Woodbury - Villa Rosa

[quote author="GrewUpInIrvine" date=1212729908]GOTTI - Don't be too turned off the the "prequalification" nonsense. Most new home builders that I have seen have similiar "requirments." They mostly do this to see if you will use their mortgage unit... just like the way they steer you towards their design centers... its just a way to make money on every single facet of the transaction. I'd consider "pre-qualifying" and then searching for your money elsewhere... but keep in mind, sometimes the builder will give you a lot of funny money to use their lender... I think that Lennar is currently giving 20K... which does a lot towards a loan buy down that you might not otherwise attempt.

Irvine123 - Yes. All five homes sold. And sold relatively fast. I think that it took about 45 days. As for this most recent batch.. they may be sitting for a while. For what it is worth, that grouping on paperback is a pretty nice zone. No thru streets, etc. Lower traffic... but I wouldn't want one of the homes against Trabucco... maybe I'll shoot for one of the homes directly across from the 5 released on paperback.

Gotta get over to Santa Anita and see if that envelope ever showed up.</blockquote>

Haha, I like this guy...

I'll be using my own lender. The one sales rep was saying that Lennar was offering $20k on their design center(Weak).

Yes, I123, the models on Paperback are gone. The corner lot on Winding way was sold recently as well. So according to my current price list, there is one of each model left to be sold.

Just for your information, the five VR lots on Santuary next to the mainroad took a long time to sell 1.5 year ago due to bad location. Some of the heaviest discounts were given on those lots.

Dropped by over the weekend to give my regards to MJ in the sales office. Next sales release is 8/2/2008 the 3x3 sites located on paperback/waterspout. Prices still seem to be the same, but they are offering a special 5 7/8% 30-yr fixed on 2 existing homes if close escrow by end of August.

[quote author="norcaljeff" date=1216010768]Anyone have an opinion on the condos in WB, either new or resales?</blockquote>

Jeff - Go <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/search_results/fcb1e41fa1633d343d35b30354086e77/">here</a> and start at the end of the topic list and work backward. I can't recall which developments were condos, but it should say in the description of the project.

[quote author="cantaloop" date=1216037560]Dropped by over the weekend to give my regards to MJ in the sales office. Next sales release is 8/2/2008 the 3x3 sites located on paperback/waterspout. Prices still seem to be the same, but they are offering a special 5 7/8% 30-yr fixed on 2 existing homes if close escrow by end of August.</blockquote>

Anyone been there over the weekend to see how the realease went? If not, I might give a call tomorrow.

[quote author="PadreBrian" date=1217847483]How about spend 200k more and get a Serra in PS? Much bigger house with a ton more land, city views, and a better builder?</blockquote>

Serra would be an awsome choice if not for what's right next to it <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/53/">behind the hill</a>...

Villa Rose released five homes this past Saturday. All five are sold. The only incentives are $6000 towards closing. The plan 3s were sold between $1.10 to $1.14 million. I am very surprised.

[quote author="irvine123" date=1217997562]Villa Rose released five homes this past Saturday. All five are sold. The only incentives are $6000 towards closing. The plan 3s were sold between $1.10 to $1.14 million. I am very surprised.</blockquote>

The novelty of a new homes is still the preference for Chinese buyers. Brand new feng shui as well as the status in buying new holds quite a bit of bragging mileage for the Joy Luck Club gatherers. There is still some demands for buyers seeking a new home. The rationing of new inventory is an obvious strategy for TIC and seems to be working for last saturday. The naive crowd is still out there.

[quote author="noshellsnail" date=1217993462][quote author="PadreBrian" date=1217847483]How about spend 200k more and get a Serra in PS? Much bigger house with a ton more land, city views, and a better builder?</blockquote>

Serra would be an awsome choice if not for what's right next to it <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/53/">behind the hill</a>...</blockquote>

:) look above. Woodbury is right above the aquifer coming off the mnt. Any fictional (since this is a 100% double lined, run-off collecting dump) seepage would travel to the west.

Note the direction the El Toro plume is moving.

[quote author="Knife Catcher" date=1218002098]These houses have the worst floor plans ever. The bedrooms are small for the amount of money you would spend.</blockquote>

I agree with you totally. Because of the narrow width lot hallway accessing the bedrooms is single loaded. The hallway footage consumption is triple.

Here is a better way to explain it. In accessing four 12'x12 bedrooms with a double loaded hallway the shortest possible hall is 12' long. In accessing four exact same size bedrooms with a single loaded hall the shortest possible length would be 36'( 3 times as long) The wasted footage in the hallway came out from the bedroom size. Your observation is correct.

Spending well over a $1 million for a narrow home should only be along the beach.

I refer to these as the "American Beauty" / "Mrs. Robinson" homes. As modeled, in two (or maybe all three) of the homes, the master bed or bath looks into the secondary bed or bath window. The neighbors certainly have an opportunity for an eye-full. Somebody at Lennar must own a company that makes privacy windows.

Does Anyone know the status of the unsold plan 1 on winding way? The status for plan 1 on Lennar's website is now temporarily sold out.

I think it sold. I think that Lennar dropped the price of that albatros to get rid of it. Meanwhile, the subsequent phase has long since sold out as well. The question at this time is "when" will the next phase (probably on Paperbark) be released.. and what will it cost... and as inflation/credit problems mount, how many people with bags of gold will be left standing that can afford it?

Back