Author Topic: Toyota moving to Texas  (Read 348796 times)

Offline OCtoSV

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 89
  • -Received: 86
Re: Toyota moving to Texas
« Reply #1035 on: May 11, 2022, 10:17:00 AM »
Yeah - I'm pretty sure there will be a steady stream of the top students wanting to match at MD Anderson

Offline Kenkoko

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 193
  • -Received: 307
« Reply #1036 on: May 11, 2022, 02:39:55 PM »
Several physicians in training have recently told me that Texas is now not on their match list, due to the repressive political environment.

I wonder if the South is going to become a medically underserved area?

Many Southern states are already suffering from inadequate access to healthcare.

Alabama, Georgia, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas and Tennessee have about 75% of the US hospital closures. These states chose not to expand Medicaid programs under the Affordable Care Act. Medicaid is vital to keeping rural hospitals open.

Texas has an extreme physician shortage problem, especially in rural areas.

More than one-fifth of Texas’ 254 counties have only one doctor or none at all. Of the state’s 158 remaining rural hospitals, just 66 deliver babies. More than half of Texas counties have no OB-GYN.

Sadly, less than 1% of medical students in their final year of school want to live in communities under 10,000.

So there's no reversal coming anytime soon.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2785
  • -Received: 4109
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1037 on: May 11, 2022, 03:00:07 PM »
So move to Texas but just don't get sick.

Go morekaos... go!!!
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline OCtoSV

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 89
  • -Received: 86
« Reply #1038 on: May 11, 2022, 03:08:12 PM »
So move to Texas but just don't get sick.

Go morekaos... go!!!

seriously - what Californian with the discretionary choice to cash out and move is going to a BFE TX town? They're headed to Highland Park or Lake Austin or Paradise Valley where good MD coverage is plentiful. Personally I could never live in TX or AZ as the weather sucks and there is no ocean or good mtns in winter to compensate for the crappy weather times of the year but I understand the desire to pay less in taxes.

Even those that are moving due to CA unaffordability will target the metro areas. Heck - Houston for a long time has been a sweet spot of major corp employment and very low housing prices, but the weather blows.

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 407
  • -Received: 393
« Reply #1039 on: May 11, 2022, 04:59:04 PM »
I personally don’t like Texas….I have been to Texas many times on business travel, and the overall terrain is boring…it is just flat and expansive. there is no natural landmark. California have beach and snowy mountains..not so much in Texas.

If you really want a big house and a more conservative state, Texas is for you. But CA does have pockets with relatively cheaper housing and local conservative gov…sure you cannot escape the sales and income tax, but I think thats a good trade-off.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1040 on: May 11, 2022, 05:42:15 PM »
Owner of a business I know incorporated in Nevada for the tax break, even his car has Nevada plates, but he lives in LA fulltime.

I should ask him why he doesn't move to Texas. :)
I recommend:

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 669
  • -Received: 602
« Reply #1041 on: May 18, 2022, 12:59:25 PM »
I told you this was happening several years ago....those same guys still have houses here in Huntington and Newport harbors but have saved Millions in taxes while still living here.  If the system was better balanced they would still be paying here but if you give people an out....they will take it.

I can tell you for fact, those high incomes, that are able to operate off-site, are moving. I can tell you of several of my compadres, with $3-5 million of income, are simply switching offices to Las Vegas and Texas.  Buying houses there, putting up all the necessary sign posts that allow them to claim residence. Keeping their houses in Newport, Huntington and Long Beach, while skirting all the Cali taxes, and (really) still living here.  Money (like life) finds a way.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1042 on: May 31, 2022, 01:12:40 PM »
More obvious consequences when idiots are in charge of our state...the Boy King is clueless... ;D ;D >:D

Texas Is Now Home To More Fortune 500 Companies Than Any Other State, And I’m Not Surprised

Texas now leads the nation in the number of Fortune 500 companies that are headquartered in the state, it was revealed this week. As many as 53 highly profitable businesses—from Exxon Mobil to AT&T to the recently relocated Tesla and Hewlett Packard Enterprise—choose to hang their hat in the Lone Star State, beating New York and California.

