Woodbury Apts

kayochan

We are renting a place in Woodbury (Irvine Apt Community) and recently got a new neighbor.  They brought some gas compressed cylinders with them and now their windows are sealed up with aluminum foil.  I constantly smell pot and the other neighbors have seen people go in and out of the house. 

So my guess is that we may have a grow house next door?I looked up gas compressed cylinders, and I guess CO2 helps growth yields of the plants.  We (multiple neighbors) have complained to the apt management but nothing is being done.  Apparently, the apt communities were sold to a private equity firm and the service has gone downhill.  There 's only one office out of four apt communities in WB now.  They've also paired down the landscaping and maintenance to bare bones.  We have also all noticed that the type of people they are leasing to has gone down. 

My friend saids it is the sign of the times?as in the economy...

iacrenter said:
Call Irvine PD and let them pay a visit to your pot head neighbors.

I agree with this.  Irvine PD doesn't see this type of thing as often as other precincts and probably wouldn't mind going in making a bust.

On a separate note, sad to hear that some of the Woodbury Apartments are going downhill.  My Alma Mater :)

IrvineNinja said:
We are renting a place in Woodbury (Irvine Apt Community) and recently got a new neighbor.  They brought some gas compressed cylinders with them and now their windows are sealed up with aluminum foil.  I constantly smell pot and the other neighbors have seen people go in and out of the house.

Sounds like a meth lab. Seen any propane tanks or smell any other scents besides weed?

SoCal said:
IrvineNinja said:

Sounds like a meth lab. Seen any propane tanks or smell any other scents besides weed?

I hope it is not a meth lab. Those things are highly toxic and tend to blowup.

Here are some helpful links if you think it might be a meth lab:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/ider-al/TRNVR5LQCI6SL56ML
http://bainbridgega.com/decatur/MethLabSigns.shtml

Well, the management got the neighbors to take down the aluminum foil and start putting their trash bins in the garage.  They never followed up with me so I called them and the girl that answered basically told me to call the police for anything else.  Two other neighbors already called the police and I guess they can't do anything due to privacy laws (i.e. they can't just barge into their house).  I don't know what else we can do. 

We still have the strong green smell (smells like skunk) in our place coming from the connecting wall vent.  Sometimes it is so strong that it emanates throughout the entire townhouse. 

One other thing about this complex. They are no longer allowing any residents to park on the street.  They will tow if we do.  The problem with that is that the garages are so small, we can't do laundry with both cars parked in the garage.  Also, if both cars are in the garage, then I can't open my car door. 

Just had the management people come and inspect our garage.  We showed them how tight it was to park both cars and I had to sit in the car during inspection because I couldn't get out of the car (too tight, my door wouldnt' open all the way).  The management told us that the rule states as long as we can park two cars in the garage, we can't get the special parking permit to park on the street.  I said even if I can't get out of my car?  And they just repeated the rules.  So I guess they expect me to climb through the hatch back?  Good grief...

IrvineNinja said:
One other thing about this complex. They are no longer allowing any residents to park on the street.  They will tow if we do.  The problem with that is that the garages are so small, we can't do laundry with both cars parked in the garage.  Also, if both cars are in the garage, then I can't open my car door. 

Just had the management people come and inspect our garage.  We showed them how tight it was to park both cars and I had to sit in the car during inspection because I couldn't get out of the car (too tight, my door wouldnt' open all the way).  The management told us that the rule states as long as we can park two cars in the garage, we can't get the special parking permit to park on the street.  I said even if I can't get out of my car?  And they just repeated the rules.  So I guess they expect me to climb through the hatch back?  Good grief...

Stop complaining. You get to live in your beloved irvine. If you want a real garage move to Tustin :)

woodburyowner said:
How big is the garage?  20x20? 

Not sure of the actual dimensions of the garage.  Two small cars would fit but no go if you have an SUV.  This rule amounts to an implicit restriction on the dimensions of a renter's car(s).  I hope they are making that clear to potential renters.

Also, I asked about laundry - since you can't do laundry with both cars parked in the garage (even with two smaller cars), and the management said you can park on the street for a short time to do laundry.  Well, what if you have multiple loads that can take up most of the afternoon?  Do we need to limit our dirty clothes?  Perhaps we should start wearing the same clothes at least twice per week or more? 

Seriously, they need to rethink this "rule."

qwerty said:
IrvineNinja said:

Stop complaining. You get to live in your beloved irvine. If you want a real garage move to Tustin :)

Yeah, yeah, I know.  This type of stuff gets my blood boiling esp, since the rent is so high for what you get.  But I guess all must trump the privilege of living in beautiful Irvine (no sarc intended). ;)

Sounds like you live in Woodbury Place. Move to the Ladera floor plan. It looks like a little more garage space than the standard setup.

woodburyplace-theladera.jpg

Back