woman begging in restaurant

yaliu07 said:
saw a woman with a baby begging outside 99 ranch market @Jeffery + Walnut.  This woman is Non-Asian and Non-White.

I was walking around the plaza and noticed a cop stopped by.  The cop spoke with the woman for couple minutes and then the woman left.

That's most likely the same woman I've been calling the cops on.  She generally hangs out in the center divider.  The cops should know her pretty well. 

The only time I feel I need to call the cops if she has small children with her.  I draw the line on exploiting toddlers & infants for pan-handling. 

yaliu07 said:
saw a woman with a baby begging outside 99 ranch market @Jeffery + Walnut.  This woman is Non-Asian and Non-White.

I was walking around the plaza and noticed a cop stopped by.  The cop spoke with the woman for couple minutes and then the woman left.

is it her?  shot at 1:30PM today at Walnut/Jeffrey.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 484
Ted Cruz is right - I've never seen one either, although I've seen lots of veterans begging on the street (I'm talking to you, Pat Star...  Who really deserves to be honored in a Great Park Cemetery?)

Ted Cruz: 'I don't think I've ever seen an Hispanic panhandler'

Business Insider
By Colin Campbell

Presidential candidate and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said on Wednesday that he has never seen a Hispanic person begging for money on the street.

"I don't think I've ever seen an Hispanic panhandler. And the reason is: In our community it would be shameful to be begging on the street," Cruz said, recalling a conversation he once had with a Latino businessman on the topic.

Cruz, who is of Cuban descent, made the point while speaking in Washington at a question-and-answer session with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.

He used the example to argue the Republican Party should be able to compete for the Latino vote. Hispanics, Cruz said, share many of the same values that are championed by GOP leaders.

"I think the Hispanic community is a fundamentally conservative community. If you look at the values that resonate in our community, they're faith, family, patriotism, hard work," Cruz said. "Now if you want people to work their fingers to their bone, hard work, you'll have Hispanic men and women lining up to work hard to provide for their families. Those are all conservative values."

WTTCHMN said:
Ted Cruz is right - I've never seen one either, although I've seen lots of veterans begging on the street (I'm talking to you, Pat Star...  Who really deserves to be honored in a Great Park Cemetery?)

Ted Cruz: 'I don't think I've ever seen an Hispanic panhandler'

Business Insider
By Colin Campbell

Presidential candidate and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said on Wednesday that he has never seen a Hispanic person begging for money on the street.

"I don't think I've ever seen an Hispanic panhandler. And the reason is: In our community it would be shameful to be begging on the street," Cruz said, recalling a conversation he once had with a Latino businessman on the topic.

Cruz, who is of Cuban descent, made the point while speaking in Washington at a question-and-answer session with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.

He used the example to argue the Republican Party should be able to compete for the Latino vote. Hispanics, Cruz said, share many of the same values that are championed by GOP leaders.

"I think the Hispanic community is a fundamentally conservative community. If you look at the values that resonate in our community, they're faith, family, patriotism, hard work," Cruz said. "Now if you want people to work their fingers to their bone, hard work, you'll have Hispanic men and women lining up to work hard to provide for their families. Those are all conservative values."

Also, if you buy a bag oranges from a Hispanic on a road median, it is less likely he will use the money to buy drugs as is probably the case with a panhandler.

This is pretty crazy, but I just had a surreal experience with a older woman begging.  I was in Culver Plaza waiting to pickup someone, and when I got tired of waiting and walked to my car to leave, this woman followed me to my car, asked me for money, and then tried to get into my car!  She was like "can I have money?", and then "can I go with you?"  Thankfully I only unlocked the driver door, or else I would have possibly had to forcibly remove a person from my car.  I still can't believe that actually happened, it was so surreal that I had to question my sanity, like "did that just happen? WTF!"  ??? Woman was wearing a pink top, had a rolling bag, and is most likely latina.  Be aware out there folks!  This is one aggressive panhandler or very troubled person.

jayl23 said:
This is pretty crazy, but I just had a surreal experience with a older woman begging.  I was in Culver Plaza waiting to pickup someone, and when I got tired of waiting and walked to my car to leave, this woman followed me to my car, asked me for money, and then tried to get into my car!  She was like "can I have money?", and then "can I go with you?"  Thankfully I only unlocked the driver door, or else I would have possibly had to forcibly remove a person from my car.  I still can't believe that actually happened, it was so surreal that I had to question my sanity, like "did that just happen? WTF!"  ??? Woman was wearing a pink top, had a rolling bag, and is most likely latina.  Be aware out there folks!  This is one aggressive panhandler or very troubled person.

Kinda sounds like a hooker?

maybe she "works" in Irvine and just wants a ride back home to Foothill Ranch.

jayl23 said:

jayl23 said:

My google fu for pink top sort of latina came up with this:

f5966860a543832c73a7e4d4c0a7d2f3.jpg

I was in California Gogi at the Uni Center and got hit up by one with her daughter.

Don't know if giving her money is just enabling her but I felt bad.

Take a picture of her, post it here.  Give her $5 for her time.
Then we'll have a record of Irvine beggars here.

Consider it a community good, like those Neighborhood watch signs.

Or we can debate why this is a good or bad idea.  let me start.
I think beggars decrease the value of Irvine, and should be bussed out to Corona/Santa Ana...or whatever lower tier city will take them.

zubs said:
Take a picture of her, post it here.  Give her $5 for her time.
Then we'll have a record of Irvine beggars here.

Take a picture WITH her.  Me and IHO will give you 5 dollars too.  :)

Hey guys, not an Irvine resident but something I witnessed last Friday really bothered me enough to do a google search this morning (a week later).

My family and I formed a new yearly tradition of visiting Tanaka Farms in October. After visiting the pumpkin patch we grab lunch at the plaza on Jeffery and Walnut Ave (Ranch 99 parking lot).

There was a gypsy lady there with her baby, begging for money on the median at the light. Baby was probably less than a year old in her arms...not responsive.

Here's the thing..as being an annual trip we saw the SAME exact lady in 2014 with a DIFFERENT baby! Same spot, same everything!

I knew what she was, a gypsy, and it disgusted me that she was exploiting these babies, out in the sweltering heat...for money. I was so disgusted by it last time that I saw it that I had called the police. Looks like NOTHING happened since then. People waiting at the light in front of me gave her $10's, $5's. I wanted to honk my horn and tell them to stop. When it was my turn she gave me her best 'begging' expression and I responded with my own 'go to hell' expression. This time I didn't call the police because I felt like, "whats the point..."  The real kicker was that as we turned left to get back on the 5 and leave Irvine, we immediately saw an irvine squad car. He was too busy writing a ticket for a car they had pulled over. Probably for something stupid. But I am POSITIVE that the police knows she's there. How else is she allowed to be in the same begging spot so many times, being witnessed by so many people in this thread..so predictable in her locations, yet the cops haven't been able to "find" her? Ridiculous!

Do you remember last weekend? Remember how insanely HOT it was? I think at 11am temps were already in the upper 90's and were well over 100 degrees by early afternoon. What were you doing? ...think about it...

we need to those kids off the street and can't let people like her think she can keep doing this. Plus she is similar to a con-artist..having hard working people who earned their money hand it over time after time.

I've heard stories about gypsies, especially the ones with kids. You know how the kids always happen to be sleeping? Well that's not a coincidence. They are drugged. Yes, you heard me...

Back