Author Topic: Experts admit global warming predictions wrong  (Read 52887 times)

Offline Kings

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 350
Re: Experts admit global warming predictions wrong
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2019, 06:48:07 AM »
guys, the world is going to end in 12 years anyway, so who cares!

Ocasio-Cortez: 'World will end in 12 years' if climate change not addressed

“Millennials and people, you know, Gen Z and all these folks that will come after us are looking up and we’re like: ‘The world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?' " Ocasio-Cortez asked Coates.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/426353-ocasio-cortez-the-world-will-end-in-12-years-if-we-dont-address

the ultimate irony is her being denied a spot on the climate change committee and her "green new deal" doesn't mean diddly squat because the US is not the problem when it comes to CO2 emissions!

how about this: maybe she should get on board with trump in negotiating deals with "evil nations" like china who are polluting the world? nah, can't be seen on the same side of any issue as trump!

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 605
  • -Received: 536
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2019, 07:37:09 AM »
This MAGA attitude can best be summed up as — “ yeah we lost  Miami to rising sea levels , but at least we owned the libs !! “

Or, isn't Miami beautiful?  Remember a hundred years ago when all those idiots wanted to ruin our economy to fight global warming that never happened because none of their complicated computer models ever were right?  Good thing we own the Libs!!

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 614
  • -Received: 571
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2019, 08:39:42 AM »
Or lack of reaction?  Are you advocating taking action without consent.
It's like communism, you're being liberated whether you like it or not.

It's like the ultimate phantom slippery slope...somehow proactive policies means communism.

Seriously...people must have been jailed in gulags in a past life.

But don’t you see that it is that exact unilateral attitude that gave rise to trump? The “you masses are children, too uneducated and unsophisticated to understand your own peril that we will do for you what you are too stupid to do for yourself.”...look what that got ya.

Yes...we should pander to the ignorant and angry. 

I rather my government be forward thinking and lead rather than reactionary and stagnant.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 08:44:45 AM by Irvinecommuter »

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2019, 08:42:28 AM »
This MAGA attitude can best be summed up as — “ yeah we lost  Miami to rising sea levels , but at least we owned the libs !! “

Or, isn't Miami beautiful?  Remember a hundred years ago when all those idiots wanted to ruin our economy to fight global warming that never happened because none of their complicated computer models ever were right?  Good thing we own the Libs!!

More 20th century thinking...transition into a green economy and reducing carbon emission are fantastic job/economy boosters.  Decentralization of the power grid, installation/building of green infrastructure, R&D into new green technology, and other green jobs are exactly what a first-world country like the US needs.  Relatively high paying jobs that cannot be outsourced.

This is basically like Trump saying that we need to save steel and coal jobs.

I don't understand why GOP/conservatives are so ready to rest on their laurels...US did not become the leader of the world by doing what other countries did.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2019, 08:49:01 AM »
guys, the world is going to end in 12 years anyway, so who cares!

Yeah..that's the American motto..."WE ARE GOING TO JUST SIT HERE AND DOING NOTHING UNTIL OTHER PEOPLE DO IT"!  You know the moon?  We are just going to sit here until the Soviet go there.

Being a leader means that you lead...if you don't...someone else will and then people will follow that person. 

Seriously...MAGA just seems like a pouty kid who keeps telling other people that he is going to take his ball home every 5 seconds.  Pretty soon, people are just going to ignore the kid and exclude him from the games.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2019, 09:21:02 AM »
We are leading...and going to stay there for a very long time...

America is now the world's largest oil producer

Move over Russia and Saudi Arabia. America has reclaimed its throne atop the oil world.
For the first time since 1973, the United States is the world's largest producer of crude oil, according to preliminary estimates published on Wednesday by the Energy Department.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/12/investing/us-oil-production-russia-saudi-arabia/index.html

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2019, 09:24:38 AM »

Move over Russia and Saudi Arabia. America has reclaimed its throne atop the oil world.
For the first time since 1973, the United States is the world's largest producer of crude oil, according to preliminary estimates published on Wednesday by the Energy Department.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/12/investing/us-oil-production-russia-saudi-arabia/index.html

Oh good....it's like the leader of producing horses and buggies at the beginning of the 20th century.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2019, 09:30:53 AM »
I don't think energy is the same as a buggy whip.  We are and will dominate this sector for quite awhile.  It is an energy hungry world and we have what they need.

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 722
  • -Received: 474
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2019, 09:31:26 AM »

Oh good....it's like the leader of producing horses and buggies at the beginning of the 20th century.

Says the guy who's carbon footprint is probably 20x that of the average human being.  Doh!

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »
I don't think energy is the same as a buggy whip.  We are and will dominate this sector for quite awhile.  It is an energy hungry world and we have what they need.

Energy is like transportation...it's the mode and production that matters.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2019, 09:39:50 AM »

Says the guy who's carbon footprint is probably 20x that of the average human being.  Doh!

Yes..then we should try to do nothing until everyone else catches up! 

Seriously...I wish MAGAers and GOPers would just come out and say that they are selfish and they don't want to do anything different because they don't want to.   Just admit it.  It's like Libertarians claiming that they are for "liberty" when in fact they just want to do whatever they want to do because they want to.

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 722
  • -Received: 474
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2019, 09:43:35 AM »
Here's the thing... If you believe global warming is a crisis that needs to be averted, then why aren't you doing everything in your power to change how you live... RIGHT NOW!  Why does it take heavy handed government action to force you to sell your over-sized Irvine box, sell your multiple vehicles, stop flying on planes, stop commuting to an office, and start riding your bike everywhere?  The global warming alarmists want to increase government control of our lives, but they don't even want to make small changes in their own lives. 

It doesn't take radical heavy-handed government policy to make social changes.  You can lead the charge by setting the example yourself (cut your own carbon usage before lecturing others), being nice to the opposition (something Irvinecommuter flatly rejects), and making a convincing case for what needs to change and why.  This is the libertarian approach and it will be much more successful than trying to ram legislation through that harms people's livelihoods, threatens their families, and leads to more suffering.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2019, 09:49:08 AM »
I'll admit it.  I don't care because I don't think there is anything we can do about it, even if it were true But, better to be that then a hypocrite...

Harrison Ford: leaders who deny climate change are 'on the wrong side of history'
Actor attacked Trump and other leaders at World Government Summit for denying science to justify not facing the ‘moral crisis’

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/feb/12/harrison-ford-world-government-summit-climate-change-trump

OK mister Country size carbon footprint boy....

Harrison Ford
A keen aviator, Harrison Ford has a large collection of aircraft. The largest is his Cessna 208B Grand Caravan which consumes a massive 334 gallons of fuel per hour. He is also a collector of classic cars which have a low mpg rating, however, this is balanced out with his Tesla Model S. His passion about the climate change was evident when he spoke at the recent Global Climate Action Summit but with his array of gas guzzling vehicles, he can’t fight climate change Solo.

Celebrity Climate Hypocrites - which celebrities are really going green?

https://www.selectcarleasing.co.uk/news/celebrity-climate-hypocrites.html

At least Ed Bagley walks the walk...I can respect that.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2019, 09:50:07 AM »
Here's the thing... If you believe global warming is a crisis that needs to be averted, then why aren't you doing everything in your power to change how you live... RIGHT NOW!  Why does it take heavy handed government action to force you to sell your over-sized Irvine box, sell your multiple vehicles, stop flying on planes, stop commuting to an office, and start riding your bike everywhere?  The global warming alarmists want to increase government control of our lives, but they don't even want to make small changes in their own lives. 

It doesn't take radical heavy-handed government policy to make social changes.  You can lead the charge by setting the example yourself (cut your own carbon usage before lecturing others), being nice to the opposition (something Irvinecommuter flatly rejects), and making a convincing case for what needs to change and why.  This is the libertarian approach and it will be much more successful than trying to ram legislation through that harms people's livelihoods , threatens their families, and leads to suffering.

Thanks Yoda! 

I'm glad that you know about my life and what I have or have not done.  But again..why are you influenced by what I do or don't do?  If climate change and its effects are real, then who cares what I do or don't do? 

I guess we should have done the same in the Civil Rights movement...just wait until people come to their sense.   Clearly, if we wanted to go to the moon, each person should have just started building rockets in their backyard and boom...we are walking on the moon.  I guess the smog in LA cleared up because people decided to pollute less. 

Weird that conservatives are all for the concept of collective power when in comes to private corporations but not government. 

Oh..California has been setting examples for 30+ years on the environmental front...so the rest of the country should follow too right?

Again...just say that you are selfish and don't want to do anything different.

Edit:  Missed my favorite line...from a MAGA supporter

being nice to the opposition
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 09:56:49 AM by Irvinecommuter »

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2019, 09:52:27 AM »
I'll admit it.  I don't care because I don't think there is anything we can do about it, even if it were true But, better to be that then a hypocrite...

Wait..the only reason why we should be doing something is because celebrities endorse or don't endorse it?  I mean shouldn't policies be based upon facts, science, and logic not whether George Clooney is for or against it?

I mean...again...just admit that you don't care and don't want to do anything different and stop deflecting.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal