Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 269194 times)

Offline iacrenter

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 440
  • -Received: 661
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #3750 on: January 12, 2021, 01:39:47 PM »
IHO,
I'm sorry for your loss. Sending prayers and thoughts to you and your family.

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 952
  • -Received: 1161
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
« Reply #3751 on: January 12, 2021, 01:55:53 PM »
Brutal.

I wish you and your family peace and comfort during this time of grieving.
My .02c

SGIP

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 211
  • -Received: 787
« Reply #3752 on: January 12, 2021, 02:46:36 PM »
So sorry IHO, wish you and family comfort during this difficult time. 

Offline HMart

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 199
  • -Received: 69
« Reply #3753 on: January 12, 2021, 04:56:33 PM »
IHO, sad for your family's loss.

Disneyland to be Orange County’s first large-scale vaccination site

Other of the planned mass vaccine sites have not been named by the county – spokeswoman Molly Nichelson said contracts are still being finalized – but the Voice of OC previously reported they could include the Costa Mesa fairgrounds, the Orange County Great Park in Irvine, Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park and the Soka University campus in Aliso Viejo.

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/01/11/disneyland-to-be-orange-countys-first-large-scale-vaccination-site/

Wonder if they are charging for parking...

Parking is free at Anaheim Stadium for the North Net vaccine site.

Offline Bullsback

• Thanks
  • -Given: 19
  • -Received: 131
« Reply #3754 on: January 13, 2021, 08:41:26 AM »
So my cousin passed away last night. They didn't expect her to make it to last weekend so she held on longer than they thought.

Thanks for your support posts and I hope this doesn't get as close to any of you.
Very sorry to here that. Condolences to you and your family. 

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 210
  • -Received: 260
« Reply #3755 on: January 13, 2021, 09:18:20 AM »
My condolences to you and your family, IHO.

I'm also starting to see people I know getting Covid lately. Thankfully they all recovered, some didn't even have any symptoms, but it still sucks.

I've run couple tests myself. All came out negative, but even if you're negative today, that doesn't guarantee tomorrow. Gotta be careful especially in this weird weather season.

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
« Reply #3756 on: January 13, 2021, 11:19:33 AM »
If you are 65 years or older, get the vaccine when it becomes available. Spread the word and let's end this pandemic.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/12/covid-vaccine-trump-administration-to-expand-eligibility-to-everyone-65-and-older.html

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 472
  • -Received: 745
« Reply #3757 on: January 13, 2021, 11:27:32 AM »
If you are 65 years or older, get the vaccine when it becomes available. Spread the word and let's end this pandemic.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/12/covid-vaccine-trump-administration-to-expand-eligibility-to-everyone-65-and-older.html

It is going to take more than this. Again tell your party members to stop the misinformation/fake news about covid. So people can mask up.

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
« Reply #3758 on: January 13, 2021, 02:07:05 PM »

It is going to take more than this. Again tell your party members to stop the misinformation/fake news about covid. So people can mask up.

Be the change you want to see in this world.

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 145
  • -Received: 514
« Reply #3759 on: January 14, 2021, 03:00:51 PM »
Sadly the CDC has updated their 3 week projections.

The new projection is for an additional 93,000 deaths over the next three weeks.  Daily peak in the 2-4X current daily peak. 

The 3 weeks projection basically has a daily average near the current peak of 4500/day.

In semi-good news, Los Angeles is estimated to have 1 in 3 infected since the beginning which may cause the spread growth to plateau.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2617
  • -Received: 3957
  • 3CWG
« Reply #3760 on: January 14, 2021, 09:43:49 PM »
I went back to read this thread and I really am shocked at how naïve some of these posts were.

Now that we are deep in it and some of us have actually experienced a close death from this virus... should we have locked down? Do you think we could have taken this kind of infection rate and number of deaths starting back in March and just escalating from there?

Now that you have some hindsight, instead of modeling... weren't the scientists and medical professionals right? Do any of you know anyone who works in a hospital? It's crazy there.

Personally, it means my niece is going to grow up without her mom. And why? Because of people who don't take it seriously because they claim no one around them is affected. People who refuse to understand the data. People who don't follow proper safety protocols. People who don't worry because they can afford better care than others.

