Where do you buy your Christmas Tree?

bones said:
We do tree lot.  If you want a more of an experience, I've heard Peltzer Pines down in Silverado Canyon is fun.  You get to cut choose the tree and they cut it down in front of you.  I don't mind fake trees - my gripe is just the storage issue.  I really hate storing stuff so we do live tree, live wreath, etc.

THE RETURN OF BONES???

ps9 said:
Maybe next time, don't like decorating something flammable indoors. 

with your dropcam you can see if the tree is on fire, if you see it catch fire you can just call the FD :)

bones said:
I don't mind fake trees - my gripe is just the storage issue.  I really hate storing stuff so we do live tree, live wreath, etc.

yeah that was ultimately why we went with a real tree. i told my wife i didnt want any more shit in the garage. At Casa de Qwerty, it is my way or the highway.

ps9 said:
JustSayin said:
ps9 said:
https://m.kmart.com/product-details/p-009W003406691000P

$50 a few weeks ago, never had a real tree before

Never? Not even growing up? 
They're a bit of a pain, but something special.
You should do it once for the experience then resort back to plastic for the convenience.

Maybe next time, don't like decorating something flammable indoors.

If you keep water in the base you won't have any problems.
Most lights nowadays are low heat, so the fire risk is minimal.

We had real trees growing up and I considered it sacrilege to use artificial. 
I switched to artificial for convenience, but I'm glad my kids will get to have the real tree experience this year.

irvinehomeowner said:
The last time I bought a real tree was at one of those lots, it was more expensive than at Home Depot or Ikea (the Ikea one was really cheap). We also had got one at Target but Target swapped Garden for Groceries.

But this was quite a few years ago, we have a pre-lit faux tree which is very convenient... you just need space to store it for 10-11 months out of the year (another pro for a 3CWG!).

Does Costco still sell real trees?

I was tempted to order a real tree from Costco.  I ended up getting the fake 7.5 ft.  It was much better than the ones at Home Depot.  Also I was riding my bike through Santiago Canyon and noticed a christmas tree farm (not sure if you can chop down your own tree).  I'd like to do that one year especially to get the "winter" feel.

JustSayin said:
morekaos said:
Home Depot. Best Bang for the buck for 10 years running...Bring a pocket knife to cut open bundles.

How does HD price/quality compare with Costco?

Price is fairly comparable. You have to work a bit.  We dig into the piles open up bundles and compare and contrast.  It's actually a lot of fun and my kids look forward to it every year.  We spend our time and pick one together.  The quality is quite good and we have never been disappointed.

ps9 said:
If they have a hologram, I would buy one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl6KWiyrTqk

Or you can make a flat one yourself:
http://makezine.com/2007/11/07/diy-christmas-tree-projec/

tree_5.jpg

morekaos said:
JustSayin said:
morekaos said:
Home Depot. Best Bang for the buck for 10 years running...Bring a pocket knife to cut open bundles.

How does HD price/quality compare with Costco?

Price is fairly comparable. You have to work a bit.  We dig into the piles open up bundles and compare and contrast.  It's actually a lot of fun and my kids look forward to it every year. We spend our time and pick one together.  The quality is quite good and we have never been disappointed.

qwerty said:
bones said:
I don't mind fake trees - my gripe is just the storage issue.  I really hate storing stuff so we do live tree, live wreath, etc.

yeah that was ultimately why we went with a real tree. i told my wife i didnt want any more shit in the garage. At Casa de Qwerty, it is my way or the highway.

I think Qwerty is the one in the hardhat.

village_people_650x300_a01_.jpg

Back