Author Topic: Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals  (Read 27173 times)

Offline daedalus

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 152
  • -Received: 182
Re: Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2019, 04:39:52 PM »
This is the first Black Friday in a long time where I don't have a list of 10 things I want to go out and shop for or buy online.  Meh, maybe I'm getting too old, or maybe the thrill of saving $20 on a $100 item just isn't that exciting to me anymore.

I saw this on another forum:  "We buy what we want all year long, so there's no reason to get too excited about Black Friday". 

Nothing on my list either (that would be a BF sale, unless someone sees a deal on 10-ply trailer tires or deep cycle batteries, then please PM me).  But I'm a huge sucker for bargains...I'll check in on the Amazon deals page throughout the week, and usually end up spending way more than I should.  They're gonna get me again this year, I'm sure. 

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 355
  • -Received: 613
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2019, 05:05:54 PM »
yes : ) it doesn't even need to be a Mac, except that I'd have to get out of the ecosystem, got used to having phone/laptop be in sync

I understand. But I dont think you need an Apple book pro for casual use.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2019, 07:18:26 AM »
This is the first Black Friday in a long time where I don't have a list of 10 things I want to go out and shop for or buy online.  Meh, maybe I'm getting too old, or maybe the thrill of saving $20 on a $100 item just isn't that exciting to me anymore.

I saw this on another forum:  "We buy what we want all year long, so there's no reason to get too excited about Black Friday". 

Nothing on my list either (that would be a BF sale, unless someone sees a deal on 10-ply trailer tires or deep cycle batteries, then please PM me).  But I'm a huge sucker for bargains...I'll check in on the Amazon deals page throughout the week, and usually end up spending way more than I should.  They're gonna get me again this year, I'm sure.

I don’t have that much time to sort through Amazon Deals.
That’s why I rely on an independent deal forum to filter through the deals in general.

Offline akkord

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 74
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2019, 07:50:42 AM »
Slickdeals is our friend...I'm mostly looking to pick up gifts for family. 

Cheesecake factory will be having their annual free 2 slices deal with a GC purchase, I normally get a few of those for coworkers and keep the free slices. 
Haven't seen anything yet, but hopefully Target has the 10% off GC deal on Monday, pick them up in $20/$25/$50 denominations for gifts throughout the year for teachers, kids bdays, family or just buy a ton for yourself. 

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2204
  • -Received: 3589
  • 3CWG
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2019, 08:28:23 AM »
Usually the only thing I look at are the prices of TVs bigger than what I have.

I’m usually a year behind because I don’t want to pay the premium prices. It’s amazing that you can buy 75” TVs for $600-700.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2019, 06:06:41 PM »
Costco had an online only deal on the base entry level MacBook pro earlier this month. i5/8gb/256gb for 1199. sold out before I could make up my mind.

What type of laptop are you looking for?
(Mac, gaming)

Its more of a want than need right now, if my old Mac can make it through another year. maybe I'll try getting into a zen state like aquabliss :)

So what are you going to get?

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 574
  • -Received: 396
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2019, 06:23:41 PM »

I’m usually a year behind because I don’t want to pay the premium prices. It’s amazing that you can buy 75” TVs for $600-700.

So you upgrade your TV every year?  That's crazy to me. 

Ours was purchased in 2008 and still works for us.  I think we paid $800 for 42" at Sam's Club, which was a killer deal at the time.  I know it's small by today's standards and doesn't have all the advances since then, but it fits the size our living room nicely.  Really, if it weren't for the fact that I still watch DVD's/Blurays I could get rid of our TV and nobody would miss it.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 169
  • -Received: 686
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2019, 10:01:46 PM »
What’s the next big thing in TV’s?  3D seems like no longer a big deal, those curved sets are mostly out.   I guess 8k is a thing but you need like an 80” set or larger to tell the difference between 4K vs. 8k at 15ft away.  Even then it’s negligible.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2204
  • -Received: 3589
  • 3CWG
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2019, 11:11:09 PM »

So you upgrade your TV every year?  That's crazy to me. 

Ours was purchased in 2008 and still works for us.  I think we paid $800 for 42" at Sam's Club, which was a killer deal at the time.  I know it's small by today's standards and doesn't have all the advances since then, but it fits the size our living room nicely.  Really, if it weren't for the fact that I still watch DVD's/Blurays I could get rid of our TV and nobody would miss it.

Didn’t say I bought every year. I look at the prices to see if it’s worth the upgrade.

4K at home can be just as good as a theater and you don’t have to deal with the other people. Sports are also great to watch on your own big screen.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2019, 12:39:07 PM »
Even if you bought every year. I don’t see the problem. TVs are like so cheap.

Cheers!

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2019, 02:00:39 PM »
Costco had an online only deal on the base entry level MacBook pro earlier this month. i5/8gb/256gb for 1199. sold out before I could make up my mind.

What type of laptop are you looking for?
(Mac, gaming)

Its more of a want than need right now, if my old Mac can make it through another year. maybe I'll try getting into a zen state like aquabliss :)

So what are you going to get?

@mads: I hope you bought your new comp. The good deals are getting sold out. Buy now or risk of losing out on the deals. You can risk and roll the dice, and wait for Cyber Monday.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts