Willow Heights in Diamond Bar

mchow81

http://www.lennar.com/New-Homes/California/Los-Angeles-Valencia/Diamond-Bar/Willow-Heights/sage-at-Willow-Heights?utm_source=eblast&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ochlen%20lsa%20willowheights%20salesreleaseannouncement

What is everyone's thought on this new community in DB? I'm considering to this neighborhood instead of waiting around for BP or Eastwood in Irvine. Anyone know more about the market and schools in the area?

I grew up in Diamond Bar and that is just about 1/2 miles from the high school.  Overall the location it's very convenient to the 57S interchange and also you can take the surface street Brea Canyon into Brea if there's traffic.  I think the price is decent considering what older homes already sell for in DB.  It's also very close to HMart on Diamond Bar Blvd if distance to the local market is important.  However, if you work in Irvine be forewarned that the 57 South traffic in the mornings is horrendous.  It may be only about 25 miles into Irvine, but it'll be a killer commute for sure.

Forgot to answer your question about the schools - would be Evergreen Elementary, South Pointe Middle (I believe) and Diamond Bar HS.  They are all great schools.  DBHS is ranked 40th in Cali according to US News.  There was a lot of suburban wannabe gangsters when I went there, but it's gotten a lot better I've heard from friends with younger siblings who currently attend it. 

residence 2 and three are well executed for 2,000 sq ft. plan 3 in particular has 4 bedrooms plus loft. nice.

I travel around for work so I just need to be close to an airport. Living in Irvine was great since it's an easy commute  to SNA.

I definitely like plan 3 the most. 4 br plus a loft is exactly what I'm looking for. However 2000 Sqft means everything is scaled down. This is a gated community so it's abother plus.

Compared to Irvine, I noticed the area doesn't have as many parks and green space.

Back