This is why the US is so bad at containing this thing... elitism, privilege and selfishness. The numbers are staggering, record cases and deaths each day, ICUs are full... may you never have to know the pain others who have lost feel... change your mind now before some type of grief changes it for you. A close family member of mine was like some of you here... to a point where I refused to talk to them about this because they were so ignorant about it. They would post misinformation on Facebook... to a point where their posts got flagged and so they moved to Parler. And when our cousin died, they were still in denial... "Covid doesn't affect kidneys"... but now coming to grips with the incredible loss our niece is going to have to live with... their tune is changing. I hope some of you see the same thing.

Stay safe.

Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #3761 on: January 15, 2021, 10:18:39 AM »
This might be your answer why we are in a bad situation.

Offline HMart

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 199
  • -Received: 69
« Reply #3762 on: January 15, 2021, 12:02:22 PM »
I'm glad that confirming the seriousness of the pandemic is getting less politicized. Even libertarian rag Reason (which is usually the HQ of anti-covid-lockdown stuff) ran a piece critical of Americans' individual actions yesterday.

https://reason.com/2021/01/14/if-carelessness-gave-us-the-current-covid-19-surge-individual-precautions-can-abate-that-trend/

I think this should be the headline every day until hundreds of people a day aren't dying anymore.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #3763 on: January 15, 2021, 12:38:08 PM »
This might be your answer why we are in a bad situation.

I noticed no Republicans on TI want to admit the misinformation by Trump and others contributed to the covid spread.

It is one thing, if they tried and used the tools that they had. (such as distribute mask or subsidized masks, or sell the mask at cost) Then I would say, I think we tried our best to fight it. But that did not happen. They spent there time with the steal, false narratives, and blaming. Instead of being proactive and reactive.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:57:37 PM by eyephone »

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 145
  • -Received: 514
« Reply #3764 on: January 15, 2021, 04:52:33 PM »
I went back to read this thread and I really am shocked at how naïve some of these posts were.

Now that we are deep in it and some of us have actually experienced a close death from this virus... should we have locked down? Do you think we could have taken this kind of infection rate and number of deaths starting back in March and just escalating from there?

I went back and looked through too.  What really struck me is how political the discussion was right out of the gate. The other detail is how much of the problems that convoluted the situation then, still are with us today.

I do wonder if we had gone easier, if we would be in better place.  JIMHO, between botched test protocols and 50,000 foot reactive Government declarations with no follow-up or what comes after plan, we're in a bad spot.  Lack of leadership pure and simple, every state, every locale bucking to do their plan.  Let's shutter vast segments of life with no plan to address when they reopened and how to bridge people through the chaos, or buy groceries, or pay the rent.  And then the panic statements from Government, we all remember Newsom's 25 Million infected by May rationale.  State and Politician behaviors really reinforced partisan lines.

At 400,000 dead, probably another 100,000 in the next month, the ugly is just getting started  Grim as it sounds, what's the over/under on the John Hopkins daily briefing exceeding 500,000 dead on Valentines day? Unfortunately that does seem to be were the bar projection will be next week.

That's with some pretty draconian government actions that, IMHO, where done pretty half assed and ineffectively.  All while maybe what we really just needed was people maintaining distance, masking up, washing up and limiting indoor or crowded exposure.  I really do wonder if we went easy, recommending people dine outside, businesses limit capacity, etc and emphasized strong recommendation for people to mask, wash, distance and reduce exposure to limit the spread if we'd have better compliance.

We done so much, yet we really haven't.  Really.  Half the States, half closing restaurants? 2/3rds of the people in compliant states reliably wearing masks, maybe 1/3rd in the denial States.  How much worse would numbers be if we did nothing?  If half are basically doing nothing, aren't really doing nothing?

Any discussion about the Age skew or comorbidities was immediately gored in the infowar as partisan talking point.   My niece is a 20 healthy college athlete, Covid is much more likely than the flu to kill her and still very improbable.  My mother is the other end of that, some 200X more likely to die than my niece.

Maybe a 65+ bubble would have been better.

Where are we at today?  It could be better, no doubt.  Honestly not sure if we could made it worse by having done less? Not many of us not going to restaurants would be going if they were open.  Those that were going, are going anyway.  Those observing safety protocols would probably be observing them if the weren't required.  Those that aren't maybe would if they didn't have too and felt it was a us versus them thing.

And yes, I still think the flu is a nasty killer.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal