Why TI is stale and how to fix it

OpenSky said:
A meetup would be great. Any suggestions?

You mean other than meeting at open houses? One thing I learnt from college parties is that the one thing that 90% of people have in common is drinking so if you want to be all inclusive you meet for drinks.

I wouldn't mind basketball - but I'm not the best at it.

paperboyNC said:
OpenSky said:
A meetup would be great. Any suggestions?

You mean other than meeting at open houses? One thing I learnt from college parties is that the one thing that 90% of people have in common is drinking so if you want to be all inclusive you meet for drinks.

I wouldn't mind basketball - but I'm not the best at it.

Bball sounds good... I wanna be oh IHO, IR, and Coleman's team!

On IHB commenting is usually disabled.  We could just add a link "comment/discuss it on TalkIrvine"...

If the discussion here is stale, we can discuss other topics like, how to be a prepper in Irvine, how to install rain water collection barrels and hide it from the HOA, what canned foods have better shelf life, emergency ration options for those with diabetes, where to buy bulk grains locally, how to prepare meals when utilities are cut-off in an emergency, edible plants that you can forage around Irvine, etc.

irvinehomeowner said:
@OCgasman:

No one is going to change the world with TI, but I do think that would-be buyers (and sellers) do get enough information from this site that is useful to them. Just the various contractor referrals are big help to me... a single ZeroLot vetting post is more valuable than gold!

Awww ... thank you!!!  ;D  All these awesome compliments makes me want to bear hug all of you!!  I'll definitely have the little Zerolots offer free lemonade and cookies to all the TI folks during the summer! 

I just found an entire box of Ghirardelli cookie dough during the move.  So LOTS of chocolate chip cookies coming soon.  :)

ZeroLot said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@OCgasman:

No one is going to change the world with TI, but I do think that would-be buyers (and sellers) do get enough information from this site that is useful to them. Just the various contractor referrals are big help to me... a single ZeroLot vetting post is more valuable than gold!

Awww ... thank you!!!  ;D  All these awesome compliments makes me want to bear hug all of you!!  I'll definitely have the little Zerolots offer free lemonade and cookies to all the TI folks during the summer! 

I just found an entire box of Ghirardelli cookie dough during the move.  So LOTS of chocolate chip cookies coming soon.  :)

Cooking expired cookies to pass out?  Now I definitely know your ethnicity!

Yes, ZeroLot and other referrals are always very beneficial!  I like having people spend time doing research that helps me as well.  A lot of people on here are anal and research things to much depth so it's appreciated.

There are always ups and downs with this forum.  Sometimes I am surprised about the things that people say on a community board.  The 50-60 page Chinese bashing thread almost made me quit as it should have never gone places it went.  Freedom of speech? Yes, but this isn't a troll forum, it's a forum for a small section within Orange County (A community)!

I like the wild west feel of this forum.  Almost everything is allowed, and we can do it anonymously.
~Using FB to login will cause posters to post less
~Admin censorship will cause posters to post less
~Allow people to post whatever they want, and let the community decide if it's good or bad.

Allowing posters to write whatever racist shit they want lets the reader see all the information.  Then the reader can decide what and who to believe.  The trolling posts and racist posts are great.  Keep em coming.

zubs said:
I like the wild west feel of this forum.  Almost everything is allowed, and we can do it anonymously.
~Using FB to login will cause posters to post less
~Admin censorship will cause posters to post less
~Allow people to post whatever they want, and let the community decide if it's good or bad.

Allowing posters to write whatever racist shit they want lets the reader see all the information.  Then the reader can decide what and who to believe.  The trolling posts and racist posts are great.  Keep em coming.
Yeah... just as long as the members who criticize can also take criticism without having to run off.

It's easier to take criticism when you are anonymous. 
It's easier to give criticism when no one know who u r.
It's easier to write a lot of shit when you don't care who reads it.
It's easier to write a lot of shit when you don't care who gets hurt.

So I don't want to know any of you. 
So I can write my shit w/o your influence
And my shit will be pure
Pure shit.

Coleman said:

Yes, ZeroLot and other referrals are always very beneficial!  I like having people spend time doing research that helps me as well.  A lot of people on here are anal and research things to much depth so it's appreciated.

There are always ups and downs with this forum.  Sometimes I am surprised about the things that people say on a community board.  The 50-60 page Chinese bashing thread almost made me quit as it should have never gone places it went.  Freedom of speech? Yes, but this isn't a troll forum, it's a forum for a small section within Orange County (A community)!

I offer home-made cookies from EXPENSIVE UNexpired $5/box of cookie dough and I get accused of being cheap??

And I get called anal all in the same sentence?

Someone, virtual smack Coleman for me!

Before you smack him, I think that was short for analytical.  So, probably was a compliment.  :p

ZeroLot said:
Coleman said:

I offer home-made cookies from EXPENSIVE UNexpired $5/box of cookie dough and I get accused of being cheap??

irvinehusky said:
Before you smack him, I think that was short for analytical.  So, probably was a compliment.  :p

ZeroLot said:
Coleman said:

I like IrvineHusky!  Definitely meant analytic in the most positive way. 

They were all compliments ZeroLot!  The joke about expired came from "finding them" during a move as we have all said, "Oh! I've been looking for this" while moving.  (I hope, :) )

I guess I don't get cookies. 
:'(

I'll take all the blame, my lack of mass posting has made TI stale....I promise to increase my posting now that tax season is over.  :p

USCTrojanCPA said:
I'll take all the blame, my lack of mass posting has made TI stale....I promise to increase my posting now that tax season is over.  :p

But when tax season ends, track season starts.

Coleman said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

But when tax season ends, track season starts.
Only until it gets too hot (late June through late Sept) and that's when it's selling season in real estate. 

Back