Which SFR were you most impressed with at the Groves based on price?

OCgasman

I think we're all in agreement that all the homes on the gated side of OH are overpriced.  But for those of you who looked at most/all of them, which builder or more specifically which plan did you like best for the price.  Not talking grandest, most luxurious, cuz Trevi wins on that criteria, but what plan worked best for what you're personally looking for in a home and why.  Just curious on people's opinion.

vicenza plan 1... for some odd reason.  two separated living areas really works out for my lifestyle.. I can play with my son in one living area while my wife entertains her friends..

Homer_Simpson said:
vicenza plan 1... for some odd reason.  two separated living areas really works out for my lifestyle.. I can play with my son in one living area while my wife entertains her friends..

DAT LYFE!

Based on floorplans, Messina Plan 2.

Cheapest Grove with:

- 3CTG
- Separate Dining
- Courtyard (<-- not really a must have but nice)
- Huge upstairs bonus room
- 4 brs upstairs in addition to the bonus room
- 1.5 bathrooms downstairs

La Vita is the only product offering worth buying at OH.  Everything else at OH is just more of the same.

1) Outstanding Italian Tuscan architecture and floor plans.
2) Motor courts cement the upscale feel since your driveway isn't directly off the main road.
3) Almost all of the lots are view lots.

test said:
La Vita is the only product offering worth buying at OH.  Everything else at OH is just more of the same.

2) Motor courts cement the upscale feel since your driveway isn't directly off the main road.
I read your cut and paste before on the La Vita thread.  Not sure if you're being sarcastic about the motorcourt.  The motorcourt sucks and will cause parking issues on the street for owners and guests.  And are you talking about the view...into the apartments below? 

I do like the floor plans tho.  Actually like them a lot.  But that stupid decision to make them into motorcourts will bite Brookfield in the ass.  Maybe it was the only way to maximize density based on the narrow strip of land they received to build, but really dumb.  Who would buy that?!

To me, Vicenza, Messina and Saviero are grouped together based on size/price.  Even the floor plans have more in common than differences.  Comes down to personal preference and what you're looking for in a home.  Personally, I don't like interior courtyards, but some ppl do.  Some ppl are wow'ed with 2 staircases, I'm ambivalent.  One thing I like a lot, but isn't mandatory is a dedicated sitting area in master bedroom suite, some ppl think it's a waste.  So on and so forth. 

Capella and Amelia/Trevi will cater to a different buyer due to size and price.  La Vita, I discount outright cuz of the retarded motorcourt.

OCgasman said:
test said:

I read your cut and paste before on the La Vita thread.  Not sure if you're being sarcastic about the motorcourt.  The motorcourt sucks and will cause parking issues on the street for owners and guests.  And are you talking about the view...into the apartments below? 

I do like the floor plans tho.  Actually like them a lot.  But that stupid decision to make them into motorcourts will bite Brookfield in the ass.  Maybe it was the only way to maximize density based on the narrow strip of land they received to build, but really dumb.  Who would buy that?!

To me, Vicenza, Messina and Saviero are grouped together based on size/price.  Even the floor plans have more in common than differences.  Comes down to personal preference and what you're looking for in a home.  Personally, I don't like interior courtyards, but some ppl do.  Some ppl are wow'ed with 2 staircases, I'm ambivalent.  One thing I like a lot, but isn't mandatory is a dedicated sitting area in master bedroom suite, some ppl think it's a waste.  So on and so forth. 

Capella and Amelia/Trevi will cater to a different buyer due to size and price.  La Vita, I discount outright cuz of the retarded motorcourt.

No worries bro.  I can see you're not accustomed to high end real estate (motor courts, multiple staircases, interior courtyards).

test said:
No worries bro.  I can see you're not accustomed to high end real estate (motor courts, multiple staircases, interior courtyards).

You're right of course.  I know nothing about hi end real estate.  My opinions couldn't possibly be because of personal preference and knowing different people value different elements in a home.  People should just bow down and take your word as gospel since you know everything and are most likely a Brookfield shill.  Douche.

OCgasman said:
You're right of course.  I know nothing about hi end real estate.  My opinions couldn't possibly be because of personal preference and knowing different people value different elements in a home.  People should just bow down and take your word as gospel since you know everything and are most likely a Brookfield shill.  Douche.

10177500_10154245260725515_1209159254510952213_n.jpg

test said:
OCgasman said:

10177500_10154245260725515_1209159254510952213_n.jpg

N?ener N?ener N?ener

Upside, inside out she's livin la vita loca
She'll push and pull you down, livin la vita loca

Attachments

• addtext_com_MjMwNjI0MjU0NTU.jpg
    addtext_com_MjMwNjI0MjU0NTU.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 103
OCgasman said:
I think we're all in agreement that all the homes on the gated side of OH are overpriced.  But for those of you who looked at most/all of them, which builder or more specifically which plan did you like best for the price.  Not talking grandest, most luxurious, cuz Trevi wins on that criteria, but what plan worked best for what you're personally looking for in a home and why.  Just curious on people's opinion.

I'll answer this question more truthfully once I've viewed most of the models. Having seen just Amelia and Trevi in person, I'm still a huge fan of Amelia plan 2. I'm awed by Trevi, but it's just waaaay too much for my sized household. Amelia plan 2 just works, the setup (courtyard, guesthouse) still works best for my needs, as did Grove plan 2 at Lambert Ranch. I'll make it out to see some of the other models on a less crowded weekday.

NYT said:
OCgasman said:

I'll answer this question more truthfully once I've viewed most of the models. Having seen just Amelia and Trevi in person, I'm still a huge fan of Amelia plan 2. I'm awed by Trevi, but it's just waaaay too much for my sized household. Amelia plan 2 just works, the setup (courtyard, guesthouse) still works best for my needs, as did Grove plan 2 at Lambert Ranch. I'll make it out to see some of the other models on a less crowded weekday.

Overpriced?  Yes for comparable homes.. but they aren't pricing it to be comparable to other homes in Irvine.  There is going to be a prestige factor.

jmoney74 said:
Overpriced?  Yes for comparable homes.. but they aren't pricing it to be comparable to other homes in Irvine.  There is going to be a prestige HILL+GATE factor.
That's what they are overpricing for.

irvinehomeowner said:
jmoney74 said:
Overpriced?  Yes for comparable homes.. but they aren't pricing it to be comparable to other homes in Irvine.  There is going to be a prestige HILL+GATE factor.

Gates won't stop these folks from showing up.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzBDH65PcDg[/youtube]

test said:
irvinehomeowner said:
jmoney74 said:

Gates won't stop these folks from showing up.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzBDH65PcDg[/youtube]

Thanks for the irrelevant post.

Back