Where should we raise our family?

irvinehomeowner said:
Some people can deal with the commute.

I have a buddy who works in Irvine but lives in Las Flores (AKA West RSM). He admits the drive is horrible (sometime he takes the roundabout toll road way) but he loves his home and neighborhood. Plus it helps that his wife works in South County.

He wants me to move south... but the price difference just isn't large enough (especially when you 5/1 ARM it :) ).

Foothill Ranch, Baker Ranch, and Aliso Viejo are about as far south as you can go and still have an "Irvine centered" lifestyle/POV (work, play, shop, dine, services, etc). For us, Baker Ranch felt the closest to Irvine (especially for Work @ Spectrum), and therefore the premium vs. other South County cities (RSM, Ladera, MV, etc) was worth it.

The closer to Woodbury the better. CV is great up near Trabuco, but I can't understand why anyone would want to live much closer to the 5. Especially in the Mulberry extension for $1m+. The school/park/freeway combo will cause a lot of noise and traffic.

Joe61022 said:
The closer to Woodbury the better. CV is great up near Trabuco, but I can't understand why anyone would want to live much closer to the 5. Especially in the Mulberry extension for $1m+. The school/park/freeway combo will cause a lot of noise and traffic.

TIC was smart to skip to the extension and save the last phases for north of Roosevelt.  You're right, the area between Trabuco and Roosevelt is the best location.

Joe61022 said:

Totally agree.  The portion near Woodbury is pretty decent but anything south of that is not good. 

Interestingly enough, the area next Stonegate (area 5b) will probably end up being the most desirable area (outside of OH).

Back