Who dresses up for Halloween at work?

Do you dress up for Halloween at work?

• Yes, every year.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Nevarrrr!

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sometimes, if I have a good costume idea.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Only for the work Halloween party.

• Not at work but for trick or treating with the kids or a friends/family Halloween party.

• Other (please explain if you can)

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
eyephone said:
SoCal said:
Reviving for 2016.

My boss asked me to dress up. Be careful what you wish for. Being a middle-aged, blond, Caucasian woman has its advantages this year. I went to the party store today, looking for a last-minute Hillary Clinton mask to pair with an orange jumpsuit. They were sold out of Clintons. Tough luck. Ended up getting something almost as scary...

Becareful what you wish for. No trade will increase the price of almost everything. Then add the US union workers which will add additional costs.
#thiscandyfromlastyeartastesfunny

So wasn't going to dress up this year, but I think I'll put something together... I remember the first time I dressed up years ago I went as Arnold the Terminator.

Did some hot glue gun stuff again for the kids... I really love that foam paperboard at Jo-Anns/Michaels. It comes in all different colors and looks like cloth/leather/plastic so you can make almost anything out of it. Made a belt and a sword harness (kids are into Anime and superheroes).

Kids are going to their own parties tonight so we'll be passing out candy.

Iho, are the ideas off Pinterest or did you come up with them all on your own?

Nice work putting everything together. I  think homemade costumes are the best.

Wishing I had planned things out better like Iho. Wanted Mr. SoCal to be the FBI agent to my Hillary. However, ran out of time to find an ugly pantsuit, etc. Instead, I'm at my desk now, dressed head to toe as a whacked out liberal, circa 1970 / a.k.a. hippie / flowerchild, complete with rose-colored glasses. Roach clip not included.

SoCal said:
Iho, are the ideas off Pinterest or did you come up with them all on your own?

Nice work putting everything together. I  think homemade costumes are the best.

The kids decide and they make some of it and I make some of it.

We just look at pictures of the characters and do what we can. Had to buy a cape and gloves, some t-shirts, borrowed a jacket and glue gunned foam paper for the rest.

I spent Halloween night with the elderly. It was cute how much they enjoyed seeing me dressed up. It's easy to forget that Oct. 31st is just another day for them. There are no kids T.O.T.'ing inside their community. Heck, for most of them, even their grandkids are grown up. Life has moved on without them. So, although I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween, it was fun to brighten their day by bringing Halloween to them. They consider me a "kid" and one old lady even made me a package with Halloween treats.

2017 time!!!

Re-reading this thread, so does your IUSD school allow costumes? I think ours does again this year.

Kids are older, but still dressing up... I got lucky this year, they bought most of their stuff... I may have to do some hot gluing tonight for accessories they couldn't find at the store. We tried to go to Spirit Halloween in the District on Saturday... bad time to go, everyone had parties that night so the line went all the way around the store and they didn't have very much.  Costume Castle in Lake Forest, while priced pretty high, has lots of inventory and until Nov 1, they have a 15% coupon online (but you have to print it out as they don't accept it via mobile phones).

I also bought something for myself to wear this year (very hard to find IHO-sized costumes)... will be giving out candy again since the kids are going with their friends on their own (no more parental helicoptering for us for 2 years in row now although I enjoy the walking around and seeing all the different costumes and houses).

I don't think it's going to be busy tomorrow night, being a Tuesday, so need to buy candy that we will want as I'm sure there will be leftovers like last year. I was thinking about doing full-size candy (isn't that was the 1%ers do?) but I don't think I have time to do a Costco run.

irvinehomeowner said:
I also bought something for myself to wear this year (very hard to find IHO-sized costumes)...

Iho -- Amazon has a sheer ton (no pun intended) of plus sized costumes for men! Something to keep in mind for the future.

My Rabid Orangutan last year was a hit. For 2017, let's just say....."That's the way the news goes!"

SGIP - (C-137)

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I also bought something for myself to wear this year (very hard to find IHO-sized costumes)...

Iho -- Amazon has a sheer ton (no pun intended) of plus sized costumes for men! Something to keep in mind for the future.

I need plus plus plus!!

As I've said before, buying attire (Halloween or not) online is hit or miss. I've even bought t-shirts in the same size but vary widely in fit.

irvinehomeowner said:
I need plus plus plus!!

As I've said before, buying attire (Halloween or not) online is hit or miss. I've even bought t-shirts in the same size but vary widely in fit.

Prime + free returns + same-day refund processing makes it pretty easy, though. Buy 2 or 3 sizes. Keep what you want. Send the rest back. Costumes are more forgiving than street clothes as they can have drawstrings, ties, jersey knit, robes, loose silhouettes, etc. You only need 1. And anyone / your wife can drop off the return for you. Just a thought. (I buy 100% of my clothing online. Week-long shipping, return shipping costs, delayed c.c. processing. It sucks but it's worth it.)

Back