Villages of Columbus - Columbus Grove/Square - Kensington Court

zovall_IHB

<strong>Development:</strong> <a href="http://www.villagesofcolumbus.com/" target="_blank">Villages of Columbus</a>

<strong>Village:</strong> <a href="http://www.villagesofcolumbus.com/pages/villages/index.php?village=columbus%20grove" target="_blank">Columbus Grove</a><a href="http://www.villagesofcolumbus.com/pages/villages/index.php?village=columbus%20square" target="_blank"></a>

<strong>Tract:</strong> <a href="http://southerncalifornia.lyonhomes.com/homes/community.php/Kensington_Court_at_Columbus_Grove.html?c=223" target="_blank">Kensington Court</a> (63 attached townhomes) in the City of Irvine and ?? in City of Tustin

<strong>Builder:</strong> <a href="http://www.lyonhomes.com/" target="_blank">William Lyon Homes</a>

<strong>Schools:</strong> Irvine School District (<a href="http://www.iusd.org" target="_blank">IUSD</a>): Stone Creek Elementary, Lakeside Middle, Irvine High

Possibly also Tustin School District

<strong>Tax Rate:</strong> Tax Rate is appoximately 1.75% including Mello-Roos

<strong>HOA Dues:</strong> Estimated to be $385 per month at build-out

<strong>Deposit Required:</strong> $5,000

<strong>

Plans:</strong>

Residence 1 - 3bd/2.5ba - 2125 sq. ft.

Residence 2 - 3bd/2.5ba - 2673 sq. ft.

Residence 3 - 3bd/2.5ba - 2472 sq. ft.

Residence 4 - 4bd/3ba - 2685 sq. ft.

<strong><u>PRICING</u></strong>

<p><strong>Late Phase 1 List Pricing (October 2006)</strong>

Residence 1 - From $752,990

Residence 2 - From $843,990

Residence 3 - From $813,990

Residence 4 - From $869,990</p>

<strong>Phase 2? (picked up on December 2006)

</strong> Residence 1 - From $713,990

Residence 2 - From $806,197

Residence 3 - From $786,114

Residence 4 - From $846,311

<strong>

Phase 2? (picked up on 1/10/2007)

</strong> Residence 1 - From $713,990

Residence 2 - From $818,000

Residence 3 - From $788,000

Residence 4 - From $846,311

<strong>Phase ? (picked up on 3/16/2007)</strong>

Residence 1: From $678,700

Residence 2: From $731,197

Residence 3: From $744,191

Residence 4: From $859,801

<strong>Phase ? (Pricing on 6/23/2007)</strong>

Residence 1 - From $689,990 -- 1 Remaining!!!!! (they actually have all those exclamation points on their price sheet)

Residence 2 - Sold Out

Residence 3 - $739,990 - 2 remaining

Residence 4 - $849,990 - 2 remaining

<strong>Phase ? (Pricing on 11/16/2007)</strong>

Residence 1- $675,961 (Not sure if this is the model home, but judging by the price, I'm assuming it's not)

Residence 2- SOLD OUT

Residence 3- $829,990 (Model Home)

Residence 4- $839,682 (Model Home)

From the Villages of Columbus Discovery Guide, it looks like Kensington Court will be in both Columbus Grove and Columbus Square. The ones in Columbus Square would be in the City of Tustin and belong to the Tustin School District.

<p>Late Phase 1 List Pricing (October 2006)</p>

<p>R1- From $752,990</p>

<p>R2- From $843,990</p>

<p>R3- From $813,990</p>

<p>R4- From $869,990</p>

<p>I know at the end of the year that plan 1s were going for a true transaction price of about $665k. They did sell through phase 1 with those aggressive incentives.</p>

<p>They are nice places that I would consider living in, but prices started high and haven't stopped dropping yet. The sales office says that "most" of the buyers are using I/O financing to close these deals, which to me creates further downside vulnerability.</p>

<p>Kensington Court (along with many other Villages of Columbus & Portola Communities) are scheduled to have another phase release in mid to late January. I think a lot of new product is going to be hitting the market at the same time.</p>

<p>SCHB</p>

Thanks for the pricing info! I'll add it to the first post so that it'll be a little easier to see as this thread grows (I hope).

$665 is a HUGE difference from the $752k they are advertising at. I think there might be a release on 1/20. We'll see if they drop prices or not.

<p>Next release Saturday, 20Jan2007. (along with Clarendon, Sendero, Lantana) Looking forward to seeing the adjustments!</p>

<p>Zack, their deposit is $5k.</p>

<p>SCHB</p>

Cool! I just added that in.

With Kensington Court split across two cities and two school districts, I wonder if they are going to mix the pricing up. I'd imagine the units in the City of Irvine and Irvine Schools would cost more than the ones in the City of Tustin and Tustin Schools. Anyone have the scoop on that?

<p>The Village of Columbus handout indicates that the Kensignton Court models are in the more desirable Harvard locations, but the rest of the homes are in the Edinger side closer to the train tracks.</p>

yeah! make it cheaper! i liked Plan 3 and looks like last update was 813. I think it's worth 650 (note: i still can't afford this)

I found out that the Kensington Court's located in Columbus Square are going to be called Mirabella. I wonder why they changed the name for Columbus square.

That's weird

Question, why would a homebuilder build attached units 2000+ sq ft? Who is the market they're trying to sell to? A good question is this: why wouldn't you take your 800k and get a smaller detached?

Hmm. That is true. 800K can get you a nice detached house. The sucky thing about Columbus Grove is that the 700K-800K price range doesn't really exist except for Lantana and Kensington Court. I would pick Lantana over Kensington Court because I love the Lantana homes. And Lantana dropped the biggest plan from 999K to 899K so WOW.

Lantana is ok. i would call their floorplans in my book, "inoffensive". Which is a thumbs up!

i don't remember them right now maybe when i go home i'll look and critique

<p>To me KC has a very urban, post-nesting boomer feel to the place. Some well-off late fifty-somethings with the kids gone and don't need the 5bd+ home with all the maintenance, but still want room to entertain and have family stay over.</p>

<p>Their price per square foot has been decent compared to other similar properties, but it is a very "attached" home product (most units only have windows on the front and back).</p>

<p>SCHB</p>

Back