This is no accident. As I like to say, money flows where it’s respected most. If that’s true, then we should continue to see Texas, which has among the most business-friendly policies in the U.S., take additional market share of corporate headquarters away from other states.

That’s precisely what it’s been doing in recent years, of course. In 2021, some 62 companies relocated their HQs to Texas from 17 states and three countries, according to the just-released Relo Tracker Report. California was the origin state to 25 of those companies, more than any other state, with Tesla being the biggest and most noteworthy.

A year before Tesla, it was Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE). The company nearly single-handedly established California’s Silicon Valley as a premiere global tech hub more than 80 years ago. HPE now resides in Spring, Texas, just north of Houston.

Software maker Oracle, co-founded in 1977 by now-multibillionaire Larry Ellison, also recently relocated from its former home on the San Francisco Bay to Austin.

So many people and businesses are relocating to Texas, in fact, that Verizon recently announced it was increasing capital spending in the state by an additional $97.9 million. Between January 2020 and April 2022, more than 200,000 Verizon customers moved to Texas, putting a strain on demand. Austin alone has seen a data traffic spike of 323% since the start of the pandemic.

The tax and regulatory environment in Texas is incredibly attractive. The state famously doesn’t levy an income tax on individuals or businesses. The drawback here is that Texas has among the highest property taxes in the nation, but when you consider that it has far fewer business regulations than most states, the savings balance out.

Finally, companies in Texas have access to some of the best infrastructure the nation has to offer, including roads, highways and seaports. The Port of Houston may not be the largest or busiest port in the U.S.—that title belongs to the Port of Los Angeles—but it tops all others in terms of tonnage. The port announced this month that it posted its busiest April on record, having moved a total of 334,493 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs).

U.S. Global Investors Is Proud To Operate In Texas
Besides Tesla, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Oracle, other big-name brands have recently made the move to the Lone Star State. Those include Charles Schwab, Pabst Brewing, real estate giant CBRE and plastics manufacturer Nissei America. A reimagined DeLorean company—maker of what became the iconic time machine in the Back to the Future film series—is also putting down stakes in U.S. Global Investors’ hometown of San Antonio.

I’m thrilled by the news that Texas now has more Fortune 500 company headquarters than any other state, but it doesn’t surprise me in the least. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2022/05/26/texas-is-now-home-to-more-fortune-500-companies-than-any-other-state-and-im-not-surprised/?sh=237c610b27d5

• What's this?
  • Thanks
« Reply #1043 on: June 11, 2022, 09:32:23 PM »
It is 11:30 PM local time, close to mid night in Dallas Texas.. The outside temperature is 90+ degrees....
Phoenix is 100 degrees....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 09:42:10 PM by The California Court Company »
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1044 on: June 14, 2022, 11:24:28 AM »
We so Rock it!!  So much better to have an influencer based economy..those real 1800 jobs can suck it!

Smithfield Foods to shutter its California meat-packing plant
Meat-packing giant Smithfield Foods says it will close its only California plant next year, citing the escalating cost of doing business in the state

VERNON, Calif. (AP) — Meat-packing giant Smithfield Foods said Friday it will close its only California plant next year, citing the escalating cost of doing business in the state.

The Farmer John meat-packing plant in Vernon, an industrial suburb south of Los Angeles, will shut down in February, with its 1,800 employees receiving severance and job placement support along with bonuses for those who choose to stay on the job until the closure, said Jim Monroe, vice president of corporate affairs.

Monroe said operating costs in California are much higher than in other areas of the country, including taxes and the price of water, electricity and natural gas.

