Wood floor estimate reasonable?

Paris167

For all with experience on wood flooring I just got an estimate for engineered hardwood flooring through the design center
About 2000 sqft for $15k. Does that sound reasonable? I'd like to avoid the hassle of doing it after COE if it's fairly reasonable.
Thx for your input.

In my opinion, there are too many variables to be able to say whether or not 7.50/sq. foot is reasonable, as it depends on the type of engineered hardwood that you'd be getting.

However, to provide you with a frame of comparison, we had our hardwoods installed by Venetian Flooring Systems back in July of 2013 and paid $12.00/sq. ft. for Urban Floor's Villa Caprisi line, which has the 9.5" wide planks. We shopped around at 4 or 5 of other vendors that carried Urban Floor's Villa Caprisi line, and they all came in at about that price.

It purely depends on what type of woods you selected.  I got the same 2,000 sqft quote through design center and they asked me to pay 36K.  (The woods were Provenza Old World Warm Sand).  I did some research before design center visit, so it was a no-brainer not using them, so I did flooring after closing.  For the same sqft and the same line-up, I ended up paying 23K.

Sorry I didn't specify - the quote was for pacific treasures maple newport beach - 1/2in thick and 5in wide planks engineered wood.

That's a pretty good price, especially through the builder.  I went with Pacific Treasures Carlsbad Beach flooring, and we ended up paying ~$9/sq ft installed including the demolition of existing tile.  For 1200 sq ft we paid $11K with Venetian Flooring.  Of course our design center was asking for $18K with a similar quality engineered hardwood.  Just FYI after living with the floors for 4 months, they are pretty soft and scratch easily.  We have a much darker finish than you are looking for which makes the scratches easier to see, but if I had to do it over again, I would consider going with a higher quality wood floor.  If this is the wood that you want, the price is good.

1. does it include stair?
2. how big is your house?  for 2000 sqrt, your house must be over 3000 sqrt.

yaliu07 said:

It doesn't include stairs and it's maybe a bit under 2000sqft.

But is that type of wood "Pacific treasures" cheap? How can I tell what's good quality wood floors? I need something durable because I've got young kids with a lot of toys that will scratch my floors  :-\

And I want a darker finish as well so need some advice asap. Anyone know what "make" or what I should look for to indicate good quality??

Paris167 said:
yaliu07 said:

It doesn't include stairs and it's maybe a bit under 2000sqft.

But is that type of wood "Pacific treasures" cheap? How can I tell what's good quality wood floors? I need something durable because I've got young kids with a lot of toys that will scratch my floors  :-\

And I want a darker finish as well so need some advice asap. Anyone know what "make" or what I should look for to indicate good quality??

is your house over 3000 sqrt?  because usually people dont install wood floor in bathroom and kitchen area.  if your house is only 2000 sqrt, then "wood area" will probably be around 1300 sqrt.

Back