You can't make this stuff up

State of California ends the traditional 4th grade mission project:
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/California-public-schools-mission-project-model-11953722.php

On NPR, a proponent of getting rid of the mission project asked the reporter rhetorically: "we don't ask fourth graders to build models of concentration camps or slave plantations, do we?"

California public school fourth grade curriculum on missions will be replaced with "everything from the role of LGBTQ figures in shaping the state to how trade routes between Asia, Africa, the Americas and Europe impacted nations and their people."

I am going to re-post this because it becomes truer as each day passes.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

George Orwell, 1984

Because all important history should be focused on knowing the schtupping habits of people of note during those times.

Hopefully with this "reality based" change of curriculum they will describe how the local "native peoples" were hardly the noble savages we pretend they were. The Spaniards found the indigenous people so incredibly lazy compared to others they met as they explored the new world. Given the easy climate and ready food sources here in OC, most of the natives huts were nothing more than stick covered lean-to's. As soon as the fleas and garbage overran these shelters, the natives would burn them, and rebuild 10 feet away.

Our 7th/8th grade middle school used to build a shelter called a "wikiup" based on the native peoples housing in the area. This was halted years later due to the appearance of disparaging the local tribes for said same laziness. What's old and discarded will eventually come back as new and progressive. Can't wait for kids to start the wikiup building again as this kind of hands on learning is important, providing they also include data on the tribes sexual habits.

Man, I could sure use a Brawndo - "It's got Electrolytes" as I'm tired from all this typing.

My .02c

I don't want to go to this extreme

So should they celebrate Hitler in Germany since he was a major part in their past history? (just ignore the fact what he did. He caused havoc and destruction to the world. His army killed so many lives. (American lives) Also, the roundup of people and innocent killings.

At times, you have to destroy statues that symbolizes evil.

morekaos said:
I am going to re-post this because it becomes truer as each day passes.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

George Orwell, 1984

morekaos said:
Another statue of St. Junipero Serra vandalized in California

I bet the vandals are not actual Mission Indians and are not endorsed by actual Mission Indians. Most likely the vandals are liberal activists. Real Mission Indians (Agua Caliente, Barona, Cabazon, Morongo, Pala, Pechanga, San Manuel, etc.) are too busy providing the finest in Vegas style gaming and entertainment in California to have time to vandalize statues.

I think the next step should be to vandalize the offensive tribute to this mass murdering dictator.  He owned slaves!!

cp_caesar.jpg

This Eco-Criminal is responsible for multiple sequoia deaths and the deforestation of the southwest....Burn it!!! and his little dog too!!!

Attachments

• paul.jpg
    paul.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 179
Liar Loan said:
I think the next step should be to vandalize the offensive tribute to this mass murdering dictator.  He owned slaves!!

Was he also the general in chief that waged war against the United State in a conflict that lead to the loss of life to approximately one million people?

peppy said:
Liar Loan said:

Was he also the general in chief that waged war against the United State in a conflict that lead to the loss of life to approximately one million people?

He undoubtedly killed some of my distant relatives.  Whenever the calendar flips to August, I seethe with anger.

Eyephone, Germany forbids displays of Nazi era symbols - other than cemeteries which have some symbols that tie to that time period. With the German State slate wiping their past, do they still have freshly minted, living breathing hardcore Nazi's today? You betcha. It's not statues or monuments, but human nature that is at the heart of the issue. Wagner was an anti-Semite. Are most classical music listeners jew haters? If so, how many hours of listening to Wagner did it take?

Should new monuments be raised? Not really, unless in a museum setting for context. What about the old ones? I'd be OK with ringing them with historical context data rather than tearing them down. Everyone has their "tolerance levels" but today, most of the butt hurt beta-males out there have their intolerance levels cranked up to 11.

My .02c 

Somewhere, somehow, someone, will find it offensive if I raise the symbol below as a monument.

s-l300.jpg

AHHH!!! I have been threatened with lynching....oh wait,..its just a shoe lace.

Police: 'Noose' found in Michigan State dorm was a shoelace

EAST LANSING - An item found on a stairwell door handle in a Michigan State University residence hall and initially believed to be a noose was, in fact, a shoelace, MSU police say.

MSU President Lou Anna Simon released a statement Wednesday morning  condemning what appeared to be an instance of racial intimidation and saying, in part, that "No Spartan should ever feel targeted based on their race, or other ways in which they identify."

By Wednesday afternoon, after further investigation, the university offered a different account of what had happened.

A matching packaged shoelace was found outside Holden Hall, the residence hall where the incident was reported,  MSU spokesman Jason Cody said in a news release.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2017/10/04/noose-found-outside-michigan-state-dorm-room/732058001/

Kids cartoons are fascist propaganda!  Didn?t everybody know that? I?m bringing this up at my next ANTIFA stroller stride.

Why kids love fascist cartoons like 'Paw Patrol' and 'Thomas'

(CNN) - Parents like to see themselves as purveyors of possibility. We want our children to inhabit a world in which identities are both mutable and equal, and imagination and empathy reign supreme!

But young children, as dictated by their tastes in popular culture, have something else in mind. They're drawn to worlds in which identities are fixed, order trumps imagination and transgressions are met with routine punishment.
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/22/health/thomas-tank-engine-paw-patrol-fascist-cartoon-strauss/index.html
[/url]

morekaos said:
Awww c?mon!!

Is 'It's a Wonderful Life' sexist?

But have I cooled to classics like "It's a Wonderful Life" and "Baby It's Cold Outside?" Kinda. I most certainly will never watch that movie or hear that song in the same way I did when I was a kid. And that's a good thing.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/20/opinions/sexual-harassment-culture-christmas-opinion-costello/index.html

What gets me is I have a friend on FB that wrote a post defending his decision to continue listening to Baby It's Cold Outside to the group of virtue signalers he is connected with.  Why would somebody waste their time with such silly nonsense?  If the song bothers you, just switch the station.

Back