Where will everyone shop?

Straight down the toll road to the Irvine MarketPlace and the District.  Less likely to head to Woodbury or Spectrum (which is parking hell after 5pm on a weekend). 

I loathe cupcakes.  ;D

Parking and driving in Woodbury town center is a such a pain. Have you ever parked in spots facing Wallgreens, there is no way you can back off without saying few bad words in your mouth, people dont show any respect or curtsey.

I hate going to woodbury town center.

The WTC is a beast to park in. However, the nice Home Depot, SportClips, LA Fitness and the house made pita bread at Garbanzo do make it better.  ;D

OC_relocation said:
Parking and driving in Woodbury town center is a such a pain. Have you ever parked in spots facing Wallgreens, there is no way you can back off without saying few bad words in your mouth, people dont show any respect or curtsey.

OC_relocation said:

And that's with two big anchor type spots (Staples and the adjacent space) out of commission. Can you imagine what it will be like if either of those vacancies become something interesting?

OC_relocation said:
Parking and driving in Woodbury town center is a such a pain. Have you ever parked in spots facing Walgreens, there is no way you can back off without saying few bad words in your mouth, people dont show any respect or curtsey.

well, to be fair, you're backing up into the one of the major entry roads into the town center and there is a constant stream of cars passing by. Why not just park a little further away and not hold up the traffic flow. I go to WTC all the time, and don't find the parking situation to be bad at all.  Now Culver Plaza, Jeffrey Walnut Plaza, and Heritage Plaza--those are bad!

nyc to oc said:
OC_relocation said:
Parking and driving in Woodbury town center is a such a pain. Have you ever parked in spots facing Walgreens, there is no way you can back off without saying few bad words in your mouth, people dont show any respect or curtsey.

well, to be fair, you're backing up into the one of the major entry roads into the town center and there is a constant stream of cars passing by. Why not just park a little further away and not hold up the traffic flow. I go to WTC all the time, and don't find the parking situation to be bad at all.  Now Culver Plaza, Jeffrey Walnut Plaza, and Heritage Plaza--those are bad!

Just cant help it when i see empty parking space, maybe they stay empty for a reason lol

SoCal said:
Happiness said:
You just dashed the dreams of a thousand wannabe Casey's with that post.

:) You're welcome. :D Remember, Kids, you can be ANYTHING you want to be when you grow up!... as long as you have the right last name. It's not what you know but who you know.  :)

Actually, it's what you know about who you know.  ;D

OC_relocation said:

Never really had an issue parking there. Tons of open spots.

TrojanChargerFan said:
An observation: With all of these homes and apartments going in around Stonegate, Portola Springs, Pavillion Park, Beacon Park, etc, where will everyone be shopping?

Woodbury Town Center is the only major shopping center in the area, and I don't see any others in any plans anywhere. It's going to be awfully crowded in that one shopping center soon if they don't do something. Any ideas about what's going on? Will additional retail be coming soon?

Where will everyone shop?  Cypress Village East.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3989.msg246421.html#msg246421

SoCal said:
jmoney74 said:
My question is.. how the f does casey's cupcakes stay in business? 

Because her family is filthy rich and can float her. Casey's mother and step-father, Kelly (n?e Reinhardt) and Duane Roberts are the owners of the historic Mission Inn in Riverside, which is also the home of the original Casey's Cupcakes. Her step-father is a multi-millionaire who also invented the frozen burrito. In addition to allowing his step-daughter to set up shop, he also gave his wife, Kelly, her own namesake spa and boutique at the Inn. If the name Reinhardt sounds familiar, that's because her brother is Doug Reinhardt, a former professional baseball player for the Angels and Baltimore Orioles turned sports agent. He has also been featured on the reality television show "The Hills".

And Casey was also on "Laguna Beach: The Real OC" for anyone who remembers back that far. Second season, I think. She was the obnoxious, super-rich "new girl" in town. She was memorable because she had a scene where she called down to her maid/cook to ask her to make her a quesadilla and bring it up to her bedroom to share with her friends. And the maid brought it up, and she was wearing a UNIFORM. Who makes their house staff wear a uniform???

And yes, Casey's cupcakes are SO bad. I generally boycott that place, but I had one a few days ago and it was awful.

traceimage said:
SoCal said:
jmoney74 said:

Because her family is filthy rich and can float her. Casey's mother and step-father, Kelly (n?e Reinhardt) and Duane Roberts are the owners of the historic Mission Inn in Riverside, which is also the home of the original Casey's Cupcakes. Her step-father is a multi-millionaire who also invented the frozen burrito. In addition to allowing his step-daughter to set up shop, he also gave his wife, Kelly, her own namesake spa and boutique at the Inn. If the name Reinhardt sounds familiar, that's because her brother is Doug Reinhardt, a former professional baseball player for the Angels and Baltimore Orioles turned sports agent. He has also been featured on the reality television show "The Hills".

And Casey was also on "Laguna Beach: The Real OC" for anyone who remembers back that far. Second season, I think. She was the obnoxious, super-rich "new girl" in town. She was memorable because she had a scene where she called down to her maid/cook to ask her to make her a quesadilla and bring it up to her bedroom to share with her friends. And the maid brought it up, and she was wearing a UNIFORM. Who makes their house staff wear a uniform???

And yes, Casey's cupcakes are SO bad. I generally boycott that place, but I had one a few days ago and it was awful.

The entire place smacks of a spoiled and egotistical girl with lots of money.

There's nothing wrong with Casey's alleged lifestyle if her family is willing and able to support her and enjoys doing so.  Isn't that why parents work so hard saving money so that their kids can access that money and have an easy life?

Happiness said:
There's nothing wrong with Casey's alleged lifestyle if her family is willing and able to support her and enjoys doing so.  Isn't that why parents work so hard saving money so that their kids can access that money and have an easy life?

No...your job as a parent should be teach your kids values, morals, to be independent, and how to be a good human being.  People confuse giving their kids money as a substitute...as a result you get spoiled bratty kids who see money and possession as the end goal, when it's just a part of life.

Warren Buffett understand this and gave his kids and grandkids nothing more than a paid education.

traceimage said:
SoCal said:
jmoney74 said:

Ahhh yes - I remember those episodes of LB Season 2 with her in it #cringeworthy
I'm sure the shop will eventually close, maybe they're just running the lease out ;) At least one can dream!

I was more shocked to see her cupcake shop replace Pinkberry at the Spectrum months ago.

That spectrum one is a joke, my daughter for some strange reason loves their cupcakes, we're standing in line and the register is tied up by some credit card mis charge issue.  The worker was so attentive to that one customer and didn't notice the line forming behind.  Another worker comes out to look at the register issue, and again didn't acknowledge the line forming and went back inside.  We walked out, lady in front of us followed us out and so did the rest of the line.  Way to go, that's well trained customer service right there.  Piss off 1 customer by overcharging and lose 3 customers by ignoring them.

ps9 said:
That spectrum one is a joke, my daughter for some strange reason loves their cupcakes, we're standing in line and the register is tied up by some credit card mis charge issue.  The worker was so attentive to that one customer and didn't notice the line forming behind.  Another worker comes out to look at the register issue, and again didn't acknowledge the line forming and went back inside.  We walked out, lady in front of us followed us out and so did the rest of the line.  Way to go, that's well trained customer service right there.  Piss off 1 customer by overcharging and lose 3 customers by ignoring them.

yet they are still there.. ugh.  Wish Sprinkles would open up down there since they are bringing in the Ice Cream soon.

Back