider buying a home priced at above $1MM with only 1 secondary bathroom upstairs.

shadax said:
test said:

ehezpc.jpg

Did someone on this forum say that TIC/IPac was going to change the floorplans for upcoming new phases at San Marino?

We were told by the sales rep that they are receiving so much feedback (specifically about the fact that there is only one secondary bathroom upstairs) and that the builder is considering this for futue phases.

We stopped by the last week to check out the sales progress, I believe they are in Phase 4 release. 

On the price sheet there was only 1 plan 1 available, four plan 2's and like six plan 3's for sale.  Base price has dropped $18K on Plan 1's, 30K on Plan 2's and $48K on Plan 3 since the original phase 1 pricing.  Many of homes are near Trabuco, which is quite noisy in my opinion.

27 Rolling green was $1,155,182 during Phase One, and is currently being offered at $1,088,841, that's 66K drop in 6 weeks.  I suspect similar price drops on Cortona and Toscana in the coming weeks.  At the current San Marino pricing, Toscana is nearly $125-$150K more expensive, $1K more in mello roos, and $140/mo more in HOA and smaller 4410 sq ft lots.

Back