Author Topic: Costco is cutting the Polish sausage from the menu  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 581
  • -Received: 500
Re: Costco is cutting the Polish sausage from the menu
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 11:37:33 AM »

I've tried both hotdog and pizza at Sam's club.  Will not repeat.  Their pizza gave off this sad depressing vibe as if the world turned grey and all the vibrant colors were erased.

Sol Price, founder of Costco/Price Club, was a mentor to Sam Walton back in the 1950s. Sam Walton said Sol Price was the single biggest influence in Walmart's success. Walton also said Walmart was modeled after and named after Sol Price's Fedmart.

Price was a retail evangelist who preached the gospel of limited selection, bulk sizes, and low prices to all who would listen, even to competitors like Walmart who made even more money than he did using his theories.

I am not sure that model works as much as more in this world of globalization and in areas of better means.  Costco started as a bulk rate warehouse place but what took it over Sam's Club is the far superior quality. 

Online eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 317
  • -Received: 574
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 11:59:14 AM »
Maybe this is a cost cutting measure. I noticed lines to purchase items at cost don’t have a dedicated person to help the cashier. I see 1 person that helps put two cashiers. They will start to email coupon offers. They replaced the cheap fruit smoothie with one that cost a lot more more.

(My examples may differ from different Costco locations)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:09:54 PM by eyephone »

Offline momopi

• Thanks
  • -Given: 615
  • -Received: 348
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 01:33:03 PM »

From experience, the chance of buying stuff from Costco that turned out to be lemons is fairly low.  Their buyers do their due diligence.

I made the mistake of buying 3 olla watering jars from Sams Club.  Let's just say they don't hold water.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 581
  • -Received: 500
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 01:35:49 PM »
Maybe this is a cost cutting measure. I noticed lines to purchase items at cost don’t have a dedicated person to help the cashier. I see 1 person that helps put two cashiers. They will start to email coupon offers. They replaced the cheap fruit smoothie with one that cost a lot more more.

(My examples may differ from different Costco locations)

I think that they are moving toward more "upscale" menu...veg al pastor salad and improved smoothies/coffee.  I for one welcome the change because I would like some adult choices beyond pizza, chicken bake, and hot dogs.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts