Who's buying?

bones said:
Paris said:
Everyone's needs are different but I love Irvine which is why we live here  :)

Hate to admit it but this is us too.  We have zero reasons to live in Irvine.  And not a single tie.  But we do & everytime we keep wanting to move out, I get sucked back in.  But one day, I will quit Irvine :)

^^ THIS ^^ I have said the exact same thing, verbatim. Keep getting sucked back in, but one day we will quit! lol

JBean72 said:
bones said:
Paris said:

Hate to admit it but this is us too.  We have zero reasons to live in Irvine.  And not a single tie.  But we do & everytime we keep wanting to move out, I get sucked back in.  But one day, I will quit Irvine :)

^^ THIS ^^ I have said the exact same thing, verbatim. Keep getting sucked back in, but one day we will quit! lol

65?

I want to move out right when my second kid goes to college (hope both kids will go ;)).. then try to downsize and move coastal. 

Allow me to recommend the last coastal canyon.

jmoney74 said:
JBean72 said:
bones said:
Paris said:

65?

I want to move out right when my second kid goes to college (hope both kids will go ;)).. then try to downsize and move coastal. 

Paris said:
WTTCHMN said:
Paris said:
Perspective said:
Doctors and lawyers have a high propensity to be what "The Millionaire Next Door" terms "under accumulators of wealth." Many can have very high incomes with very poor levels of wealth relative to their income.

Generally speaking true but I know many physicians with a fairly high net worth but usually these are not your regular salaried physicians - they are the ones with businesses, rental properties, a good diversification of wealth that optimizes their net positive cash flow in addition to what they make practicing. The younger generations of professionals seem to be more financially savvy than their older counterparts.

Or maybe they just marry firemen or marines who are more financially savvy than them.  ;)

Excuse me, don't put down firemen and members of the military because when your million dollar home is surrounded by a wildfire or ISIS is at your front door those "heroes" are the first people we all turn to. I'm very proud of my husband's military service to this country - it allows you to live within the safety net of your little protected bubbled Irvine world under the protection of the strongest military force in the world. So have a little respect for the military, they sacrifice their life, limbs, family life to protect us.

And for your information my husband is now in corporate finance making a lot more than me and he is extremely financially savvy (which is why we live comfortably below our means)  ;)

Who's putting down firemen and the military?  Certainly not me.  If anything, I was complementing them for being more financially savvy than physicians  like you.

You need to stop and think before flying off the handle, just like what happened in your road rage incident. 

WTTCHMN said:
Paris said:
WTTCHMN said:
Paris said:
Perspective said:
Doctors and lawyers have a high propensity to be what "The Millionaire Next Door" terms "under accumulators of wealth." Many can have very high incomes with very poor levels of wealth relative to their income.

Generally speaking true but I know many physicians with a fairly high net worth but usually these are not your regular salaried physicians - they are the ones with businesses, rental properties, a good diversification of wealth that optimizes their net positive cash flow in addition to what they make practicing. The younger generations of professionals seem to be more financially savvy than their older counterparts.

Or maybe they just marry firemen or marines who are more financially savvy than them.  ;)

Excuse me, don't put down firemen and members of the military because when your million dollar home is surrounded by a wildfire or ISIS is at your front door those "heroes" are the first people we all turn to. I'm very proud of my husband's military service to this country - it allows you to live within the safety net of your little protected bubbled Irvine world under the protection of the strongest military force in the world. So have a little respect for the military, they sacrifice their life, limbs, family life to protect us.

And for your information my husband is now in corporate finance making a lot more than me and he is extremely financially savvy (which is why we live comfortably below our means)  ;)

Who's putting down firemen and the military?  Certainly not me.  If anything, I was complementing them for being more financially savvy than physicians  like you.

You need to stop and think before flying off the handle, just like what happened in your road rage incident.

next thing you know.. Marine husband is going to threaten to shoot you.

Paris said:
WTTCHMN said:
Paris said:
Perspective said:

It's very unfortunate that illegals are getting treated better than our vets.

To me, La Canada will always be associated with where Rodney King, a resident of Altadena, got beaten down by the LAPD (on the shoulder of the 210) a few miles north of La Canada.  I was at a NASA function a few weeks afterwards in nearby Tujunga and all the black people at the function were very shaken by the beating and were afraid they'd be next.

All of the 30 yr old physicians on this board would have been watching Barney and Teleubbies at the time.

"Can we all just ... get along?"

jmoney74 said:
JBean72 said:
bones said:
Paris said:

65?

65?  God I hope not.  Hope to be out way earlier than that.

JBean72 said:
bones said:
Paris said:

No one quits Irvine... unless they prefer the ghetto.

#LookingAtQwerxican

Paris said:
WTTCHMN said:
Paris said:
Perspective said:

Um, that was a bit of an overreaction, no? A bit sensitive in this area?

Perspective said:
Paris said:
WTTCHMN said:
Paris said:
Perspective said:

A little bit over the top? (we are use to it)

Real Housewives of OH?!  In fairness to Paris, that eyesore front landscaping on her road is enough to send anyone over the edge.

Perspective said:
Paris said:
WTTCHMN said:
Paris said:
Perspective said:

No, not an over reaction. A genuine reaction from a military family to a statement made with a demeaning sarcastic tone that undermines the intelligence of people like firemen and military personnel. You think that comment was to applaud the financial savvy of firemen and marines?
These people deserve our respect period for all of their sacrifice so absolutely I am sensitive in reacting to people that show disrespect for them.

Paris said:
Perspective said:
Paris said:
WTTCHMN said:
Paris said:
Perspective said:

No, not an over reaction. A genuine reaction from a military family to a statement made with a demeaning sarcastic tone that undermines the intelligence of people like firemen and military personnel. You think that comment was to applaud the financial savvy of firemen and marines?
These people deserve our respect period for all of their sacrifice so absolutely I am sensitive in reacting to people that show disrespect for them.

Rightttyyy

All I'll say about firefighters, is that there's a long wait list for this public employee job, yet the compensation is very high and the pensions absolutely insane. That doesn't make sense.

As for vets, I'm someone who thinks our military industrial complex is maybe ten-times too large and preys on the young lower-socio-economic demographic. Any disparaging comments I make should be understood as shots directed toward the military industrial complex.

Perspective said:
the compensation is very high and the pensions absolutely insane. That doesn't make sense.
Unions ... it doesn't have to make sense.  The unions just want everyone to be able to afford to live in Irvine, not just the FCBs.

Happiness said:
Perspective said:
the compensation is very high and the pensions absolutely insane. That doesn't make sense.
Unions ... it doesn't have to make sense.  The unions just want everyone to be able to afford to live in Irvine, not just the FCBs.

That's pretty ridiculous.  Firefighting is an insanely difficult job that requires skill, top physical conditioning and stamina, and constant threats of danger.  There is a long waiting list because many people think they can do it but only a few qualify.  The high salaries are necessary to attract and keep top level talent, which is what you need and want from firefighters.

Perspective said:
As for vets, I'm someone who thinks our military industrial complex is maybe ten-times too large and preys on the young lower-socio-economic demographic. Any disparaging comments I make should be understood as shots directed toward the military industrial complex.
Agree.  No disrespect to our vets, but the system.  re. ISIS, they're a consequence of our meddling in the region in the first place.  We had no business going into Iraq.

Jonah said:
Perspective said:
Agree.  No disrespect to our vets, but the system.  re. ISIS, they're a consequence of our meddling in the region in the first place.  We had no business going into Iraq.

You can distinguish between veterans and government.  You can respect what vets do and how they put their lives on the line to protect others while disagreeing with governmental policies and decisions. 

Back