Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 481259 times)

akula1488, CalBears96 and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online CalBears96

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 35
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #4635 on: October 25, 2021, 01:08:30 PM »
Too bad Florida's numbers are just as trustworthy as China's numbers. Even with the under-count, Florida is still higher than California. Who would have thought that vaccination helps?

And why would California's numbers be any more reliable?...they aren't. 

Because it is a FACT that California's numbers are a lot more reliable than Florida's numbers.

Actually, that's an opinion. Got some studies you can cite to back up that assertion or do you just wish it to be true?...In my opinion, its probably the latter.

I rely on facts while you rely on misinformation. That's all there is to it.

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 591
  • -Received: 526
« Reply #4636 on: October 25, 2021, 01:15:45 PM »
Wonderful...please post some of those facts so we can all learn from your opinions.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 497
  • -Received: 778
California lowest statewide transmission rate
« Reply #4637 on: October 25, 2021, 01:27:48 PM »
Abc News:

As of Friday evening, California had an infection rate of 61.1 cases per 100,000 over the past week, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The state was briefly the only to be classified with a "moderate" rate of transmission -- 10 to 49.99 cases per 100,000 over seven days -- before it went back up to "substantial," meaning 50 to 99.99 cases per 100,000 over seven days.

With the lowest COVID-19 infection rate among all states as of Friday, California, which has some of the strictest mask and vaccination mandates in the country, has managed to flip the script as the former U.S. epicenter of the pandemic.

"They've been very much forward-thinking in terms of policies around vaccination requirements and mandates," said epidemiologist Dr. John Brownstein, chief innovation officer at Boston Children's Hospital and an ABC News contributor.

In addition to strict vaccine mandates, California has been unwavering on face-coverings, testing and social distancing policies.

"While California has administered more vaccines than any other state, we have more work to do," the California Department of Public Health said in a statement to ABC News.

More than 70% of California's population has received at least one dose of vaccine, according to the CDC, and the state also leads in total vaccinations administered, roughly 53 million doses. As of Friday, the national average rate was 66.2%.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/california-epicenter-us-pandemic-lowest-statewide-transmission-rate/story?id=80661265

Will Faux news report this? Probably not

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2667
  • -Received: 4020
  • 3CWG
« Reply #4638 on: October 25, 2021, 01:45:33 PM »
Wait... morekaos said everywhere he goes in California is no masks... he can't be wrong.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #4639 on: October 25, 2021, 02:01:13 PM »
Wait... morekaos said everywhere he goes in California is no masks... he can't be wrong.

Get outside your bubble..thats true but no one wants to point it out for fear of "shaming"...Was just up north in San Jose for a sports Tournament and attended both high school and college games...everybody wore masks in but shed them imediatly...same in the bars and restaurants and hotels...all for show, then off they came.  Heck I ate bag of potato chips one at a time, very slowly on my flight and never put on my mask...It is why Florida's numbers are just as good or better than ours without a mandate.

As Cases Plummet In Florida, New Data Show Forcibly Masking Kids Made No Difference

New data coming out of Florida school districts show virtually zero difference between masked vs. unmasked counties, even as Covid-19 cases plummet across the state.

Leftists hellbent on forcibly masking every child in schools across the country never had any solid data to back up their position, only emotional pleas and scare tactics. In truth, however, this virus has never posed any statistical risk to children, nor were they a significant transmitter to adults. And besides, if teachers were vaccinated, what were they worried about?

While many districts refused to implement mask mandates in their schools, others stubbornly insisted upon them, even defying an order from Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to allow parental exemptions. We were assured that the masked counties would fare far better than the 'Wild West' unmasked ones, where the bodies of schoolchildren would presumably be stacked in the streets, or something.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/scottmorefield/2021/10/06/as-cases-plummet-in-florida-new-data-show-forcibly-masking-kids-made-no-difference-n2597079

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 151
  • -Received: 555
« Reply #4640 on: October 25, 2021, 02:10:09 PM »
You all realize Miami Dade county is 75% fully  vaccinated. Broward County is 63% fully vaccinated.

Orange County for comparison is 64.4% fully vaccinated.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #4641 on: October 25, 2021, 02:12:17 PM »
@morekaos:

And there you go, on cue... Facebook-style misinformation stir the pot get the views post.

Did you even read eyephone's ABC News post? And your post is just another op-ed... find some real news articles and maybe we can talk... otherwise... continue your lies.
I recommend:

Online CalBears96

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #4642 on: October 25, 2021, 02:48:53 PM »
@morekaos:

And there you go, on cue... Facebook-style misinformation stir the pot get the views post.

Did you even read eyephone's ABC News post? And your post is just another op-ed... find some real news articles and maybe we can talk... otherwise... continue your lies.

As I said, morekaos relies on sources of misinformation. He usually posts op-ed and calls it source of information.

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 151
  • -Received: 555
« Reply #4643 on: October 25, 2021, 03:31:29 PM »
When we look around the county at activities, we see a wide variety of behavior.  We filter with our own confirmation bias on how much we see masks or no masks.

In the day activities that I do, grocery store, home despot, pharmacy, casual restaurant, etc.  I see anywhere from 50% masks to 90%+ masks.  Some days everybody in the bagel shop will have a mask on that is coming in.  Other days, it's lucky if it's half.

Sadly, the big swingers for that are the Deputies and Police that show up which invariably are not masking.

The grocery store is almost always over 75% masks if not higher.  Most other stores the same.

For fast causal restaurants, those that stay and eat, immediately unmask.  Those that take and go, mask the whole time.  Don't recall anyone not masking and getting to go.

For outdoor events, beach, park, hiking trails, lake, virtually zero mask at activity.  Again, 50-75% mask though as people get up to go somewhere such as the restroom, or the snack stand, etc.

As for concert, sporting event, etc.  I would expect near zero masks.  While it seems like an oxymoron, this is survivorship bias to the T.  Masking people are not going to go to a large gathering.  You've already eliminated people concerned about spread without masks or with vaccine before they show up.  Even then, sitting in a outdoor stadium, you're really only exposed to the 20ish people immediately around you.  Everyone else, ironically noted as wearing their masks until they get to their seats, it's passing person on the street. 

I will often wear a mask when going into a restaurant to order, the people working are all wearing masks, it's a courtesy on my part.  I'm barking away over the crowd noise to place my order.  Afterwards, we prefer sitting outside.  When I go back in, I make prejudicial value judgement walking up to the door based on crowd size inside, looks of people inside, what I heard the first time I was in and any glaringly obvious political apparel. 

If everybody's chill, I don't bother, I walk in, over to the beverage machine and refill my drink and walk back out the door.  Any dumbassery I on goes the mask.

Saturday night I picked up a to go order from a Marketplace restaurant.  The restaurants had a okay crowd.  Looking through the windows walking up they weren't empty, but for going 7PM on a Saturday night, there was no line.  At any of them.  The outdoor patios that used to be full were all empty.

So while no one had a mask on in the restaurant, to me, there seemed to be a 45 minute line or more of people missing.

So yea, survivorship bias. Those going don't mask.  Those not going, you don't see until you do.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #4644 on: October 25, 2021, 05:36:53 PM »
@nsr:

Exactly... morekaos goes to places who don't take Covid seriously or don't like to be told what to do... is it any wonder his whole family got Covid vax'd or not? That just proves why Covid is still going be around even with vaccinations and why they aren't as preventative as we would hope because... in morekaos' words:

people are gonna people
I recommend:

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #4645 on: October 25, 2021, 05:54:07 PM »
And it bolsters the point that vaccines really don’t work that well…virus gonna virus.

Online CalBears96

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #4646 on: October 25, 2021, 06:05:26 PM »
And it bolsters the point that vaccines really don’t work that well…virus gonna virus.

So you don't understand logic.

States/counties with high vaccination rates have fewer COVID cases. States/counties with low vaccination rates have more COVID cases.

morekaos conclusion: vaccines really don't work that well.

No wonder you're a Trump supporter.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Online CalBears96

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #4647 on: October 25, 2021, 06:07:58 PM »
@nsr:

Exactly... morekaos goes to places who don't take Covid seriously or don't like to be told what to do... is it any wonder his whole family got Covid vax'd or not? That just proves why Covid is still going be around even with vaccinations and why they aren't as preventative as we would hope because... in morekaos' words:

people are gonna people

He got COVID vaxxed....the natural way. And got natural immunity.

So his recommendation to the un-vaxxed: Intentionally catching COVID will prevent catching COVID better than getting vaccine.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #4648 on: October 25, 2021, 06:19:25 PM »
We are all going to get this, sooner or later. I’m just glad we got it over with. Listen to Shaq…have fun!

Online CalBears96

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #4649 on: October 25, 2021, 06:38:10 PM »
We are all going to get this, sooner or later. I’m just glad we got it over with. Listen to Shaq…have fun!

You've got some of the most idiotic takes.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: coronavirus by CalBears96
[Today at 01:39:23 PM]

Re: Covid conspiracies by CalBears96
[Today at 01:37:57 PM]

Re: coronavirus by eyephone
[Today at 01:37:11 PM]

Re: coronavirus by Liar Loan