Costco appliances

shadyoc

I read that Costco adds a second year warranty to the purchase of washers and dryers.  Has anyone purchased from them?  I have existing ones upstairs.  Just worried about the removal and delivery of it.  Anytime you move heavy appliances, there is chance of damaging flooring, walls etc esp from the second floor.  Has anyone had a good or bad experience using Costco?  I?m looking at front load washers.  LG or Samsung has generally better reliabilities or about the same?

Also, it states that you must have new connectors and hoses otherwise they won?t use your existing ones?  From people?s experiences, are they pretty strict?  Are they really not going to use your existing ones?  My gas hoses for the dryer are pretty new.

Bad experience recently with their delivery crew on a dishwasher we bought.  First off, all their installers are 3rd party, as with any other large chain store.  There's an online checklist you go through to make sure you're eligible for the installers  to actually install the appliance.  Did that and everything was fine.  But when the guys got there, they refused to install the DW.  The guy pointed out the shutoff valve being inaccessible behind the DW and said he would have to call his boss, then disappeared back to his truck, as if he had never seen a shutoff valve behind a dishwasher before.  I knew right away he was lying.  It was a routine he probably did 15 times a week, and it reeked of the same BS you get when guys at cheesy tire places try to upsell you with new struts.  He came back and said his boss said no.  I told him that's where shut off valves usually are.  He said the valve is inaccessible, and that he "has a contract" but couldn't show it to me.  I said there was a valve under the house that was accessible.  He just repeated that he has a contract, and refused the install.

So it came down to me.  I could have refused delivery, but I didn't' want to be without a DW, and then have to take off from work again while Costco figured out how to make things right.  That, plus I knew I could install it myself in about an hour.  So I signed for it.  I paid myself $40 to install it, as I was planning to give the 2 installers a $20 tip each.

I did call the Costco customer service to complain, but this was on Friday around 4PM.  All they would do was try to call the installer directly to help resolve the problem, but of course the installer was closed until Monday.  Costco told me to call back Monday, but I wasn't going to waste any more of my time.

I was sure to light them up when I got the email to provide online feedback.  No word other than a "Thanks for the Feedback" email.

I wouldn't be overly concerned over damage.  Guys that do this for a living have a lot of experience, and a washer is not that heavy for 2 strong guys to carry with straps.  Stay close and let them know if you see anything in the way.  The guys that delivered our 28 cubic foot fridge that we got from Lowes simply blew me away with how fast they got it through the door and into place.  I had that same sense of awe I get when I watch a pro magician performing a trick.

I would guess they are very strict on the gas lines.  That's liability on their end if there is a leak. 

We've been very happy with our Samsung washer and dryer set that we've had for 8 years, and they see 4-6 loads a week.  Just coincidentally, the dryer broke down 2 days ago.  By the time I got home my wife had already youtubed it and figured out it was probably the belt, which we confirmed that night.  The parts were ordered from Amazon for $30, and we'll be fixing it today.    Samsung washer/dryer, awesome.  Samsung TV, awesome.  Samsung fridge, terrible.  No experience with LG, but they seem to have good reviews too.

daedalus said:
The parts were ordered from Amazon for $30, and we'll be fixing it today.    Samsung washer/dryer, awesome.  Samsung TV, awesome.  Samsung fridge, terrible.  No experience with LG, but they seem to have good reviews too.

Samsung washer are not so awesome:https://www.sharperservicesolutions.com/blog/samsung-top-load-washer-recall/

Never used Costco but but Best Buy has always been top notch for us when we bought appliances. They have their own crews.

No vibration issue with our front loader, which is what the OP is looking for.

Got the job done and dryer is back in service.  My $.02 is to spend the money and get OEM parts.  Cheap aftermarket parts are just crap.  The drum rollers I took out of the dryer looked better and fit better than the new aftermarket ones I got from Amazon.  I put the old ones back.

Back