What are my internet service provider options in Irvine?

What's the best router now that will get through walls?

I don't like putting extra access points around.. every time you hop.. you lose bandwidth. 

jmoney74 said:

I don't like putting extra access points around.. every time you hop.. you lose bandwidth.

I'm pretty happy with my Nighthawk

peppy said:
jmoney74 said:

Which model dp you have. My nighthawk doesn't get through all the rooms and shotty in front back yard

jmoney74 said:
peppy said:
jmoney74 said:

Which model dp you have. My nighthawk doesn't get through all the rooms and shotty in front back yard

I think it's the AC1900. I get strong signals throughout including driveway and backyard.

Get the netgear orbi. My nighthawk did provide good coverage throughout our 3000 sq ft house but the speeds did get slower. With the Orbi the coverage is better and the speeds are much faster

Think I might try the Google WiFi.  Of course everyone's experience is unique but here is feedback from one user, plus Google WiFi is a bit less expensive.

-----------------------

Went from ORBI to Google WiFi, and glad I did. It just worked a lot better for us., March 10, 2017

Ok, after much research, we first choice ORBI from NetGear. From everything I read, it was my understanding that ORBI was better. From what I could understand, the satellite had a special or different way of talking back to the main router as not to chew up bandwidth. Just from what I could understand, ORBI was suppose to be the best.

Well, after using ORBI for 1 month, we had nothing but issues. Internet was slow. The farthest bedroom was very slow. To be fair, I don't believe ORBI was ever set up correctly. I had issues when first setting up, after doing everything the ORBI website told us to do, it was suppose to send us a conformation email, to my limit knowledge we needed this email code or whatever to be able to update ORBI. I tried every weekend to tweek, register, whatever I could to get ORBI to work.

ORBI had to go. Enter a very quick research session. Enter Google WiFi. Everything I read about it was quite positive. Of course there are always bad reviews about everything, but Google WiFi just seemed like the next one to try.

Set up with Google Wifi was beyond simple. Setting up the two other WiFi points was super simple. On the last "pod", the app even told me to move it to another location, so I moved it only by 6 to 7 feet and boom, internet was active.

This system was super simple to activate. And for the first time ever, we had amazing WiFi in the furthest bedroom. The internet TV was the fastest ever for that bedroom TV. It was very nice.

Now, I can't tell you the differences of each WiFi system, but we tried ORBI and it failed us, but it might be your solution. But we are so in love with the Google WiFi system. If your thinking about upgrading your WiFi system, don't be afraid to give the Google System a chance.

Back