Walking to Northwood High School from Orchard Hills

fumbling

I visited Orchard Hills and found out that the new neighborhoods directly adjacent to Northwood High School have no walking trails for students to walk to the high school.  Students have to walk all the way to the entrance of each development and literally what would be a few blocks of walking through the community becomes a mile or two around the periphery to get to school, so seems like everyone has to drive their kids. Just boggles my mind that the developers didn't put in walking trails to the school ... any Orchard Hills residents/buyers here who also find the lack of direct walking access to the school puzzling? 

fumbling said:
I visited Orchard Hills and found out that the new neighborhoods directly adjacent to Northwood High School have no walking trails for students to walk to the high school.  Students have to walk all the way to the entrance of each development and literally what would be a few blocks of walking through the community becomes a mile or two around the periphery to get to school, so seems like everyone has to drive their kids. Just boggles my mind that the developers didn't put in walking trails to the school ... any Orchard Hills residents/buyers here who also find the lack of direct walking access to the school puzzling? 
I thought this was explained somewhere on another thread.  Homeowners don't want high school hooligans loitering on their property.

I was told by the salesperson that there is a shortcut to the high school from the community.  I diont live there so I am not sure.    :-\

garagedoor said:
I was told by the salesperson that there is a shortcut to the high school from the community.  I diont live there so I am not sure.    :-\

There's shortcut alright, whether it's legit is another story.  I saw many students squeeze through a small opening at a locked chain link fence gate near Vista Scena in order to get to school. 

I think Orchard Hills should open up a walkway to Northwood High School.  It doesn't make sense to have the kids walk all the way around. 

bookworm said:
I think Orchard Hills should open up a walkway to Northwood High School.  It doesn't make sense to have the kids walk all the way around. 

But one probable down side of this is that some parents will drive through these adjacent neighborhoods to pick up their kids. 

Or when there's special event at the school like open house etc where the entire school parking lots and street parking are full, some might park at these adjacent neighborhoods. 

Back