Water softener question for new irvine construction

Irvinehomeseeker

Hello

I am looking at purchasing a new construction in irvine - IP is the builder. I liked everything but found out that at the current point in time of the build the option to add water softner hookup is now past. I tried to request the sales counsellor to make some exception but she said the builder doesn't allow this at all due to stage in process...although I know it's still empty land at the lot now.

My question - How easy it is add the hookup after closing? Also, if there is any way to get the builder to make add this on past the set date of build process.

Appreciate your inputs

IMO, Water Softener is best done after closing.  IP charged an arm and a leg for their water softener system/install.

It's real easy to get it hooked up after closing; save yourself the money and go outside the builder.  PM me if you want a good contact for a water softener.  He's done my home, JMoneys and my parents home for a great price. 

Irvinehomeseeker said:
Hello

I am looking at purchasing a new construction in irvine - IP is the builder. I liked everything but found out that at the current point in time of the build the option to add water softner hookup is now past. I tried to request the sales counsellor to make some exception but she said the builder doesn't allow this at all due to stage in process...although I know it's still empty land at the lot now.

My question - How easy it is add the hookup after closing? Also, if there is any way to get the builder to make add this on past the set date of build process.

Appreciate your inputs

Are you asking about the piping only option?  I knew a friend that added a water softener system which included the piping on an older home.  I think they charged by the hour to cut, tap and thread.  It's been many years, but it's a common job when you order a water softener without having pre-existing line support.

The builder option will include an extra outlet dedicated for the unit which is nice if you don't have an outlet nearby.

-Doug

IP at Strada included as standard the softener hook-ups, making post-closing additions easy. The problem is, I'm not interested at all in a softener unit, but now I have a 6"+ pipe sticking out of the wall around 6' high near the door to enter the house. Thanks IP!

FranchisePlr said:
Just got this done through Puronics and I've done tons of reserach on it vs Fleck, Nuvia, Culligan, etc..

Why did you choose Puronics over the others? 

The technology behind it, the potassium/salt tank is bigger to hold go through without replacing salt/potassium as often, full stainless steel outer tank and inner tank.  Most have fiberglass or just a stainless steel outer with fiberglass inner.  Plus to get rid of chloramine, teh carbon is a good amount.

akkord said:
FranchisePlr said:
Just got this done through Puronics and I've done tons of reserach on it vs Fleck, Nuvia, Culligan, etc..

Assuming you went with a whole house carbon filter & water softener with a potassium/salt mix with no need for an RO system? I'm debating if we should install one, if you have any other feedback or research you'd like to share, I'm all ears.  I've heard a lot of pros & cons to softeners and RO systems. 

FranchisePlr said:
The technology behind it, the potassium/salt tank is bigger to hold go through without replacing salt/potassium as often, full stainless steel outer tank and inner tank.  Most have fiberglass or just a stainless steel outer with fiberglass inner.  Plus to get rid of chloramine, teh carbon is a good amount.

akkord said:
FranchisePlr said:

I have an RO as well.

akkord said:
Assuming you went with a whole house carbon filter & water softener with a potassium/salt mix with no need for an RO system? I'm debating if we should install one, if you have any other feedback or research you'd like to share, I'm all ears.  I've heard a lot of pros & cons to softeners and RO systems. 

FranchisePlr said:

akkord said:
FranchisePlr said:

Back