Nest Thermostat

potsticker

Anyone have these installed in their homes? What are your thoughts and would you recommend?

I'm in a newer home by Irvine Pacific which has two Carrier thermostats (one upstairs, one down). Has anyone successfully replaced the Carrier's with Nest? Is it compatible for two-zone systems?

I replace our basic thermostats with Nest Learning thermostats and it works fine. Each thermostat controls a AC unit and a furnace for upstairs and downstairs.

The app is good but it now requires a Google account, they merged the Nest services to be part of Google Home. I disabled the learning feature which is supposed to use "AI" to set the right temperature because it was wonky. A few times the Nest service was unresponsive so I was not able to access the thermostat through the app, you could still change the temperature on the device.

If your thermostats are already wifi enabled I don't think switching is worth the cost. I previously had an Ecobee thermostat and two Carrier Cor Wifi thermostat in previous homes and in each case they were doing the job.

You can check compatibility here:https://nest.com/works/.There should not be any problem in recent homes and the install is easy.

Back