Author Topic: Which part of Irvine to move to?  (Read 4808 times)

Offline meccos12

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 31
  • -Received: 61
Re: Which part of Irvine to move to?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2018, 07:55:17 PM »
And they are not foreign buyers. Good USA Caucasian folks and Europeans. I do like the conveniences that Irvine has to offer.

No "good USA" asians or middle easterners or latinos or african americans?  Im sure you didnt mean to sound racist but man, that sounds pretty racist.  just being honest.

Offline Compressed-Village

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 237
  • -Received: 169
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »
And they are not foreign buyers. Good USA Caucasian folks and Europeans. I do like the conveniences that Irvine has to offer.

No "good USA" asians or middle easterners or latinos or african americans?  Im sure you didnt mean to sound racist but man, that sounds pretty racist.  just being honest.

I didn’t mean to sound racist. Thanks for correct my political incorrectness.

Offline johnstah

• Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2018, 11:07:22 AM »
Thank you to everyone who has reply. I will be working a consultant working at various companies in Irvine and surrounding Irvine. Thus that is why I chose Irvine as the place to set roots in. How is the vibe if I were to rent right in the Irvine Spectrum Center area? Is that safe enough away from the plume/el toro?

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2073
  • -Received: 3522
  • 3CWG
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2018, 11:22:32 AM »
Thank you to everyone who has reply. I will be working a consultant working at various companies in Irvine and surrounding Irvine. Thus that is why I chose Irvine as the place to set roots in. How is the vibe if I were to rent right in the Irvine Spectrum Center area? Is that safe enough away from the plume/el toro?

If you are young, those Village apartments are the hip/happening place to live from what I hear.

(Is "hip" even used anymore? At my age, that's a medical condition.)
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 165
  • -Received: 666
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2018, 02:09:12 PM »

At first I was going to say yes Spectrum Area is far away but looking at the map it's actually pretty close geographically to the underground plume movement:
http://i61.tinypic.com/1zcz2p5.jpg

If you're really concerned about it and want to stay far away, focus on Orchard Hills area.  There are some properties on the groves side for under $2M and you will have peace of mind.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 117
  • -Received: 128
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2018, 02:31:59 PM »

At first I was going to say yes Spectrum Area is far away but looking at the map it's actually pretty close geographically to the underground plume movement:

If you're really concerned about it and want to stay far away, focus on Orchard Hills area.  There are some properties on the groves side for under $2M and you will have peace of mind.

Yeah, Spectrum is pretty close to the plume.

If you gonna rent and plan be livin' it up far from the plume, then go to Central Park West. True pimp status quo right there. Keep in mind though the school zone is not IUSD if you have kids and plan to have them go to Irvine school. Otherwise that area is the best location in my opinion especially for rent. It's so close to Costa Mesa, Newport, airport, and LA Country instead of boring South Orange County. Oops.

Orchard Hills is good, but I think they are too far from everything. Considering your $2m budget for buying later on, I assume you are looking at around $4000 rent? If you want to experience how the actual Irvine home owners are living in their hood then you should check out houses or detached condos instead of apartments. There should be pretty good houses available from Cypress Village, Woodbury and Stonegate within that budget. Try to avoid anything East villages.

Offline id_rather_be_racing

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 16
  • -Received: 27
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2018, 02:40:08 PM »

I used to live at the Centerpointe apartments right across the new Marriott hotel.  Loved it there, and we got such a great introductory rental rate (first tenants).  They typically push some sort of promo even if they don't advertise it (low security deposit, free application fees x2, etc.)

We used the amenities there literally everyday, and I would recommend Centerpointe over all the other apartments as it feels less crowded (still feels crowded though, just not LA crowded).

Offline HMart

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 153
  • -Received: 42
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2018, 04:24:05 PM »
And they are not foreign buyers. Good USA Caucasian folks and Europeans.

I like how you consider Europeans non-foreign. I know you said you didn't mean to come across as racist. This statement definitely prefers European ethnicities as more American than others.

• Thanks
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2018, 06:34:26 PM »
Well, they are from country of Eastern Europe, Romanian to be exact. How is that racist, I do not know.

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
  • -Given: 184
  • -Received: 217
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2018, 07:03:00 PM »

Isn’t there a city of Irvine water station right near laguna altura / hidden canyon ? 

Wonder what direction the plume would travel - I would have guessed more south east towards lake forest as opposed to straight down below spectrum / Los Olivos

Offline meccos12

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2018, 08:30:13 AM »
Well, they are from country of Eastern Europe, Romanian to be exact. How is that racist, I do not know.

I think its better to just man up and admit it sounds straight up racist.  When I brought it up the first time, your apologetic tone seem to imply some guilt (although unintentional).  However this post now seems to be quite the opposite. 

When you post that some buyers are "not foreign" and then in the very next sentence state they are rather "good USA caucasian folks and europeans" you imply white folks are good and not foreigners and everyone else is not.  It is straight racist whether you know it or not.   

The following member(s) thanked this post:

• Thanks
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2018, 08:40:35 AM »

I think its better to just man up and admit it sounds straight up racist.  When I brought it up the first time, your apologetic tone seem to imply some guilt (although unintentional).  However this post now seems to be quite the opposite. 

When you post that some buyers are "not foreign" and then in the very next sentence state they are rather "good USA caucasian folks and europeans" you imply white folks are good and not foreigners and everyone else is not.  It is straight racist whether you know it or not.

Let’s move on. We’re talking about neighborhoods and neighbors in Irvine. My neighbors is my neighbors. If I have Indonesian foreign buyers and if they are good, my remark would be exactly the same.

Offline meccos12

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2018, 09:27:27 AM »

Let’s move on. We’re talking about neighborhoods and neighbors in Irvine. My neighbors is my neighbors. If I have Indonesian foreign buyers and if they are good, my remark would be exactly the same.

Yes lets move on, but expect people to call you out if you choose to make racist comments.  Remember you live in Irvine, not Alabama.

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
  • -Given: 184
  • -Received: 217
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2018, 09:38:29 AM »

Yes lets move on, but expect people to call you out if you choose to make racist comments.  Remember you live in Irvine, not Alabama.

Well said . But just a block away on the same forum you have people trying to recreate a mini Alabama and its retrograde “Roy moore” values

People here love to bash CA and Irvine while at the same time benefiting from the $$ its diverse economy generates , the food options, and breathing the clean air while bashing EPA and complaining about regulation.

Offline Kenkoko

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 57
  • -Received: 80
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2018, 04:34:43 PM »
Not far from Irvine in Aliso Viejo, you have parents and students putting on racist "we will trump you" banners and yelling racist "build the wall" chants at high school football game vs Santa Ana.

This is orange county.  :o  I imagine things get much worse elsewhere.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Cadence Park environment by Longhairdaddy
[Today at 02:29:15 AM]

Re: Martial arts recommendation for kids? by Logik
[Today at 12:26:07 AM]

Re: Winter is Coming... by iacrenter
[Yesterday at 11:19:51 PM]