• Thanks
  • -Given: 818
  • -Received: 529
  • Don't fight the Fed.
Re: Dow?
« Reply #1770 on: May 06, 2022, 12:18:34 PM »
Facebook Parent Meta Hits the Brakes on Hiring as Growth Stalls
Company says it has no plans for layoffs at this time

Facebook parent Meta Platforms Inc. FB -2.28%▼ on Wednesday announced a sharp slowdown in hiring, ending an extended period in which the tech giant added thousands of jobs a year.

“We regularly re-evaluate our talent pipeline according to our business needs and in light of the expense guidance given for this earnings period, we are slowing its growth accordingly,” a Meta spokesperson said in a statement. “However, we will continue to grow our workforce to ensure we focus on long term impact.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/facebook-parent-meta-hits-the-brakes-on-hiring-as-growth-stalls-11651699263

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 667
  • -Received: 602
« Reply #1771 on: May 06, 2022, 12:26:46 PM »
Not that I mind feeding on the carcasses of fools but its a big boys game and not for the faint of heart....so predictable but the bodies pile up every cycle, it's never "different this time"...

5 Red Flags for Robinhood Markets' Future

Robinhood Markets' (HOOD -5.89%) stock dipped 3% on April 29 after the online brokerage posted its first quarter numbers. Its revenue plunged 43% year over year to $299 million, which missed analysts' estimates by $59 million. Its net loss narrowed from $1.4 billion to $392 million, or $0.45 per share, but still missed analysts' expectations by a dime.

Robinhood's numbers were ugly, but some investors might be wondering if its stock has finally bottomed out after plunging nearly 75% below its IPO price. Unfortunately, five red flags suggest the pain is far from over.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/05/03/5-red-flags-for-robinhood-markets-future/?source=eptyholnk0000202&utm_source=yahoo-host&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1772 on: May 12, 2022, 06:24:08 AM »
Something seems to be amiss with google. Last earnings they announced that 20 for one stock split and it made an all time high only to trade down to the 2500 area. It's tried to rally a couple times only to end up around the 2500ish area again and today it decisively broke that area and not on low volume either.

It doesn't seem to be expensive, so not really sure what is up. Bought some puts. If it attempts to rally back to 2500 I'm buying more.

You got some near term support at 2450 but it broke that. if it closes below that then 2250 in the cards.  I would enter around there if it holds. 

$2250.00

$2250.00…Start nibbling…

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1773 on: May 18, 2022, 11:59:57 AM »
A recession is coming…nothing can stop that now…it’s called a cycle for a reason.
I’m not convinced a recession will happen just yet. We are already short on workers and job postings aren’t going down. I could be wrong though. Generally when people throw the R word too much, it doesn’t end up happening.

Do you believe now, Trinity? ;D ;D >:D

You do know todays movement only washed out yesterdays gains right? Nice try though :)

Let me know when the s&p500 goes to 3500.

Ask and you shall recieve...I love markets like this...the smell of cordite is thick
;D ;D >:D

But recall the mindset at at that moment in time...Corona was raging and fear ran the streets...I love that environment.  We will be in a similar panic soon with rates...for pros, its easy picking off the gazelles in that environment.  For the gazelles..its never fun being eaten. ;D ;D >:D

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 390
  • -Received: 347
« Reply #1774 on: May 18, 2022, 12:55:13 PM »
TGT is getting bloodbath.

Would you buy here?

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1775 on: May 18, 2022, 01:00:53 PM »
TGT is getting bloodbath.

Would you buy here?

Inflation and recessions will do that to a retail stock...look at BBY.  Any TGT I still hold has a $35-$55 cost basis...they wont sell if they haven't already.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2782
  • -Received: 4105
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1776 on: May 18, 2022, 02:49:54 PM »

So what is morekaos' Dow prediction now?

Back to sub 20k like when Covid hit?
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1777 on: May 18, 2022, 03:08:27 PM »
No, it’ll go back up but opportunities abound…Buffet is putting cash to work…why he is a billionaire.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2782
  • -Received: 4105
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1778 on: May 18, 2022, 03:16:32 PM »
I ask because although he's been wrong about Tesla and the last election, his Dow calls are pretty good.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline sleepy5136

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 56
« Reply #1779 on: May 18, 2022, 03:20:19 PM »
I ask because although he's been wrong about Tesla and the last election, his Dow calls are pretty good.
Dow isn't a good representation of the american economy compared to s&p. let's see if 3800 holds in the s&p.

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 269
« Reply #1780 on: May 18, 2022, 03:29:30 PM »
Dow isn't a good representation of the american economy compared to s&p. let's see if 3800 holds in the s&p.

No rally holds. Reminds me alot of 2000. Csco latest to join the whack a mole party tomorrow.

I wish we could just get a good woosh capitulation down like we had in 1987. Least u could buy the close. That low held for a while but there were stocks that traded lower a couple months later.

Powell is just going to put pressure on the economy to no end, imo.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1781 on: May 18, 2022, 06:25:46 PM »
4-6 more rate hikes coming…can’t say you weren’t warned…fun, fun, fun!!!

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 390
  • -Received: 347
« Reply #1782 on: May 18, 2022, 08:20:41 PM »

No rally holds. Reminds me alot of 2000. Csco latest to join the whack a mole party tomorrow.

I wish we could just get a good woosh capitulation down like we had in 1987. Least u could buy the close. That low held for a while but there were stocks that traded lower a couple months later.

Yup, I share the same sentiments. But if any one have the guts to trade in this market and make money, let me know.

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Thanks
« Reply #1783 on: May 18, 2022, 09:17:15 PM »

Yup, I share the same sentiments. But if any one have the guts to trade in this market and make money, let me know.

When supply chain gets worked out, retailers going to find out they got way too much stuff. Of course they will say who knew? Only so long people will wait to buy things before they get something else. Meanwhile, double booking going on I bet, just like happened to the fiberoptic companies in 2000. Suddenly product everywhere and price cut galore and layoffs so we can work off all the inventory that shows up.

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Thanks
« Reply #1784 on: May 20, 2022, 09:22:24 AM »
Markets do not crash from high levels. Keep your powder dry. Things are really falling apart.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: coronavirus by akula1488
[Yesterday at 10:54:58 PM]

Re: coronavirus by qwerty
[Yesterday at 09:47:32 PM]

Re: The Hypocrisy of Electric Vehicles by zovall
[Yesterday at 08:30:38 PM]

Re: coronavirus by zovall