Will Irvine ever shed it's "boring" label?

IrvineOnTheWknds

I didn't grow up in southern california, so I don't understand the long running assumption that Irvine is very vanilla and "boring".  Obviously, irvine has changed so much in the past decade but not exactly sure why people think (or thought) irvine is such a boring place?

It's always been one of the safest places to live, and the amount of new construction probably rivals anywhere in the US (Granted, there is and was space to build here unlike other areas like newport beach, etc). But what exactly constitutes this boring reputation?

Chain restaurants?
Mostly white residents with lack of diversity?
Safe city?
Lack of Arts or edgy vibe in terms of entertainment options?
No beach?

Anyhow, obviously there's been so many new restaurants within irvine (Granted, many are asian ) and the overall population has obviously gotten much more diverse with the persian and asian influx, the spectrum mall has been a welcome addition and thus I'm just wondering if many people who have lived or visited irvine recently would still classify Irvine as a "Boring" city?

What do you think Irvine needs to do to shed this label or do you think it will always be categorized, for whatever reason as "Boring"?

It's a lot better nowadays with more places open later in the night. But back in the day, you get everything closed around 9PM and it was a ghost town. Plus, there was nothing to do on weekends. Gets "boring" after awhile when all you can do is hangout at a few select open areas like the spectrum.

Back