What are they building north of Jeffrey / Portola?

paperboyNC

See the highlighted area on the attached map. This may have been posted earlier but I didn't find it. There has been a lot of activity there lately.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    846.9 KB · Views: 371
That will be neighborhood 4 for Orchard Hills. I posted back about this area in October. Some of the homes on the hill should have fantastic views and have a similar street layout to QH's Vicara homes.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,4219.msg71364.html#msg71364

orchard_hills_planning_08.jpg

I drove by again today and realized I got the location wrong on the map. This is across Portola from Stonegate between Jeffrey and Sand Canyon. See attachments.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    906.4 KB · Views: 289
  • 20131217_121741.jpg
    20131217_121741.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 292
This could be the Gateway Park?

This is copied from recent disclosure document for Stonegate home buyers and it mentioned there will be a public community park along with Orchard Hill construction.

"4. Public Community Park

Gateway Park, a 71-acre public community park that is planned to include baseball and soccer fields, tennis and basketball courts, food concessions, parking and related facilities, is planed to be constructed in connection with the future development of the Orchard Hills community between Culver Drive and Jeffrey Road on the north side of Portola Parkway. .... Gateway Park will be owned and maintained by the City of Irvine. "

This should be a good thing for Stonegate residents. I think Stonegate already has (or planned) total 8 private parks in the community and they are going to have one more. :)

Why does the City not require the builder/developer to put up signs as to what is being built/develop so that citizens know what the heck is going on?  It's public info anyways, right? 

akirvine79 said:
This could be the Gateway Park?

This is copied from recent disclosure document for Stonegate home buyers and it mentioned there will be a public community park along with Orchard Hill construction.

"4. Public Community Park

Gateway Park, a 71-acre public community park that is planned to include baseball and soccer fields, tennis and basketball courts, food concessions, parking and related facilities, is planed to be constructed in connection with the future development of the Orchard Hills community between Culver Drive and Jeffrey Road on the north side of Portola Parkway. .... Gateway Park will be owned and maintained by the City of Irvine. "

This should be a good thing for Stonegate residents. I think Stonegate already has (or planned) total 8 private parks in the community and they are going to have one more. :)

That looks like #1 on the Orchard Hills map above.

Actually, the photo of construction site is the athletic field of Crean Lutheran High School.  And #1 is not Gateway Park. It seems Gateway Park is straight north of Stonegate. (Image attached)

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 504
akirvine79 said:
Actually, the photo of construction site is the athletic field of Crean Lutheran High School.  And #1 is not Gateway Park. It seems Gateway Park is straight north of Stonegate.

You said "between Culver Drive and Jeffrey Road on the north side of Portola Parkway." The maps shows Gateway Park between Jeffrey Road and Sand Canyon.

Yep true. sorry about that.    I just copy&pasted a text block from the disclosure document and I dont know why text and map indicate different location. (They are in the same disclosure doc but in different pages.)

@akirvine79, how do you have this kind of info at your finger tips??  Pretty amazing.  Thank you.

Back