Author Topic: COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures  (Read 28826 times)

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 407
  • -Received: 393
Re: COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2022, 02:47:39 PM »
if you are a foodie, especially Asian, Irvine is much better in terms of restaurant selections.

Costco where I am I can literally walk in for tire rotation without waiting. Costcos in Irvine are still quite packed…
Looks like you live in a paradise and you don't want to share the name of that paradise  :)
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 55
  • -Received: 80
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2022, 02:29:53 PM »
La Sirena Grill in the Orchard Hills shopping center closed. I’m sad, really liked their fish tacos, enchiladas, and chips and guacamole. Covid really took a toll on their business and I noticed they never really recovered even after everything opened back up.

Owner wants to focus more on their Docent Brewing down in SJC.

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 407
  • -Received: 393
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2022, 06:34:41 PM »
No kidding. more than half pumps are empty even on a Friday evening

The Costco gas station at Tustin ranch is empty. No lines. I thought it was going to cause all sorts of traffic spilling onto el Camino real.

Driven by multiple times and never a line
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 147
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2022, 04:48:54 PM »
Stopped by Tustin Ranch Costco today at 3pm to fill up gas. Barely any cars. Must be because of the long weekend, but it worked out well for me.  ;D

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2944
  • -Received: 2297
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2022, 04:52:25 PM »
Panera Bread at the Marketplace closed, just noticed it today when I went to Rite Aid to get some ice cream.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline best_potsticker_in_town

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 120
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2022, 08:26:08 PM »
Stopped by Tustin Ranch Costco today at 3pm to fill up gas. Barely any cars. Must be because of the long weekend, but it worked out well for me.  ;D

I passed by Costco at the District and the gas line also looked a bit shorter. Not spilling out onto the road like usual.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2022, 09:37:05 PM »

I passed by Costco at the District and the gas line also looked a bit shorter. Not spilling out onto the road like usual.

I noticed that too on Friday mid day when I went to go get In N Out.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 226
  • -Received: 841
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2022, 09:38:14 PM »
Went Saturday morning and drove right to the pump.  Enjoy it while it lasts

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2022, 09:41:23 PM »
Went Saturday morning and drove right to the pump.  Enjoy it while it lasts

As long as it stays like that until I get my Taycan, I'll be happy.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline HMart

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 262
  • -Received: 85
« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2022, 12:48:26 AM »
Premium is down to 5.99/gal at Sam's Club in Fountain Valley. Went there for some business shopping (item not found at Costco) and didn't get gas, but saw a small line there about 2-3 cars deep.

Offline OCtoSV

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 89
« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2022, 08:24:57 AM »
Premium is down to 5.99/gal at Sam's Club in Fountain Valley. Went there for some business shopping (item not found at Costco) and didn't get gas, but saw a small line there about 2-3 cars deep.

It's going to get much much worse unless we make peace with Vlad. He holds all the cards. Get ready for $15/gal and your electricity bill doubling/tripling:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-01/jpmorgan-sees-stratospheric-380-oil-on-worst-case-russian-cut

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 147
« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2022, 12:14:41 PM »

It's going to get much much worse unless we make peace with Vlad. He holds all the cards. Get ready for $15/gal and your electricity bill doubling/tripling:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-01/jpmorgan-sees-stratospheric-380-oil-on-worst-case-russian-cut

Not gonna happen. You actually think we're going to see $15/gal with recession on the way?

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2022, 03:12:43 PM »

Not gonna happen. You actually think we're going to see $15/gal with recession on the way?

Agreed, it’s called demand destruction. 
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline OCtoSV

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 89
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2022, 08:05:47 AM »

Agreed, it’s called demand destruction.
You guys are looking at current geopolitical conditions through the view that you WANT to see, but not what the facts support. Did you even read the article to see what Vlad taking 5M barrels/day off the market would do? Vlad is playing a very long game and woke up today with Biden in disarray and Boris out, exactly the turmoil he was looking to sow backed up by his control of the energy and food sectors. And Powell will be forced to raise the FF rate to 9% to quash inflation.

All of us have made our fortunes in a 40 year declining interest rate environment. None of us (except maybe R2D) have experienced the economic dislocation of the early 80s. We are going to see major pain - show me a geopolitical thesis where fighting inflation and Vlad does not end up with pain across all asset classes and employment.

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 269
« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2022, 08:30:45 AM »
But will Putin do that? Anyone's guess.

Will Powell raise rates like that? Gas here has dropped 64 cents from 5.49 to 4.85, (over 11.5%). Cali not so much but u get ripped off on everything. The rest of us r getting a good drop, and the rise in gas tax was not that much for ya all. When is the last time gas dropped before a major holiday? Look at the price of oil and gas co stocks. I'm in no hurry to fill up my tank.

Newsom did suspend the diesel tax. That alone is going to help shipping costs as all the truckers loading up in Cali have to pay that to be on their way.

London Broil is under $2 a pound here. When is the last time we've seen a price like that, even in AZ? Years. Meat guy told me they have a ton of it. Waiting for buck a dozen eggs (in AZ, we might see it even lower) and low priced chicken again to stock up on those. Look at wheat futures. Completely gave up the entire gain since Ukraine and do we have more supply? No, just lower prices.

And then there is houses. USC can tell us if traffic is up with rates down. Seasonally it's a slowdown in most years because it's too late to get thru escrow and the kids in school, but I don't really see prices going up. Builders don't like to lower prices, but the fact of the matter is their supply costs are going down. Lumber, copper, etc. They can maintain their current base prices and reduce their prices thru negotiation of upgrades and still make money. Next home developments magically have a lower price per sq foot to start with.

When I look at the breakdown in bond yields and oil, it makes me think somehow inflation is slain.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 11:25:03 AM by Ready2Downsize »

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Sign IRS 4506 and lose mortgage? Window of 3.... by Squashpro19
[Today at 09:03:16 AM]

Re: Colleges Weigh New Admissions Strategies by nosuchreality
[Today at 08:44:35 AM]

Re: INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND by nosuchreality
[Today at 08:40:40 AM]