“Our utility costs in California are 3 1/2 times higher per head than our other locations where they do the same type of work,” he said.

https://www.capitalpress.com/ag_sectors/livestock/smithfield-foods-to-shutter-its-california-meat-packing-plant/article_539c6131-47b9-5f89-b474-0b4f9b663890.html#:~:text=Meat%2Dpacking%20giant%20Smithfield%20Foods,doing%20business%20in%20the%20state&text=A%20Smithfield%20Foods%20plant.,its%20only%20plant%20in%20California.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2950
  • -Received: 2298
« Reply #1045 on: June 15, 2022, 01:02:59 PM »
I personally don’t like Texas….I have been to Texas many times on business travel, and the overall terrain is boring…it is just flat and expansive. there is no natural landmark. California have beach and snowy mountains..not so much in Texas.

If you really want a big house and a more conservative state, Texas is for you. But CA does have pockets with relatively cheaper housing and local conservative gov…sure you cannot escape the sales and income tax, but I think thats a good trade-off.

There are only 4 good things about Texas....the BBQ, no state income, COTA, and my Porsche dealer.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 391
  • -Received: 347
« Reply #1046 on: June 15, 2022, 01:17:39 PM »

There are only 4 good things about Texas....the BBQ, no state income, COTA, and my Porsche dealer.

You forgot the 5th good bonus, if you like hot sauna and your house is not need to equipt with one. Looking to have a sauna bath everyday, anytime when you walk outside during the summer. Me, I like sauna, but for women, they hated it. Mess-up hair, mess up make up and your clothes sticky as hell.

• What's this?
  • Thanks
« Reply #1047 on: June 15, 2022, 01:38:04 PM »
literally these days Texas is hotter at 2 AM than Irvine at 2 PM  :o

You forgot the 5th good bonus, if you like hot sauna and your house is not need to equipt with one. Looking to have a sauna bath everyday, anytime when you walk outside during the summer. Me, I like sauna, but for women, they hated it. Mess-up hair, mess up make up and your clothes sticky as hell.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1048 on: July 19, 2022, 08:49:43 AM »
Careful what you wish for….

Get Me Out Of Here! Data Shows California Exodus Isn’t Subsiding, It’s Accelerating

“Only Illinois ranked worse off than the Golden State when it came to moving vans heading for the border during the pandemic, according to the report, which focused on data from the moving company United Van Lines. In 2018-19, 56% of moves in California were families fleeing the state. In 2020-21, that figure jumped to nearly 60%.

The state that was by far the biggest draw of California residents? It was Texas, the destination for more than 7,500 California families during the four years in the study, perhaps little surprise given that Silicon Valley’s tech giants like Oracle, Tesla and Hewlett Packard Enterprise picked up and moved their headquarters there too.”

In addition to Texas, guess what other states the data shows Californians fleeing to? You guessed it: Florida.

Ironically, the two states in the country with the highest incidence rates of abandonment also have two governors being talked about as potential presidential candidates for the Democratic Party: Newsom and the equally annoying and incompetent J.B. Pritzker of Illinois. Such is the state of the Democrats.The reasons for the California exodus couldn’t be clearer. As crime and homelessness are turning the state into a hellhole for residents, Newsom is focused on social equity. As state spending and taxation skyrocket, Newsom wants to spend more money to become the nation’s leader in abortions. And as the rest of the country has finally recognized the reality of COVID’s politicization, Newsom wants to keep hammering away at vaccine mandates and scaring his citizens.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/07/18/moving-out-california-cities-are-bleeding-residents-how-long-will-the-trend-last/

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1049 on: July 19, 2022, 09:03:23 AM »
Yean... enjoy that triple-digit heat wave in Texas.

But no climate change right?
I recommend:

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: COVID FRAUD by dingduong
[Today at 09:44:44 PM]

Re: Shady Siam Station in Irvine by washingtoncaly
[Today at 08:22:15 PM]

Re: Oil by morekaos
[Today at 08:00:20 PM]

Re: Retail Openings and Closures by zovall