Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 316292 times)

Offline Liar Loan

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 667
  • -Received: 447
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #3930 on: March 19, 2021, 12:03:50 PM »
Why so much hatred toward Irvine?

Getting people to think about the subpar education their kids are receiving is the opposite of hate - it's actually love - and I'm trying to zap the people on this board, Irvine lovers or not, out of the complacent acceptance of their circumstances.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 211
  • -Received: 268
« Reply #3931 on: March 19, 2021, 12:39:27 PM »

Getting people to think about the subpar education their kids are receiving is the opposite of hate - it's actually love - and I'm trying to zap the people on this board, Irvine lovers or not, out of the complacent acceptance of their circumstances.

So you love the *people* by trying to make them think twice about buying/living in Irvine with its whole education drama and whatnot. That still sounds like you hate Irvine, doesn't it? Therefore I'm asking you a question, why so much hatred toward this city?

Or are you saying these things against Irvine because you want the city of Irvine *itself* to change, which may speak of your sincere love for this city?

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 535
  • -Received: 505
« Reply #3932 on: March 19, 2021, 12:55:19 PM »
It's like why I hate so much on California.  I have said many times that as a native Californian....I point out all these faults in the vain hope that things would change and improve.  I'm just screaming in the wind but it is what it is...

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 667
  • -Received: 447
« Reply #3933 on: March 19, 2021, 01:17:51 PM »

So you love the *people* by trying to make them think twice about buying/living in Irvine with its whole education drama and whatnot. That still sounds like you hate Irvine, doesn't it? Therefore I'm asking you a question, why so much hatred toward this city?

Or are you saying these things against Irvine because you want the city of Irvine *itself* to change, which may speak of your sincere love for this city?

I'm Irvine neutral. 

Personally, I wouldn't want to live in modern day Irvine, but I have many connections to the city.  I've attended church there, worked there, met my wife, and taken courses through UCI.  On the other hand, I don't like the over-development of the city or the lack of creative vision.  The OC Great weed patch Park is a perfect example.  After all these years, nobody would say it is a world class facility.  It was supposed to be on par with Balboa Park in San Diego, remember?  Does anybody really think that is going to happen?  You could name several other parks just within the city of Irvine that are better.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 145
  • -Received: 528
« Reply #3934 on: March 19, 2021, 01:32:28 PM »
I think it’s pretty clear the teachers union are just using ventilation, can’t space everyone out to six feet, etc. as a negotiation tactic. My son is in private school and has been since the summer and no outbreaks at his school. There was an admin and teacher who got it but no outbreaks. The teachers/admin are all vaccinated now

I have to imagine the kids will be back in school full time in August for the start of the 21-22 school year. I’m hoping the schools reopen fir full time in April but it seems hybrid is considered being reopened and my older kid has been doing that since the fall. While I prefer a full time reopening in April it seems highly unlikely. We supplement with tutoring but a lot of kids are not as fortunate.

It’s already middle March.  Effectively the real school year is over in six weeks.  Ten weeks and the schools are down for the summer.  Really no point in spinning the kids back into class.  Whatever that is, my kid has been in class since September, just minus all the fluff, filler and Wednesdays.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2640
  • -Received: 3984
  • 3CWG
« Reply #3935 on: March 19, 2021, 03:56:21 PM »
Even in a pandemic thread, LL has to say something about Irvine.

Let it gooooooooooooooooooo!
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 535
  • -Received: 505
« Reply #3936 on: March 24, 2021, 01:27:26 PM »
Nah...turns out they were right...

After 6 months without lockdown, Sweden's COVID-19 deaths, infections bottom out
Open schools, little mask usage, few restrictions have flouted much of the world's response.
After months without lockdowns, school closures and other mitigation measures widely imposed across the world, Sweden's coronavirus cases and deaths have fallen to such minimal levels as to revive the debate over its so-called herd immunity strategy.

Some Swedish officials are far from declaring victory, warning there could be a second wave and that too many elderly died in the country during its comparatively lax pandemic restrictions. The country's population-adjusted death rate, meanwhile, is in the top 10 worldwide, but lower than the rates for Italy, Spain and even New York, where heavy lockdowns prevailed.
And the dramatic drop in new cases and deaths in that country point to a rapidly improving situation there in defiance of many earlier predictions.
The Swedish government has engaged in minimal interventions and imposed relatively few restrictions upon its citizenry for the duration of the pandemic. Yet the so-called "Swedish model" has for months drawn alarm and derision from countless world health authorities. Many have insisted that sweeping, open-ended restrictions on social and economic activity — including lockdowns, strict "social distancing" measures, and mandatory face mask orders — are the only practical methods by which the coronavirus can be halted.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/after-6-months-no-lockdown-swedish-covid-deaths-bottomed-out

Should have followed Sweden....less suffering and better results...

Sweden saw lower increase in deaths during 2020 than most of Europe despite shunning Covid-19 lockdown

Sweden has been in the spotlight after holding out against stay-at-home orders
The country's 7.7% excess in deaths was lower than Spain (18%) or Belgium (16%)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9398127/Sweden-saw-lower-increase-deaths-2020-Europe.html

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2725
  • -Received: 1808
« Reply #3937 on: March 24, 2021, 02:37:20 PM »
Or a more local example, Florida, but yeah Sweden from the get go.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #3938 on: March 30, 2021, 12:19:19 PM »
Such cherry picking.

Why doesn’t morekaos talk about Brazil?

And Florida is ticking back up.

Science and math are not subjective.
I recommend:

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 145
  • -Received: 528
« Reply #3939 on: March 30, 2021, 02:36:47 PM »
Such cherry picking.

Why doesn’t morekaos talk about Brazil?

And Florida is ticking back up.

Science and math are not subjective.

Hawaii, Vermont, Maine.  All require quarantine or proof of negative test for travel.   Hawaii as 2045 cases/100,000 people. Vermont has 2874 and Maine, by far the loosest has 3628/100K

The other end, North Dakota, South Dakota and Utah.   ND at 13,371/100K, SD at 13,124/100K and RI at 12,681. 

In the middle is all the in the middle efforts.

ND and SD 6X plus that of Hawaii.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #3940 on: April 09, 2021, 07:07:04 PM »
Or a more local example, Florida, but yeah Sweden from the get go.

You do realize Sweden has done lockdowns in the last quarter of 2020 and then again this year.

Don't believe everything morekaos posts... he's a bit blind.
I recommend:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Apple New Products by aquabliss
[Today at 02:03:13 AM]

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by USCTrojanCPA
[Today at 12:15:59 AM]

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by USCTrojanCPA
[Today at 12:11:18 AM]

Re: Apple New Products by zovall