What's missing in Irvine?

SNP1972

Irvine is a well planned community -- but are there stores/services that will serve the residents/communities well that we are missing? 

SNP1972 said:
Irvine is a well planned community -- but are there stores/services that will serve the residents/communities well that we are missing?

Popeyes chicken. Next.

jmoney74 said:
SNP1972 said:

Popeyes chicken. Next.
Is this the same reason why there are no basketball courts in Hidden Canyon? :)

I'll take Church's Chicken. Anyone remember Pioneer Chicken?

More workout studios offering different things besides the same old yoga and barre crap. Can we get a spin studio, row, lagree, etc, etc in Irvine. Esp this side of town :)

bones said:
More workout studios offering different things besides the same old yoga and barre crap. Can we get a spin studio, row, lagree, etc, etc in Irvine. Esp this side of town :)

Asians workout?

bones said:

There is that place in the marketplace:  Orangetheory Fitness

I have never gone but the equipment look pretty fancy from the outside.  Also, don't regular gyms offer spin classes?

qwerty said:
bones said:

Asians workout?

Apparently not!  Was looking into classpass and the offerings in Irvine suck. It's basically all yoga. And very limited. Even Tustin (gasp) is better :)

Irvinecommuter said:
bones said:

I have never gone but the equipment look pretty fancy from the outside.  Also, don't regular gyms offer spin classes?

Yea orange theory has row. But it also includes treadmill which is meh.  but I'll try it out and see. Gyms do have spin but I don't belong to a gym. My ideal workout is run outside or swim 2-3 times a week. Cross train with 2 classes. Someone tells me what to do. I'm in and out in 60 minutes.

bones said:
Irvinecommuter said:
bones said:

Yea orange theory has row. But it also includes treadmill which is meh.  but I'll try it out and see. Gyms do have spin but I don't belong to a gym. My ideal workout is run outside or swim 2-3 times a week. Cross train with 2 classes. Someone tells me what to do. I'm in and out in 60 minutes.

You like being told what to do huh ;)

Orangetheory seems to fit what you are looking for:
http://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/About-the-Workout/Our-Sessions

Seafit Studio (Harvard and Main strip mall) has TRX/reformer pilates.  I asked the owners why there isn't a Lagree (because of their other locations have Lagree machines)- but they said that Irvine can't have any because the pilates place in Newport Beach (near Camelback- sorry, the name escapes me) has the rights to Irvine.  I wish Irvine had Lagree too.

abcd1234 said:
Seafit Studio (Harvard and Main strip mall) has TRX/reformer pilates.  I asked the owners why there isn't a Lagree (because of their other locations have Lagree machines)- but they said that Irvine can't have any because the pilates place in Newport Beach (near Camelback- sorry, the name escapes me) has the rights to Irvine.  I wish Irvine had Lagree too.

I don't even know what Lagree is but there seems to be studios in Tustin Ranch and Irvine.
http://www.thehauteroom.com/lagree-fitness-in-tustin-ranch/
http://thehauteroom.com/lagree-fitness-in-irvine/

http://training.lagreefitness.com/lagree-locator.html?submitted=1&direction=&option=com_cswcompass&view=locations&Itemid=244&zipcode=92620

abcd1234 said:

How do you like seafit?

Trim in lake forest has lagree if you don't mind the drive My friend goes there and loves it. 

bones said:
Irvinecommuter said:
bones said:

qwerty said:
bones said:

Asians workout?

I thought you just hang out by the "fence" and flex your abs. jk

The Haute Room is on the Tustin side.

I went to Seafit for over 18 months- but I have a hip injury which was being aggravated by some of the moves on both the TRX and Pilates machines.  The owners are awesome and I really did enjoy my classes.  It's about 20 minutes of TRX and 25 minutes of pilates.  I needed to drive to Seafit, but am not that far away, but there were people coming from Ladera Ranch, which I thought was pretty nuts!  But I really noticed body changes, not so much weight loss, but muscle definition. 

irvinehomeowner said:
jmoney74 said:
SNP1972 said:

Popeyes chicken. Next.
Is this the same reason why there are no basketball courts in Hidden Canyon? :)

I'll take Church's Chicken. Anyone remember Pioneer Chicken?
Oh yes, I remember Pioneer with its orange brown hard crispy crust chicken.  No if only TIC will lease to a Church's. 

abcd1234 said:
The Haute Room is on the Tustin side.

I went to Seafit for over 18 months- but I have a hip injury which was being aggravated by some of the moves on both the TRX and Pilates machines.  The owners are awesome and I really did enjoy my classes.  It's about 20 minutes of TRX and 25 minutes of pilates.  I needed to drive to Seafit, but am not that far away, but there were people coming from Ladera Ranch, which I thought was pretty nuts!  But I really noticed body changes, not so much weight loss, but muscle definition.

Sorry...but it's on the Tustin side of Jamboree...I mean that's half the Marketplace.

Yea location is decent. I'll give it a whirl too. I still do wish there were more options in the WB/CV/NW area. OH center does have two spots.  The yoga place is good - donation based but classes are way too long.  The barre place - meh.

I am just technically speaking that you can't have an Irvine address- that's what I was trying to say and what the owners told me.  I guess if I lived all the way over there I might try it, but living in South Irvine, it's just too much of a hike. 

Yeah- I tried Pure Barre in Quail Hill and it was awful.  I really disliked it.  I hated that it was carpeted.  Gross.

Back